Tree of Savior Forum

Joint Penality + MM Nerf/Balance (News)

Soo JP will get nerf in september but how exactly ?

Are they going to nerf JP>Knot>MM combo ?
(That actualy pretty much ok)
Or they nerf JP itself ? Making it … Almost worthless as the way seem to describe ?
(That … Would be really bad…)

Source:

I think they only nerf MM/JP combo to make it more … Balanced because the damage are kinda absurd for something like that.

Edit* Pretty much everyone seem to think it only JP/MM combo that gona be nerf.

1 Like

They just said they’re nerfing the combo by preventing MM shooting more on linked targets.

Shame…I decided to start a new wiz to give the combo a shot and see if it sped up leveling.

most necromancer2 will surely hate this rebalancing :japanese_goblin:

That interaction was the only thing making a wizard3/linker build worthwhile, though. Especially seeing as a wizard3 has MM as the only good damage skill to start with. People going wiz3 have even less reasons to not go ele, with such a change.

wiz3>link1>sorc1>necro here and i m not happy about these ■■■■.

They must give players limied skillset change.

I wasn’t happy at all with these changes because if the changes - hopefully, it would never reach the state of COMPLETE redundancy.

Then, I am not sure how some of us are going to face new content with mobs over 500k hp to 1mil.

The thing is…there’re pros and cons of the current situation of these skills. It truly shines in terms of AoE DPS but you cannot even wail when coming to terms with 1v1 setting.

This is balance scale of the skill and it encourages diversity in party for various wizards whom picked up linker previously but doesn’t have wiz3 in them.

I am just hoping the balance will be treated with just with the knowledge of knowing the game mechanics, party playstyle, and taking in consideration of future content that is to come.

/sigh endrant.

1 Like

I felt like it was pretty much guaranteed magic missile would get gutted since it’s pretty much wiz 3 - linker 3 - xx as meta in kr for wizards. I am hoping this means they’ll reconsider the damage on other wizard skills since at r8 wizards appear to be turning out quite weak compared to other classes.

I think because of the ENCHANTER due to the fact that they can make Skill scroll… and the hell is this another Nerf again.

1 Like

Everyone is just on edge right now because of the history of overnerfing and completely shattering the class has happened before.

It says a lot about someone or something that the public can’t even feel secure about their characters anymore. Sucks that the trust issue is completely severed.

1 Like

People ask for balance, people will get it.

Omg the amount of ignorant people in this thread is mindblowing.

We are simply reverting back to what we had before the kTOS repository merge. Any Wiz3/Linker player with half a brain knew that the post-merge JP + MM was so obviously bugged and would be patched sooner or later. Those who jumped on the bandwagon without knowing sh-it about how Linker actually works are obviously the ones whining now. This is not over-nerfing; this is a bug being fixed.

10 Likes

Lets thanks to our WK.

I’m just glad we got to keep it as long as we did, I got a lot of leveling in on my linker with it.

What we could really use for wizards is some of the scaling damage love that all the other classes got with R8.

And that’s why I’m doing a wiz3-ele2-necro3. It will be fun.

You just gimped yourself. Not sure if you know why necro builds need linker. Obviously it isn’t for the JP > HK > MM combo.

i think the changes are fine.

maybe change 2 overheats magic missile to 3~4 will not make leveling a wiz-linker a pain in the ass :smiley: with the new “balance/hardnerf”

Yea yea call everyone you disagree with a WK. Guess what, genius, I already quit, if that makes me less of a WK.

Damn.

I’m glad I’ve already reached necro2 and have flash cannon/skellies to combo with links.

177 levels of wiz3 link2 would be so tedious after September patch.

Try leveling a linker solo and you’ll know how boring and hard it is to do anything. You only can kill 4+(less than that you risk not killing them) creatures together due the combo and then have to wait till cooldown is up again.

Instead of balancing something that is actually working fine;

-why aren’t they fixing the damage reduction of physical link?

-What about enlarging Spiritual chain area and make it so it wont break with knock ups/knockbacks( cuz no one use it nowdays cuz it’s useless against bosses and at lvling)

-What about joint penalty bugging with stairs, ramps and minimal steps?

But let’s focus on nerfing and burying the class, that might work!

1 Like