Tree of Savior Forum

Is Linker C3 worth it if you want be mostly support?

Can always level the build and leave on lodge until you need it to protect/destroy towers lol.

^^

About something. I just realized.

Best combo would be Wiz2>Linker3>Trauma3!

Why?

Go full int build. Get your 700 or so int (duo rank buff etc).
Then use transpose change it to con ā€¦ i think you know what happens now.
Use UC and get Int from other Wiz/cleric xDā€¦ and give your tank 700 con ā€¦
Have fun for 30 seconds xDā€¦ i hope everyone has a pardoner scroll of massheal or two ^^.

As you will have around 430 natural int with trauma buffs ā€¦ you get 700 con (which should be around 700 con then).
You have 89k hp now ā€¦ while you get your int back from an wiz that is buffed with your thrauma bonus ā€¦

Hrhrā€¦ just found out that this would be so op in PvP xDā€¦ 30 seconds free roam. Does scrolls work in pvp xD ā€¦

LOL, walk in mid of enemy mob, release shrink, run out of enemy mob and wait in the back with around 80% HP left and wait guildies burn down enemies.

Yeah xDā€¦

But you would deal zero damage yourself ^^. Except autoatks all day.

NO ONE will build that xDā€¦ even if it would be funny as full support.

You kidding? For support is awesome, specially since the enemy will be fking pissed that he canā€™t kill you lol. You can probably imagine some Lemmings trying to follow you to the back of your allies mob trying so hard to kill you and die in the process lol.

It is xD.

But outside of your aa you wont deal any damage xD. And people tend to want to kill stuff themself ^^.

But i just now realized.

If i change my int to con, then get the bonus from UC.
It would be even better if i use UC (while being spr build) get Int from someone, transpose that to con before UC end.

So now i have 700 con, zero int and max spr.
So guess now ā€¦ what happens when i use transpose now?
Will i get the 700 int (then another 150 natural from swell mind, which is around 230 int with bonus of ranks)?
Does the rank bonus apply to the 700 con changed to int ā€¦ ? (most liked not, otherwise thraumas could buff themself ā€¦ and use transpose which is longer duration then cdā€¦ to increase theyā€™re int ā€¦ extremlyā€¦)

I guessā€¦ i might actually try this build out after i made my two main chars.
Itā€™s just itching ā€¦

But iā€™m sure that the int i would have then, should be 700+230=930 int.
So if you transpose that again ā€¦ 930 con. Transpose it to int ā€¦ +230 from swell mind.

ā€¦Oh god ā€¦ if that works.
Even without UC you could enhance your own Int to Con ā€¦ while itā€™s buffed. Then change back to intā€¦ and buff it again. As the buff shouldā€¦ most likelyā€¦ simply add to the transposed int.

ā€¦I need to test trauma 3 before i can sleep again now xD.

I will be found in a ingame townā€¦ with 10k int and asuced of hackign if this works xD. Biggest Autoatk of matk ever x7!

(I never tested Trauma 3 ā€¦ i had so many to test in cbt2ā€¦ stopped at trauma 2ā€¦)

Buffs that modify stats apply bonus stats. Items on the other hand do not count to your base stats and are not modified. 36/60 would be the max uptime though for the uber statsā€¦ Not that itā€™s badā€¦ The regen alone is pretty niceā€¦ And you have control over your convert since you can just flip it off with a right click on the buff icon if you donā€™t want to use it while the buff share is on CD.

1 Like

Tought so xDā€¦

But you could have that nice int spike for a time ^^.

Would be to op if it stacked like that forever xD.

I wonder if thrauma3Linker3-Wiz2-2 Of the endtier rank classes for DPS is a usefull end build xDā€¦

But yeah.

lol, well we gonna have to wait and see what we find, i might try some crazy stuff while not leveling my main just for the fun.

Potentiallyā€¦ Though just the buff share of LinkC3 is pretty good just alone if you can find people that do full Dex and full Str to combine into the megazord 60% of the time. I think that maybe rare without guildies or gamer buddies planning it ahead of time. Lot of people frowning at the full dex builds atm.

Yeah Iā€™m thinking Umbilical Cord really shines when you have a balanced preplanned party. I think it really is suited for end-game dungeons and such. I think it has a lot of potential and Iā€™m honestly quite excited to get a Linker to C3. I really hope the open beta comes to North America soon!

Actually.

Thereā€™s most people going mixed dex buildsā€¦

I think thereā€™s only one reason to go max dex atm.
Evasion.

You can get enough crit rate bonus otherwise.
And if youā€™re not rouge, evasion wont be enough lategame xD.

When enemys get 300 or more accuracy.

So Iā€™ve been doing some thinking about the direction I want to take my character and Iā€™ve narrowed it down to two builds. If I could get some criticism on them, that would be much appreciated. I am mostly looking for Linker C3 vs Chronomancer C3 I think, as that is the only difference between the two builds.

=======================================================

For the 2nd build.

You probably want 1 point in energy bolt. Itā€™s very cheap to attribute it upā€¦ Itā€™s base dmg was 1.5 matk (appearing as 2 attacks) cause itā€™s weird like that.

And you want 1 point in Lethargyā€¦ It doubles the damage of Earth Quake. And you can also attribute lethargy to double the damage of strike attacks which many swordsmen really likeā€¦ Particularly cataphract. You will straight up blow their mind if you lethargy things for themā€¦ Like head just explodes grey matter all overā€¦ very hard to clean up.

I get the cryo choice, youā€™re giving up some matks per min for icewall burst dmg and controlā€¦ So I can respect that. Later on youā€™ill probably just be stabbing things or beating things up with that matk beat stick anyway.

Personally Iā€™d advocate for Chrono 3ā€™s pass and backmasking over Umbilical Cord. So my personal recommendation is build 2 with the above changes.

1 Like

Umbilical Cord is not a bad skill but it feels likeā€¦ something is missing.

iā€™ve played with few L3 players and the thing i liked about L3 was that they joint 11 mobs (yes with dandel monster gem). and that was it.
when you read the description of Umbilical Cord it looks like it will make all party member a superman, but think in this way.
Does sword man needs INT? Dose Wiz needs STR, DEX?

The clear benefit of Umbilical Cord is the CONs and DEX. CON for the HP and DEX for evasion. but the point is this. when the stats are shared by Umbilical Cord, the max HP will increase, but the portion of the HP that has been increased by Umbilical Cord will not be gained automatically

i.e 6000/6000HP > after using Umbilical Cord > 6000/14000

Cooldown will be an another problem. itā€™s effect time is only 30 sec while CD is 60 secs.
you canā€™t feel great difference when you used it and has 30sec of CD.
wellā€¦ yeah.

On the other hand the Chrono3 is one of the hottest supporting class in field grinding. Haste enables the party to quickly move to an another grinding spot, Quicken gives party member 25% of bonus Crit rates, Samsara sometimes revives a boss monster, Pass reduces 25sec of cooldown which enables the dealer to use their skills one more time.

the choice is up to you but i would go with Chrono3

2 Likes

Sword man would benefit, if a DPS build, from CON from a tank build and DEX from a rogue or archer that have high DEX, as a DPS wiz with base or low CON can benefit from the tank CON and a SPR support Cleric can get some INT from the dps wiz for some skill that require INT or Matk.

The thing with UC is that there are some nice scenarios that it can shine.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just became C2 Linker in kToS at R6 and I must tell you it feels kinda a waste. Going from C1 to C2 Linker was an improvement in my solo levelling but I could not feel that improvement in dungeons in which I spend most of my time. At higher ranks most classes get lots of AoE skills that makes JP less important. Also spiritual link was incredibly useless since only few buffs could be shared with it. In my opinion wasting a third circle on linker would cripple your character in soloing and dungeons because you would give up the opportunity to get other classes that can provide more support/dps.

1 Like

I appreciate all of the criticism. I think I will take all of that and adjust my build accordingly. Thanks so much. I am still open to more suggestions.

If you want to make a pure support class then youā€™re better off with C1 linker and C3 Thamu/C3 Chronomancer. Currently the last rank is 7 but if it was 8 then I would go C1 Linker > C2 Thamu > C3 Chronomancer.

Iā€™m pretty set on Linker C2. I had a good experience with it in the iCBT. I like Spiritual Chain. I can only see that being more handy as we get more buffs. Thaumaturge, Iā€™ve been looking at. Iā€™d have to take a closer look, but they donā€™t seem to scale as well, from what I can tell.

Edit:
After much research and consideration, Iā€™ve decided to goā€¦

Wizard -> Cryomancer -> Linker -> Linker -> Chronomancer -> Chronomancer -> Chronomancer.

I thank you all for your help.