Tree of Savior Forum

iTOS, Archer branches that need a buff/rework July-August 2017

A thousand possible class combinations, but 99% of their skills dismount Hackkapel. Seriously wtf.

Letting us use some of rogue skills while riding is a good start but what about diversity? I wish I could put sapper on that build without having to mount again eveytime I broom trap. Also, Hackkapel has one of the biggest sp usages.

Fletcher is decent but not so great considering you have to craft arrows and spam skills.

And rogue… Well got hit hard by the 3 werewolf patch. Feels lackluster.

Honorable mention: Hunter is even worse after combat changes. They managed to break the class even more. I didn’t vote for him because he doesn’t need a buff, but a complete rework.

Archers have a really strong % on their skills, the highest among all class trees, but it’s hard to compete as sustained dps with spin-to-win, bushin no jutsu or many layers of damage from memelocks. I can’t remember the last time I saw a cannoneer, and they just got buffed 3 times in a row.

Edit1: I love how falconer c1 or C3 shine. C1 makes everybody hit everything inside an area. But it feels mandatory to any aoe Archer build.and that sucks. Hackapell has no aoe at all without falconer. Mergen skills are terrible without falconer also, cannoner received an +aoe attack buff which was nice, but other ranks need that also.

5 Likes

The main reason is that if you want AOE, you go falconer 3.

Canoneer has stupidly high sp consumption but crappy attack. My sapper and wugushi skills are stronger than its skills. Even if I went canoneer 2 it was so weak but it has too much sp consumption.

The reset event was a godsend from me. I have endured that crappy class. Not sure what canoneer 3 will offer but im not that patient unfortunately. They buffed, nerfed, rebalance, mini buff, mini buff, mini buffed canoneer but I dont need to test it back and return to canoneer 2 because I know it will still be crap.

1 Like

Scout
Needs rework. I’m not sure devs fleshed out the scout fantasy completely when they made scout. I mean, what role is it supposed to fill? Gather intelligence? Or sit in a barrel and channel perspective distortion? You get everything you’d want from a scout class on c1. There’s no point going c2 and split arrow is not great enough to go c3. Should have more synergies with stealth, maybe some re-stealth skill for c3, maybe make some steal mechanic like corsair has. It feels bland, uninspired and unfinished. Great costume though.

Rogue
The toolkit is alright for PvP, but it just falls flat for PvE. What did they hope to achieve with burrow? It’s too op in its concept if it allows all kinds of attacks from the burrow state. It feels underwhelming if it doesn’t. Should’ve just went for assassin flavor, maybe some crippling attacks, or debuff attacks like expose weakness, armor crush or whatever. Backstab and crit buff is not enough to feel like a killer.

Hunter
I haven’t seen one, I guess it’s just that bad. And I wouldn’t even want to try it, requiring an additional char slot for a class to work is bullshit of a highest caliber.

Some other thoughts
High rank classes like Musketeer or Hackapell lack any meaningful synergies with lower rank classes. Mergen should be a cavalry class and it probably shouldn’t feel like another take at ranger with higher numbers. SR suffers from identity crisis, they could’ve made pistol a main hand weapon as class icon suggests. And why in the world would you give Hackapell a pistol attack?

5 Likes

Hunter
add something to make pet stop and call back to hunter
skills “damage” work on bosses
skills range should be the same as bow auto attack range

Rogue
add werewolf card effect as an attribute for cri buff required c3.

1 Like

Rogue was just recently buffed(KTOS atm), same with Hackapella, so why are they so far up?

Archer, Cannoneer and Sapper need some buffs imo. Especially Cannoneer who’s got at the bad end of the Classes as most skills render him unabale to move.
Meanwhile look at that perverted Schwarzer Reiter. That Class is way too strong in comparison to most other Archer Classes because it has mobility, AoE and Aspd.

Meanwhile Musketeer and Cannoneer are pretty stationary and limited…

Rogue and Scout should be pretty low in the list, but since they’re quite popular, they’re 1st and 2nd; they don’t really need more buffs imo.

Cannoneer - Just make the Bazooka instance faster and lower the SP cost and the class would be perfect.

Scout - The problem is not Split Arrow but the rest of the kit, making Perspective Distortion be placed on the ground like Jolly Roger and Scan increase missile damage against the target would make the class way better while still being support.

Hunter - Make the skills actually work in bosses, and the pet teleport close to the hunter before using the skills.

And Werewolf + Rogue was bad since the revamp, the crit increase was too small to sacrifice 8 cards slots, but Rogue got buffed a LOT in other skills like backstab, vendetta and being able to use more skills mounted.

Sapper don’t really need buffs, maybe only lower the cooldown of Spike Shooter, because Stockades, Claymore, Detonate and Collar Bomb all have really good uses.

Musketeer - More compatible skills please. :cry:

This actually would be great, the skills that don’t have Arrow in the name could be used with a Musket, like Heavy Shot, Barrage, Bounce Shot and Critical Shot.

cause this isn’t kToS…

who knows when the buff the classes will ever come if they do and if they will even be the same…

it’s like if I kick you in the but and then say, hey look! that kid has ice cream, so you shouldn’t complain cause you might have ice cream… some day :expressionless:

that aside, I don’t even know why Rough C3 skill is digging your own grave, sure it goes great for afk farming/bots and such…

but for actual players…

:pensive:

I’ve been dreaming about that. Musket’s are either QS, Sappers or Wugus. I’d like to play a Ranger-Musket. I mean modern rangers uses guns right? lol

That’s a very different kind of ranger, you’re thinking of the USAR or Ranger Division

It’s very very different from the fantasy Ranger, I mean you also wouldn’t have a Ranger ingame have skills to preserve local parks would you? :thinking:

Well why not? I mean we are protecting at most everything. And the game’s classes are not even based on Fantasy, most if not all are historically based, so I don’t see why not. Like Reiters, they were based on German cavalries.

Now that’s a Park Ranger, afaik there are different kinds of Rangers.

2 Likes

I get you, that’s definitely the case, and I love it! Just wanted to point out that in this case it’s not :slight_smile:

Yeah the Park Ranger was a jab at the USAR and Fantasy Ranger being very different too :stuck_out_tongue:

Archers always in bad position, and knock backs killn their DPS on PvE…

Archer must rework with all circles…This game still buffin swordmans and clerics whatta fk is that?

1 Like

you’ll just have to use 3 Gazing Golem cards post-card update to be able to roll your face on the keyboard…

I mean honestly, Archers can attack while moving, some are even mounted and they have the highest Evasion- (around 15-26% dodgerate)and Critrate boost (around 10-30%) of all Classes in the first 3 circles…

1 Like

They actually have the least mobility while attacking if you mean autos though?
Swordies -AoE auto that they can do while jumping and barely inhibits their movement as you can jump/dashcancel
Cleric - Jump attack, AoE
Wizard - Jump attack

Jump attack kills most of the animation and the melees are compensated by having their autos be AoEs. Archer movement while attacking is trash and more often than not you are going to have to stop and run, then continue, unlike other classes that can utilize jumping to forever circle a boss with them never catching up.

The dodgerate is true, but due to a skill, the crit rate boost is largely the same (150 from Swift Step, 200 from Kneeling [So just 150 for most people]), at lvl 330 that becomes only 10%, and when you’re stacking CRate even less.

Archers probably do need a look overall, in particular at their autoattack, I really hope they change swift step to remove the slow paced walking entirely, or add an attribute to do so for some cost.

150 critrate at level 330 without any additional critrate and against a similarly leveled enemy is = critical chance = (max(0, critical rate – critical resistance)) ^ 0.6 = 150 ^ 0,6 =
20,214%.

With decent crit equip (around 200 crit), the additional critrate boils down to 9,x%, and at 370+ critrate, you still get around 8% additional critrate from the current Swift Step attribute.

With the upcoming changes of the attribute, however, it will be possible to get 180 critrate [if you’ve got lvl 16 Swift Step] from the attribute, because the formula is changed to 100 flat critrate +5 additional critrate per skillevel of Swift Step.

Btw, I must disagree on behalf of Swift Steps autoattack while strafing. It’s actually quite nice and well done imo, because it allows the player to keep his target focused while attacking with the downside of being a little slower. However, you can still hit the target, in contrast to jump-attacking where there is guarantee that you will hit the hitbox of the enemy if you don’t jump into his exact vicinity.
Sometimes you’ll even see the hit animation and hear the corresponding soundeffect while there is no damage done altogether.

That’s why I still prefer the Archer autoattacking while strafing over jumpattacking[also because jumping still can’t avoid the majority of attacks even if they’re aimed at the ground].

You’re forgetting the base crit rate you get as you level which is Lvl/2

Also it’s a lot more than a little slower, look at wizard that can use jumpcancel to literally kite anything, and archer, that well, can’t. You’re forced to break your auto attacks if you want to kite something, a wizard really isn’t. (For ranged comparison)

Lv330 = 165 Crit Rate.

165^.6=21% Crit Chance

165+150^.6=31% Crit Chance (10%~ at lvl 330)
Stacking to 500~ crit rate is easy, the point is the DR, this is part of why they gave Swift Step a slight buff, Rogue got a bit of a hit but it’s Crit Chance so it’s slightly more understandable.

Just aiming for crit rate with relatively bad gear I already have 355 before attributes, this isn’t hard to get at all the most expensive thing on the character is a Pevo Cannon and those are cheap.
355^.6=33.9%
(355+150)^.5=41.8%
7.9%~, I also use Kneeling’s attribute, if I factored that in first it would drop to under 7% difference

Obtainable non-Solmiki gear would leave me at 524 CRate
524^.6=42.8%
(524+150)^.6=49.8%
7%~. If I consider Kneeling first as well it would drop under a 6% difference.

The crit rate change is definitely going to be nice, but when level cap raises the number will just gradually lower.

As far as jumping out of the way, there are quite a few attacks like Shadowgaler’s pulse, or the Golem’s slam that can be easily avoided by others with a much elss significant break in their attack pattern. I’m hoping they reduce Archer’s slowdown while attacking a bit myself, since they can’t attack in the air like other classes to do damage while they’re dodging said skills.

There’s other silly things like the penalty forcing you to +5/+6 any mainhand even if you don’t rely on it (i.e. SR3) because of that silly mechanic that’s still there (albeit not as bad as in iCBT2 from what I recall).

The first bit of crit counts the most, so just keep in mind that the more CRate you have, the less each point gained means is all. Swift Step is great if you’re not stacking crit. It’s stlil damn good if you are stacking crit rate, it just did indeed need that little buff if you want to compare it to other R1 C1 buffs/skills like Pain Barrier, Gung Ho, Safety Zone, Lethargy(w/Attrib).
The tweak to it is going to help a lot though!

Nope, I didn’t forget it, I already substracted it since I stated:

Since crit resistance is the same level/2 and substractive to the crit rate before you raise it to a higher power (i.e. ^0,6) the additional critrate you gain (330/2) is substracted by the critical resistance (330/2) and thus = 0.