Tree of Savior Forum

Kabbalist C3 needs a Golem

As I’ve already put down in my suggestion back in January [Ideas for Kabbalist C3 and Kabbalist rebalancing], I believe that Kabbalist in this game requires the ability to use a Golem[craft it or summon it].

The “Golem” is a product of Kabbalism [i.e. Jewish traditional mysticism] and can only be invoked by Jewish Clergymen [i.e. a Rabbi who’s knowledgeable of the Kabbalistic secrets/secret art to give life to something without life],
so it’s basically a neccessity for the Kabbalist Class to feature the one thing of Kabbalism that every human with access to education in the form of modern media knows and which is overly represented in TOS in various forms: The Golem.

Be it Rabbi Loews Golem in Prague in the early “modern” times, the numerous pop-cultural references in Anime&Manga from Japan or the RPG-genre from across the world, most of them feature Golems in one form or another.

It would be sad to see TOS as one game that actually features a Kabbalist Class with no access to creating a Golem, while Necromancer got a summoning skill [Create Shoggoth] that’s based on H.P. Lovecrafts fiction and unbefitting of the Class theme [Shoggothians are created from living cells, not raised from the dead]…

6 Likes