Tree of Savior Forum

Is linker still worth it

Is linker still worth it after the nerfs to hangman knot and the AoE thing?

Wiz > Pyro > LinkerC2 >ChronoC3

or

Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Pyro > ChronoC3

or

Wiz > PyroC3 > ChronoC3

bump bump bump someone please respond to me

I think linker 2 and 3 are worth it for JP , spiritual chain and lifeline. HK just become ok at level 15 (4 seconds disable). But to be fair pyro combos with linker became much worse now (u have much less time with HK to set up ur fireballs and flameground).

Overall linker is still a solid build (I’m going wiz 3 - linker 2 -psychokino - featherfoot probably) but i dont see much synergy with chrono c3 (chronos skills are already for the whole party/ AOE CC’s) so i’m not sure about ur builds, but i dont know much about Chrono so…

As chrono is a support class, if u wanna go this path i would go cryo 3 - chrono 3, but if u dont like cryo u can go pyro - linker 2 - chrono 3.

But the build 2 and 3 i’m not sure, u go for dps, then u go back for support, so u kind of stay in the middle of things xD

1 Like

thanks for responding :smiley:

1 Like

Linker 2 and 3 are still fine, Linker 1 is pretty shafted now. The problem it’s possible that linker could be nerfed again in the future.

I think Linker c1 is still decent depends on what you are going for. Obviously it is not nearly as good for solo leveling anymore.

As for me I was never gonna take linker to c2 anyway, i picked Linker c1 and Thaumaturge c1, so instead of linking 8 mobs as a linker c2, i would link 5 mobs and make them count as 10.

1 Like

what build are you going to use?

I can see linker1 working for PvP. For PvE though, it just not good. Go for linker2 or 3.

Don’t take my advice, I never played any of the betas.
So it’s all theorycrafting on paper.

Besides my build isn’t a solo build. Its
Wiz->Cryo(or Pyro)->Linker->Thauma->Chrono c3
Just a build i came up with to play with my friends irl and support them.

That said though, Linker c2 is definitely better for conventional party supports because of the Spiritual Chain. It was a very difficult choice for me to give that up.

Sorry but… linker c1 became REALLY that bad with the recent nerfs? I mean, people keep saying that the difference is 5 to 8 linked mobs with JP, but with a monster gem it would be 6, like it was before, nothing changed about the quantity of linked monsters, only the frequency… (and I’m talking about JP, not considering HN nerf that is really huge)

1 Like

Is reincarnate working in Boss?! This is a recent video… look in 5:00 mim

Sry for my english!

The cooldown nerf is massive, 22 from 15 is a huge deal for PVE. Not so much for pvp.

Whit a 15 second cooldown you can use the ability 4 times per minutes for a total of 24 mobs affected per minute , whit the nerf you can’t even use the ability 3 times per minute, you’ll need 66 seconds to get 18 mobs.

Oh i see… but that timming thing also affects linkerC2 right? So the problem is that both are worse now, but C1 is not as valuable as it used to be… ok, thanks!

Don’t forget HM knot duration also got nerfed to the ground too…Only 2s at lv5…

The HK nerf is what hurts C1 the most, you need 5 points for a 2 seconds bind now which hurts pyro a lot.

1 Like

but C2 is hurt too, in HK’s case, that’s 10 points for 3 seconds. 5 more points for 1 second more duration…

Linker needs to be c2 right now in order to be effective at what you only needed c1 for prior.

The nerf to Knot was such a kneejerk, it’s really irritating. I could understand cutting the boost down to 0.4 or 0.6 seconds per level as it was honestly pretty insane before, but making it 0.2 is just… well… really silly.

Wiz, Pyro, Linker, Thauma was my build in kToS.
Something you have to watch out for when considering your build linking 5 then Swell Body to double it.
You will have to kill the mobs fast after swelling and it’s a bit difficult as the mobs HP /Def increased too.

Joint Penalty duration 35 secs
Hangman Knot duration 5 secs [showing 5 in tosbase] (JP duration dropping while you cast)
Swell Body duration 10 secs (JP duration dropping again)
Fireball/Flame Ground (JP dura drop again) may not kill the mobs in time and they will hurt you bad with their increased damage.

Just my experience even before the nerf.

Edited to add HK duration in tosbase

1 Like

I figured that would be the biggest problems for soloing purposes as the monsters in this game has huge hp pool from the videos i watched. That’s why I’m debating to scrap pyro and go for Cryo instead for more utility, CC and just goofy fun with Ice Wall and stick to my wife to level…

She’s a Pelt/Hop2/Corsair2/Dragoon, since JP kind of overcomes her lack of AOE weakness, I was hoping her single target bursts like Pierce (which will always be 3x hit on Swell Body enemies) would secure some kills before the timer runs out.
I’d be nice to know if that team combo is enough before hand so I could still play with Pyro to add a bit more damage.
Maybe you can help me decide on Cryo or Pyro! :smiley:

Thauma is just so hard to give up because all the buff/debuff and with transpose so I can go pretty much full INT or CON and at level 2 Transpose I can just keep it swapped constantly.

15 to 22 is 50% more cd if u think about it, u no longer can cast it in every pack of mobs in a dungeon, maybe 1 JP each 2 packs depending on the party rhythm. Linker 2 u get spiritual chain which is such a good skill, and the JP almost doubles (5 to 8 is pretty solid), also getting some more duration on HK.

I see the linker c1 becoming bad just because of CD’s but mostly because of HK having no CC whatsoever at level 5 (1+1 = 2 seconds, being 1.5seconds the skill animation probably). HK level 15 still really bad imo, but 4 seconds is something u can work with better. But some summoner builds are still ok-ish with linker c1.