Tree of Savior Forum

kCBT and iCBT veteran bringing feedback

I fixed the only link in the post. I actually did click it TWICE before and I was under the impression it sent me to the correct item. I’m about as good at this stuff as IMC is.

Items need rework. I could roll through early levels with no accessories and some armor parts because those were simply meaningless. As mentioned, some stats on these items are completely irrelevant. Also, items could have more stats as well, relevant or not. Epic items should have at least the amount of various stats Legendary items have, while the latter should have even more of them.

Majority of traps bosses cast are meaningless too. They just dump them in one quarter of the area, leaving you other 3 free to run around. Those should be placed more randomly, maybe just appear near the player at random intervals

Can’t comment on the SP much. Played an Archer, so at least 90% of my entire silver went there, but the issue are not the potions, but how stupid the entire Archer scaling is.

Experience scaling and cards need fixes as well. It’s quite stupid, that if I won’t know specific level ranges to use my cards, I will be stuck around that level for at least a month. If full game will have 600 levels, then it’s difficult to imagine for how long some players will get stuck in some of these traps, considering that even at iCBT, going from 140 to 177 would’ve taken roughly a month of casual play.

1 Like

BEST FKING SUGGESTION WE HAVE EVER SEEN

At high level you start to not caring about SP. I’m a Wiz 3 Ele 3 and I can guarantee you that. The ratio where I used my lv 5 hp potion to lv 5 sp potion is 10:1.

While I can actually run out of SP for spamming lv10 Freezing Sphere, I don’t really have to spam SP potion everytime it’s off cooldown if I want to keep up with the consumption.

SP should be an issue at late game, where your SP potion couldn’t keep up with the consumption, for strategic purpose (unless you have some expensive potion). At this point I just don’t know of any class that can have SP issue when they spam lv 5 SP potion.

Heh, I still remember how much I struggle with SP issue before Rank 4, then suddenly it don’t matter anymore.

This is a physical debuff build. Each point of spr is essentially -0.8 critical resistance, 1 critical attack, and -1 defense. Honestly that is better damage than your going to get with a dex/str for both your smite, and auto attacks.

I don’t run out of sp just grinding solo since theres not enough enemies to actually be able to spam my skills on. It is mainly just dungeons, and world bosses.

I tried full strength once with lvl 15 smite and it wasn’t sustainable at all. It would run out of sp every 2-3 minutes just one shoting mobs with smite. If I lowered the skill level though it would just be less damage than my spirit build without its debuffs.

Actually it is true only for auto attack but not for skills: if your Smite - Enhance attribute is 100% then 1 point in str will give you 1 patk,1 cAtk that transforms into 2 damage, or 5 in case of critical (1*1.5 + 1)*2. And Str scales much better at later levels because of rank bonus.

The Enhance attribute still counts the defense in the damage formula. So -1 defense would count as 2 damage also in that scenario.

Even though str scales rank% wise its still not getting crit rate for stat investment. The points you would have to spend in dex would ultimately lower your overall damage.

Edit: Some calculations comparing 200 stat points in either spirit or split in str/dex
Spirit ends up with 261 spr while str/dex ends up with 192 str and 126 dex. Comparing with both 500 base phys attack against a 200 defense enemy.

(692+1091-200)*(2)= 3166 Str/dex normal

(500+1091+61)*(2)= 3304 Spirit normal

((692+1091-200)(1.5)+192)(2)= 5133 str/dex crit

((500+1091+61)(1.5)+261)(2)= 5478 Spirit crit

I ignored the base values of the debuff skills to simplify things. Spirit effectively has 135 more crit rate along with more base damage when it applies it debuffs.

Formula can be found here: [Damage Guide] The big formula, modifier types, and how they interact!

The big thing was I didn’t learn about sitting til around level 100. I think had I of known about it, SP wouldn’t have been an issue the first 100 levels. I’ll know next test when I make a new character though. You are incorrect in assuming I didn’t do much attacking. I did auto attacks with all the damage buffs up and used the lightning from the krivis when it was off CD, however I didn’t use heal for damage as I felt it more important for healing my group. But I didn’t take Krivis until priest was already rank 3 so I was already set up quite well with SP regen at that point.

I haven’t touched druid so I don’t know how much spell casting took a toll on your SO. I do know that the people I played with who were DPS, once they started spamming “sit” they started having far less SP problems.

The difference is in added evasion and not needing to constantly keep enemy in 2 debuffs and you can keep monstrance up on oneself to get a decent dex bonus (+48 for your example, 174 dex total). So while both builds look close enough to each other, they are completely different gameplay-wise: stationary spr build (and you would take tons of hits because of it) or mobile and nimble dex=str build and evade most attacks while dealing a bit less damage and crit rate.
While 1st (may be) better at bosses, 2nd one is definitely better at grinding and overall performance.

Also Crit Rate has a cap of some sort, so spr build will probably start to fall off at later levels.

That literally just shows how bad it is. You’re putting yourself in the best position possible(stationary Monster that doesn’t resist Zalcai), and can barely outdamage the Support variation with Priest(You forgot to add +150 dmg because of Blessing). You’re also comparing a skill that literally have really low str scaling(1hit), and not taking Knock Down attribute into account(+50% physical dmg); in the end, it’d look like :
(692+1091-200)(2)+(0.5 * 692)+150 = 3166 + 346 + 150 = 3662
(500+1091+61)
(2) +(0.5 * 500) = 3304 + 250 = 3554

((692+1091-200)(1.5)+192)(2) + 346 + 150 = 5629
((500+1091+61)(1.5)+261)(2) + 250 = 5728.

I don’t feel like I need to talk about the damage with Conviction, since Conviction have better STR scaling and would end up outdamaging the spr variation no matter what. You also need to think about how much extra damage are you actually giving your teamates. How many extra crits did they do comparing to not having the buff? How many of them are physical damage dealers with DEX? If you want to go Krivis, choose the Bokor/Sadhu path, you’ll find no success with Paladin comparing to those 2.

I agree with a lot of things, but completely disagree with the sp part. After having access to 3 cbts, making 4 archers, 1 swords and 1 wiz, I must say that archer is the hardest class to keep sp up. Wiz is the second, but still MUCH cheaper than archers that rely heavily on bounce shot (well, most of them). Sword was incredibly easy to sustain, on the other side.

We have a big balance problem, just after IMC finds the balance point we can discuss if items and anything else needs changes for better or worse.

Seriously, what SP pots did you use? The pots from Fedimian should be enough, and if not that, alche SP pots would be overkill. Alche pots in CBT were cheaper then Fedimian pots, so…

I’ve played a FS priest to 100 a couple of times, and during lvling had no issues with SP ( early game ). I played a priest/paladin/druid, and had no SP issues either ( late game ). I was a STR/DEX build, absolutely no SPR. However, I did FS in instance dungeons often, as that was my intended role. FS for parties, DPS for solo. Since mass heal heals so much by %, there’s no need to have INT/SPR to be a decent FS anyways.

C’mon, are you really saying that it takes the same time from lvl 1-100 than 100-200? Cuz that’s how it sounds like.

SP Should be a resource you have to manage properly instead of a waste of 10 seconds time by sitting.

1 Like

I was comparing str/dex to spr on my own build. I was not comparing krivis versus priest on paladins at all. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Oh it seems a lot of people understood me incorrectly. Obviously it would be stupid to give even more problems to Archers and Paladins and some Wizard builds. I believe their situation is appropriate right now - easy to go out of SP if you just spam your skills, but easy to maintain SP if you do things wisely.

I just believe that instead of “fixing” SP problems of the mentioned classes, they should instead give said problems to all other classes.

Honestly I think the whole SP system should be reworked a bit. SP pots are just too good. They should be on a longer cooldown, and maybe even have a lvl limit based on what pot it is ( Say I’m an archer, I can grab Fedimian / Alche pots and have my SP bar regen to full on the first drink, and continually filled to max as I spam skills over the duration ).

I just don’t get the mix. You have these bonfires for downtime when you’re meant to regen and maybe talk, or hang out. But with pots, there is no downtime, it’s easy to just keep your SP up all the time.

To counter this, I think SPR needs to mean more. You should be able to have decent regen with 40-60 SPR in your build. As it is now, any SPR taken for regen is a waste, and SP pots are the way to go. You take SPR if one of your skills scales off of it ( or if you don’t think for yourself and just read forums about how awesome pure SPR archers are :smirk: ).

1 Like

They should scale SP with attack damage. Eg. every 10 Attk (or STR/INT) should increase 1 SP consumption. This way, they can scale the skills in the future, even at level 1000. Otherwise SPR is pretty much meaningless, unless they include SPR for other purposes, particularly on the offensive side.

I like the system MapleStory 2 has in place. You don’t have any SP in that game at all. You use your auto-attacks or certain base skills in your class to gain SP which you can then use to execute your stronger skills. For example: Auto-attack a boss 8 times to be able to use multi shot once on an archer.

Using this system would get rid of the need for SPR as it would be useless like it is now. With a stat point missing we could split up DEX into two different stats so that we don’t have a lot of complaints about DEX anymore.

This probably won’t happen though and it’s going to stay the way it is now which I don’t really mind because it’s not that broken. SP potions are pretty cheap and as long as you use them wisely you shouldn’t have SP problems. I conserved my SP usage a lot so I’m not feeling the same thing others are feeling. (I never used an SP potion unless it was on accident. Kneeling Shot for life!)

Okay, now I agree. But what I want to say is that I don’t know what is the point that IMC wants to get. While I think your idea is ok - I prefer to not see this skill spam (again, talking about “oblique shot” like skillls) - I see that maybe IMC wants this skill spam, so changes you suggest should go to another way. Its unfortunate that we are not in control of the game, but even if they go another way, at least make it balanced.

Technically, you’re right.
However, increased SP costs will fix skill spam. It’ll not remove it entirely, but will punish players more heavily for doing it.

great thread! @STAFF_John, send it to imc!