Tree of Savior Forum

Is Wizard 3 worth it? Or should I skip it?

Hey guys I am in a dilemma on whether wizard 3 is worth it or not since that seems to be the popular build right now. I have a few build in mind with and without wizard 3.

Heres the build I would go with wizard 3

wizard 3 > linker 2 > sorc 1 > necro 1

or

wizard 3 > linker 2 > necro 2 ( would like suggestions between the 2 as well )

Without wizard 3 I would go with

wizard 1 > cryo 1 > linker 2 > sorc 1 > necro 2

For someone whom have never played the game before, I would like to know whether you guys think wizard 3 is worth giving up both cryo 1 and sorc 1? Are they even good at c1? Also, how well do these build fare at both pve and pvp?

Lastly, how should I add my stats point for a necromancer? Any suggestions is welcomed!

skip wiz if you’re going summoner route. you dont need the wiz utility skills. better get more linker.

1 Like

Wizard 3 can work in any build but it’s not required for a summoner build.

Ward.

I want more information on that too

It is foundation for Caster DPS mage, if you emphasize utility class > dps class, then no need, if vice versa, better to grab it.

Take this way, Wiz3 for DPS mage, Cyro1-3 for Def/CC/Utility mage.

All yout builds are good. I’d change Cryo 1 for Pyro 1 on the 3rd. if you want cryo + summon go:

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Sorc 1/2 > Necro 1/2

Wiz 3 buffs Familiars from sorc, flesh cannon and hoop. It really depends on what you like and what you want to do with your char.

Basically if you’re going full summoner those are not meant to be your main skills, so Wiz 3 can be replaced for better class choices.

How do you solve SP problem? I find myself have to take potion constantly to keep the flow going without draining to the bottom of my SP bar.

Potion is the only way for SP recovery.

DO NOT PUT POINTS IN SPR for sp, unless you have other purpose.

I am hopeing that something down the road gets SP Drain

Mage should have little problem on SP, the game balance is so bad.

Put some SPR for additional SP and SP recovery if you’re having a problem with SP since SPR is a secondary status for Wizard.

Wizard C3 is good if you wanna get the Surespell and Quickcast spells. However, if you’re focusing on Summoning, I wouldn’t recommend it.

Problem is putting points in this game into SP seems like it useless and ur better off putting it into con. Ur better off farming money for SP pots and making a Alchemist friend.

Just hoping down the road there be a class i can take at rank 8 to 10 that have something like coverting 25% hp into SP

What if you got a Financial problems in your character? or you don’t have an alchemist friend? or What if in the middle of fighting a boss, you run out of SP potion? What would you do?

Dude, there is a reason why SPR is present in character info. It’s not even a waste. Putting SPR points are not to be ashamed of. It’s what you call Versatility. Besides it’s great if you have SP recovery, and additional SP.

Please don’t get SP…

At least get to higher level first and if you feel like you still need sp then go ahead. For now don’t get it since just from quest and farm you get around 20k silver after the mine quest chain. You have more than enough to actually buy mana pots.

Diversity doesn’t mean you put your stat on something useless and lose tank/int stat. Why not put dex while we are at it for diversity in case he runs out of mana and needs to auto atk. wat…

No, Spirit is pointless.

Mana regen does not work in combat; so you literally only have a bigger mana pool; which each point of spr gives like nothing.

Ok, lets say you are correct on saying put some DEX for auto attack in case he runs out of mana. Question is, is it enough???

About your opinion in SPR, its your style. My style is different with yours.
My style on Wizard is CC Damage, Versatility, Survivability, and Semi-Support with defensive Capabilities. In other words, I always use combos. That’s why I add some SPR for additional SP, for SP recovery, and Magic Defense.

I didn’t appreciate SPR once before. But when I tried adding SPR in my stats,t helped me many times to survive without depending on SP Potion all the time. Don’t get me wrong, I use SP potions as well, but not entirely fully depending on it. It’s based on my in-game experience.

Nothing is useless. You may say that thing is useless but in the end, that useless thing will help you out in the end.

You’re correct about that. But there are always another way to recover SP without engaging into combat. SPR doesn’t only give you SP Recovery but also additional SP and Magic defense. SPR is not pointless at all.

Yea, but you see you would go con if you want defense since that gives health.

There’s literally no reason to put a single point into spirit mages already have high magic defense to begin with from using cloth armor.

That’s true. but that’s your build. Mine is different. I put mostly on INT, then partially CON and SPR…5 for INT, 2 for CON, then 1 for SPR. At least, every stat counts too.

and dude, there is a literal reason to put a single point on SPR even a little. Again, it depends on your style and reason why you want to get it or not.

but your build is not optimal at all.

My dex comment was sarcastic btw. I was trying to give you a perspective. It’s like you’re telling people to get STR on mage because you can auto when you run out of mana.

Yeah getting str will still give you a benefit but it won’t give as much as INT/CON…