Tree of Savior Forum

iTOS First Earth Tower 15/F Clear

Hey all, back again after the 10/F clear from 16 days ago. After we cleared 10/F, we struggled on the 13th floor for about a day before working out a clean strategy for it. It was the next major hurdle before the 15th floor, though the 12th floor had scared us on more than one occasion.

After that day, we started making it to 15/F consistently, only to find that this boss was the most difficult fight we’ve ever encountered in this game, not because of the boss necessarily, but more because of the sheer threat that the enemies had posed to us. The dogs with their ranged attacks, the pags with their ranged magic, all in tandem with the boss’ very deadly attacks. Even yesterday we had a run where all three of our DPS were instantly zapped from 100% to 0% while standing inside a Safety Zone. But we started working out better and safer strategies, figuring out when enemies were spawning in, how they were spawning in, what enemies were coming out, where it was safe to spawn. It was a tantalizing effort where we were frequently losing to RNG and our own stupid mistakes. I don’t have a recording of the winning run today, but I do have this:

As an idea of what the fight is like. We messed up SO many things during this fight and could’ve gotten it a day sooner. But fortunately it worked out today.

We have four days until the kTOS repository merge. We did try 16/F today, only to lose at 175/195. But a lot of things are to be refined, and we don’t know a damn thing about 18/F, 19/F, or 20/F. Heck, we barely know anything about 17/F.

LunarRabbit did open up his cube. Inside, he got Lv. 1 Earth Fragment, three times (this is worst case scenario). We shed a tear for his loss of the cube, as well as 800’000 silver from re-rolls.

As always, thanks to the tireless team as well as all the people who supported us (especially you sexy Squire players). It takes a special kind of masochism to go through an hour of Earth Tower each run, unsure if we’ll succeed or not.

30 Likes

Again, congrats!

Big fan here =D

2 Likes

Gratz!
btw name of the song of the first video?

5 Likes

Woah that was fast, amazing hard work you’ve done there. Congrats on the cube guys!

please

our 30 man run beat all 20 ages ago

2 Likes

This re-roll seems more like a rick roll tho ;-;

2 Likes

Now i know why you where so quiet today in discord LOL, shedding tears of blood.

1 Like

Wasn’t 7F bugged or something?

It is bugged, yes. It should be fixed on the 26th. There’s an element of RNG to it. What makes it hard in our version is that it’s spawn is randomized for each player and for the most part is likely to be invisible. Add on top of that, that the objective only has 1 HP in our version, and that’ll explain why most teams cannot pass it right now.

Should see many more teams pass the floor after the repo merge. We have a working strategy based off of CC which we’re employing right now to pass it.

1 Like

Is it that hard dealing with this bug?

Yes. It takes a second for one of the ranged mobs to shoot the objective. You might not even know where it is yet by the time the floor is already failed. Must act quickly.

After the repo merge, the objective won’t be invisible anymore, should generate energy much easier, and won’t be easy to destroy by mobs. It’ll be relatively much simpler.

1 Like

Aw yes, of course :smiley:

Now I’m curious, how’s the rate of success/fails doing 7F?

@runecaster - 100%, unless some really unlucky stuff happens, like mobs resist CC.

@LightAm - No one in our group has highly upgraded gear. Maybe +10 weapon tops. I’d wager I probably have the highest attributes in our group as well.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Bet you guys are super hype for this bonus cube event.

@Veritas Congrats!! All the best for your 16F+ clears~~ Fighting!! o/

If only cubes past 5f had 100% chance to give essence, pretty much any piece of gear other than gloves/boots is so ridiculously expensive and luck based. Probably 50% chance to get a useless fragment in every cube. Some korean guy reerolled 30 something 20f cubes and barely came close to half the essences required for his weapon. That’s 2 weeks straight of doing 20f clears and even with some lucky rolls he still is nowhere close to his weapon after spending over 30 mill.

1 Like

@SlyGoat - Quite hyped! Will probably farm out the chestpiece and maybe the pants during it, if I don’t run out of silver re-rolling.

This is the video @Vheissu has mentioned in his post.

The player is from the original 20/F KR clearing comp. They had 36 cubes, each 500’000 silver per re-roll. After 72 re-rolls, or 36’000’000 silver, he managed to get 66 essences, of the required 120 (for 1H) or 140 (for 2H) essences you require for a weapon. Probability from this sample size suggests it’d take you over 70’000’000 silver to actually get a weapon in a timely manner, as well as a metric ton of patience and luck.

Which makes the weapon stats quite poor for the effort needed, especially with the expansion looming ahead.
Hope they reduce the cost, like allowing us to skip to the 15th floor, halfing the essense required, make essense 100%, give us ‘lv 2’ earth fragments to ‘upgrade’ base lolo gear, etc…
Or even replace lolopanther stats with the 40F gear lol, only then can I see it being worth a 150+hrs +70mil silver investment for just the weapon.