Tree of Savior Forum

Julie is gone! :(

I assume it would be hard to sift through feedback when the general discussion forum alone looks like a ton of technical support threads drowning in a sea of tears while a few positive threads struggle to stay afloat. This community cries more about small things than I have ever seen. For awhile there I felt like I was watching the preamble to the holocaust with the sheer number of racism threads. I feel for any moderation team that would have to look through forums riddled with a community like that to find golden eggs.

Edit: This game has problems, most games have problems. Said problems are not reasons to create an uncivilized environment and expect the developers to look for feedback in it.

1 Like

I kind of suspect Julie have been PM’ed some really disturbing letters too.

Julie was probably fired(maybe she just left, im not 100% sure) because she usually went against imc’s word. And usually took upon herself responsabilities she wasnt allowed to take(transfering stuff, saying “we’ll fix this for you” when she didnt have confirmation from imc, blaming imc directly when she could not do something instead of saying “im sorry we cant do that for you”).

1 Like

She was also always bugging IMC HQ for answers and solutions. While I really like her independent thinking and initiative, I think IMC just doesn’t appreciate it. I think this doesn’t bode well for IMC.

Julie was an awesome CM.

10 Likes

what you said is perfectly right. that is exactly what happened.

but it’s not that they don’t like her independent thinking, SHE doesn’t like that IMC doesn’t care of most of the complaints.

Sadhu thread link, pls?

Anyone else find it a bit strange that Julie’s account probably commented in and locked the Julie appreciation thread after she had already left? :neutral_face:

Before that reply there wasn’t a single that long period of her not posting during working days and that was her only reply on that day, even though there were some new problems she would have very likely replied to.

What I want to say is that it’s not nice to reply on other people’s behalf and pretending to be them like that. It leaves slightly bad aftertaste of the company. I understand none of the CMs wants to take the hit for closing that thread but don’t they have accounts like TOSTeam for that?

Let us all gather and riot to have Julie back

I liked her too, but I think both sides were just unhappy with each other. She didn’t want to lower herself to take the side of IMC and was constantly and very visibly disatissfied with her own company she worked for. She often spoke like she was seperate from them. I really would not be surprised if she wasn’t the one who made the decision to quit.

3 Likes

Julie is gone!?

How am I suppose to get her character’s panties now!?

1 Like

THISS. People need to understand that as a CM you need to feel connected to the company, not go against what they say/act as if you were not connected to the company in any way).

Having worked in the game industry I can say that CMs who interact with the community in ways that aren’t pre-approved by their superiors never last long. Essentially, doing their job in a natural and real way is extremely frowned upon because they risk saying things that make the company look bad, even if it’s completely valid, even if it’s constructive criticism. There’s a really prevalent attitude in this industry that you only acknowledge mistakes as an extreme last resort, and communication to players has to be as vague and noncommittal as possible while still giving the illusion of assurance.

There are some valid reasons for this mentality but a lot of it seems to me like cowardice and deceit. I would never want to be a CM, it’s a really ■■■■ job and your hands are super tied. Of course, this is true of anyone in the dev team, but since the CM’s job is to communicate with the playerbase it’s extremely difficult to actually interface with people on a real level without stepping on the toes of the company. Which is why most CMs “suck” and the ones that are “good” end up sacked, because in the industry a “good” CM is one who never speaks out of turn, meaning totally noninteractive in the eyes of the community. It’s almost a paradox.

2 Likes

Pretty much means that IMC is sht.

1 Like

I thought it was fine. It was nice and fresh approach to normal faceless CMs that don’t give much thought and feelings (at least openly) about the players.

And everyone knew she couldn’t do much. Having a mediator that actively commented on newest issues and bothered to tell how things are laying currently was a nice thing to have. There’s no need for only extra formal and appropriate CMs that just write announcements but hardly ever reply on questions about them.

I honestly trusted this company more when its worker wasn’t afraid of criticising the parts she didn’t personally like. She didn’t try to create riots against the company or add more fuel into fires or something like that.

2 Likes

exactly, but fck you regardless mira. lmao

2 Likes

I should rush a Templar just to make a Julie appreciation guild. Gonna miss her. :cry:

2 Likes

Julie best waifu is gone :sob:

1 Like

was this someone important?

New episode that without Julie.

2 Likes

fk you too, kek. RIP Julie though.