Tree of Savior Forum

Isn't time to end the token system?

How would you do that, exactly? In a way that isn’t already attempted. You could argue that, as all of these games basically stem from Ultima Online, Everquest, Classic WoW and DAoC… Actually, I’m hard pressed to think of any improvements that have been made since then, in terms of making the games more entertaining. You could say there are convenience features that have been normalized in the industry, like less time spent traveling, but the core mechanics of the genre remain the same. Eastern MMOs are modeled after western-designed games, except horribly perverted with gambling mechanics, and soaked in anime.

Rant aside, I’m still curious to know what you’d fuse with what, exactly, to come up with a better game!

Well, people in this thread say that “all Korean MMOs” have these problems, so I guess they think western devs do this kind of things better… Ask them ‘_’

Western devs understand that if you only put cosmetics, booster (xp boost and so) and things like that, people will spend their money and won’t complain.

But for some reason, asians have this idea of rng, gachas, and vip system like this token system. Is not like, “lets reward people that want to support us paying for it”. Is more like “lets punish people that don’t want to support us with money”.

Because thats what this token system is, a punishment to people that don’t use it. You move slow, you lose a lot of money on market, you need to wait for days just to level your atributes… Because of that we have those bizarre stuff like tos, not pay2win enough and not free2play enough.

Even so, I’m here reading people supporting this system and making ofenses to me. I really can’t understand what is going on, really.

Lol.

We disagree with removing tokens.

That does not mean we support RNGboxes.

In fact, TOS’s RNGboxes need work. A LOT of work.

Most of the ‘free’ MMOs out there have a VIP system.

Feel free to name one that appears in the top 20 to 30 results of any search that does not have a VIP/Token system.

i wonder if ol xev thinks of mi leik dis tuu :tired:

1 Like

I cant afford tokens and if I didn’t know how to cook I would prob not be able to pay those 2 Mctastypoison meal ether xD

EDIT: The rest is true, my priorities need reevaluation and am so badass I need no token just a pillow :blush:

1 Like

Nobody noticed the obvious: every time we got rank resets last year, an event token was given in the reset package to re-learn all attributes. Since r9, each new rank reset event doesn’t include it anymore. I’m under the impression that not only we won’t see token disappear soon, but we’re strongly encouraged to get one to play…

I’m slowly getting short on event tokens in my storage…

PS: tokens on market were used to be priced around 7M, now 15M and price still rising.

1 Like

Because, they are aware that it is being abused by Bots and Gold Sellers. Having that “premium” benefit would allow them to enjoy farming with 50% exp boost, additional movement speed, spam the market with mats that they farm, unlimited trades, and note that there are bots that actually visits their master NPC to learn attributes.

You know what is the real punishment? Not being to log in the game at all if you don’t pay. Just b’coz you log in a game for free and you sees everyone on Mercedes by having token, doesn’t mean automatically you deserve to have a Mercedes by default. You are comparing:

1. ppl who spent hours farming/working for a token and enjoyed the token’s benefits, versus
  2. ppl who did nothing, put no effort to farm for a token, and complaining life is not fair.

Punishment? You sounds like someone who has been handed everything on a silver plate for free without working all your life. Suddenly when we serve you wooden plate for free, you say its not equal/life is not fair.

Gaming company is not a charity business. What you think you deserve, is not really our concern to be honest. IMC even babysits you by increasing some privilege for non token user to narrow the gap (twice ET/raid per week, dungeons etc) yet you are still here saying its a punishment coz you only get 95% while other who worked for it getting 100%. Crybaby, no?

1 Like

I still got 2 or 4 left :3 saved me so many times…

except for the stupid 50H briqueting attribute :angry:

and they just removed it and all that time went to hell :rage:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.