Tree of Savior Forum

Just a friendly reminder that we're in a paid open beta and not release

We paid for an early access to a beta.

Bugs and improvements are to be expected. The variety of complaints about early access bugs and glitches, it’s to be expected.

A lot of people seem to think that we’re going into release come the end of April but we’re actually going into Open Beta. Things like server stability will be improved. And for people complaining about wasted time, you’ve being compensated, for the most part periodically.

But do keep in mind, this is early access to a beta, not a completed game. There will be issues.

A lot of people get confused so if a staff member could clarify if we’re going into an actual release or if we’re launching the open beta for everyone to play, that’d be great.

@Staff_Julie, @STAFF_John, @STAFF_Ethan

@GM_Francis, @GM_Sebastian

7 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve been hard on IMC for a while on a variety of issues. I’m just reminding people that this is a beta so bugs are to be expected.

4 Likes

Apparently this needs a bump as people are still confused.

2 Likes

I was about to make a similar thread. Good that it’s here already.

People have too high expectations right now. We were supposed to get a 3rd CBT ppl (speculative)…

1 Like

bugs are expected but problems that occured on previous beta is still present on this current “beta”
people wouldn’t mind new bugs as long as old bugs are fixed
and people kept saying that trading should be available to everyone and some accepted it but didn’t expect that the trade would also be limited by 30 trade per token/month

2 Likes

That’s old news. Token features /restrictions were long known.

yep it is long known for the restriction but when IMC said that international would be different. some or most of us hoped that trading would be available for everyone.

but nah we are almost the same with korea ToS i think the difference cmiiw is skill balancing which i think is not that balance but a heavy nerf mostly for linkers

No. This was not advertised as a beta. The few (comparatively) who have followed the game for a long time might realize it’s meant as a beta, but the enormous number of steam users who just heard of it in the last few weeks do not see it like that and that’s not their fault. This isn’t a beta. This is founder’s early access. And they are doing very. Very poorly.

4 Likes

When they announced a 3 months early access I think it was because they estimated the game would have been in a playable state for that date. The community forced them to change plans so now we are in for a bumpier start than expected.

The complaining crowd are not being very helpful in this phase of the game’s life. Creating new threads about the same issues over and over and each one of these consisting in not more than 2 sentences, most of the time in a barely understandable english only helps to clutter the forums, making it harder for the devs to listen to the actual contructive criticism and helpful suggestions.

On the other hand, the players do have a point in being worried about the game. Even if we accept the fact that it won’t be flawless product for months to come, it is hard to be optimistic about how IMC will fix these issues.
For instance all the restrictions we have in place just to stop RTM make the game barely enjoyable, and we don’t even have the consolation that this helped us getting rid of the bots, because… well you know.
Personally, if I look back at all the things they did since the beta, what worries me in particular was how they made potions not tradeable and removed 1:1 trading completely to cripple RMT. It’s like breaking the nail of your toe because you bump the foot on the door, and cutting off the foot because the nail might get infected.

We will see what changes they will bring in the coming weeks to counter the current situation. Hopefully they will realize that the western market is different than what they are used to, and listen to right players’ comlpaints.

1 Like

3 months early access is pretty long for an MMO imo and since they allowed transfer what would it be like if a 3 month headstart player transferred to a newly made server 1 month after being released even if its 3 months later after being release it will become 6 months headstart.

agreed on this one if i understand it correctly. they restricted it for the purpose of suppressing or stopping RMT and bots but they didn’t actually thought about the playerbase and only made the decision to battle against the bots and RMT while risking the future population of the game.

It’s true. IMC deleted their announcement claiming that the beta was coming (and the topic linked in the OP shows that) but unfortunately, this was done to lure Steam users in I think. People think the game is in early access and going into release on April 28th but the sad truth is, this game is going into open beta.

Whether you want to believe it or not, this is a beta.

• TREE OF SAVIOR ON STEAM

• ctrl+f “beta”
• 0 results

1 Like

Again, no. It’s not a beta. It’s a fully released game that’s been released unfinished and they should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

It is a beta, even if it wasn’t advertised as such as Steam and despite IMC going out of their way to hide the fact that it is a beta, anyone following this game for more than a month knows it’s a beta.

I understand the frustration. IMC is totally to blame for this. They did not tell anyone on Steam that it was a beta and even deleted evidence claiming it was. I’m not trying to defend IMC on that. I am only trying to defend the status of the game.

They did say it is an Open Beta Test no? I’m always under the impression that we are in a non-wipe OBT.

I believe the initial 3 month early access will help to find and solve these problems before the main crowd comes in. Their intention for early access is to have more time to clamp down on these bugs and stabilise the servers. However due to community backlash IMC caved in and changed their plans.

Can’t we just cut them some slack and patiently wait for their updates on the reported issues? Bugs need time to solve and also a scheduled time slot to prepare and live a patch for the said bugs.

No. Not once does it say anything about beta. It’s a full release, as far as I’m concerned, and it’s terrible. They don’t need any slack, they need a kick in the pants and a stern talking to.

1 Like

Beta does mean it has its share of issues. What’s disappointing is that the game handles worse than ICBT2. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it’s a coder’s nightmare. (Fix 1 error, get 5 more) thing but they better act fast.

http://puu.sh/o41ek/6336512e1e.png

Sorry… but this is not a Open Beta. The idea of a Open Beta is give acess to anyone interested in test the game. When IMC did this Early Acess they even removed the annoucement of “Open Beta Soon” from the main page and don’t even said the words “open” or “beta” again in their post annoucements.