Tree of Savior Forum

Joint Penality + MM Nerf/Balance (News)

I really hope it is a nerf for ONLY MM + JP interaction.

My Pyro can only kill 2 or 3 mobs with over 40k health at a time with Fireball + JP combo, and I doubt i will be able to kill mobs with 100k+ health with it alone.

If they nerf the AoE damage share from JP, Pyro will be below garbage tier again…

I think they are.

We are just going back to pre-repository version of JP and HK it seems then remove the additional magic bullets created by MM for targets with 0 aoe def ratio.

With the way it’s worded by IMC it seems to suggest as such. But, i’ll wait and see how it turns out. Just hoping this change doesn’t nerf JP independently and make my Pyro Linker crap(as if my spell base damage wasn’t low enough) :sweat:

1 Like

You must be out of your mind if you think that the current JP + MM combo is “fine”.

I leveled a Wiz3 Linker3 before all this madness and JP + HK + MM was still very powerful then. Please try to know what you’re talking about before spouting bs.

4 Likes

Madness? BS? W3E3 can wipe any mobs with decent CD’s. QS’s are solo free from lvl 86, barbarians wipe mobs easily as well with a decent cd combo. We have krivis, paladins smite, pyro and crio aoes. All these chars can do the same thing in less time. Now with W3L you’re mob dependant and have to wait 30 secs to keep moving. The only thing that compensate that is that it works it kill the mobs, otherwise you’d have to kill each cluster of mob each 1 min?! ffs it’s not hard to figure it’s a pain and ridiculously boring.

1 Like

Nah just admit that you want an i win button. This BUG (yes it’s a bug, get that through your thick skull) was one of the main reasons I quit the game, because it was so stupidly overpowered that it was simply too boring to continue playing my Wiz3 Linker3. If you don’t find 10 140k+ HP mobs dying from ONE of MM’s bullets overpowered then you’re dumb. I’ve been screaming for a fix right from when the merge happened, and I’m glad they’re finally doing it. I’m sorry that you bandwagoned onto something which any person with a hint of common sense would know to be broken.

And if you dare compare JP + MM to Frost Cloud again then I’m sorry, you’re just plain stupid. I bet you don’t even know what the difference between JP + HK + MM and JP + MM is, hence your complaints.

1 Like

Haven’t you quit? So refrain from posting, you’re just making yourself look like a bad manner retard throwing a tantrum with a mechanic that is described on the skill :slight_smile:

Can’t they just nerf it in PvP ? lol. That said it’s meh, but ain’t that mad. The reason i took wiz3 was the massive matk bonus from quick cast. MM+JP combo was just a really nice side dish.
Plus, are you sure it’s only the combo ? Imo we will see a “total nerf” of JP. I mean…why mention hangman’s know if it wasn’t like that ?

That said, if they nerf it. I also want it to be fixed. Why if i aim a single target it shoots only 3 bolts ? It should shoot 5. Like it does with multiple mobs.

The bolt number is the number of bolt that spread after hitting their target
Each mob can normaly get hit 3 time by MM (Whitout anything else)
It not a bug it work perfectly how it suppose to be (For MM 5 bolt thing not the JP/HK/MM combo)

Maybe the view of someone less involved is interesting.
I’m a 250+ AoE-Archer (A2/R3/SR2), and my only experience with Joint Penalty stems from party play.
Whenever I am (was) in a party looking for members I said the party leader: “Gimme a Linker, he multiplies my AoE-Damage. It’s all I need. I don’t need Taunt, I need Link!” Often I literally said “It’s nuts, believe me”.
So I was always wondering if it was not too much to multiply my AoE-Damge by the number of linked targets. It just seemed broken to me, and I was thinking if they would lower the amount of damage transfered. I wasn’t anticipating the solution they choose, but it seems sensible to me.
So before I was very much prefering Link over Taunt. Now I think both have their merits - Taunt gathers more monsters, Link does a nice damage boost to selected mobs.
A last word to all out there playing together with a linker in party: Please let the linked mobs gather before doing damage.

As a PyroLinkerThauma, I don’t think the problem itself lies on Joint Penalty, since as of current, it only doubles AoE damage, by doing a tick of damage from the AoE skill, and other tick from Joint Penalty.

It used to multiply the damage by linked enemies after the merge, but it was patched not too long ago, if I recall correctly.

But the problem appears when you consider how the “Magic Missile” bounces, I think it works considering AoE defense of the enemies, and that’s why it deals so much damage after you use Hangsman’s Knot, and that effect can also be done with Falconer’s Circling.

I notice this is the current effect since my Fireball is not as strong as before a recent patch, where I could easily kill 80k+ mobs with a single fireball, this no longer being the case now.

It was fun while it lasted. Level your most challenging linker builds while you still have the broken mechanics to work with.

2 Likes

True that. Going to go farm another 10mil and my last 15 levels before the nerfs however they work. Ha… if they really f’ up linker Thaum might actually be considered good… And elementalists our indisputable overlords.

They also should buff pyro enchant fire to scale with int like blessing, and give attribute to all pyro skills apply burn effect and damage scale with matk, else pyro really down to nothing.

Additionally, they should buff thaum as well as they are shadowed by blessing and enchant lightning. They also should intereact with pyro/cryo like enlarge fireball/icewall and able grab them to throw for aoe damage

2 Likes

And now, Vanzel’s Linker will never make top 10 again! I love it. The combo is so broken its disgusting. I mentioned it in my thread a while ago. 50k bursts is just wrong.

Falconer is the new linker now.
Circling > JP. Checking Korea linker~

“Don’t you dare bring Steam Linker to us”
“Linker nerfs, God brings nerfs to linker”
“Wizards, we are dead”

Masochism triggered.
Let us share the pain brothers and sisters. It’ill be a bonding experience.

1 Like

Koreans will mass quit, IMC will turn it back and Linker will become gold again. :pray:

1 Like

Nah I just feel inclined to come back to admonish idiots like you.

Edit:

Read this part from the kTOS patch notes you airhead.

[Wizard & Linker]
► Joint Penalty & Magic Missile:
○ Changed the way that [Magic Missile] was able to deal abnormal amounts of damage when used in combination with [Joint Penalty]

In other words, JP + HK + MM still gives you a good burst. But since you probably don’t even know what the HK in there does you may continue complaining.

JP + MM ‘balance’ = WE CUT YOUR DPS HAHAHAHAAH

Tree of Archer

They should at least reduce CD on both skills and give it an extra charge count or something to help balance that DPS loss.

Oh wait, this is Tree of You got IMCed, nvm.

“Abnormal amounts of dmg?” In this game of low spawn and high hp mobs, I want to be doing insane amounts of dmg…you know to COMPETE AND STAY ALIVE!