Tree of Savior Forum

Is Linker C3 worth it if you want be mostly support?

Hi,

So in the iCBT in October, I played a Wizard -> Cryomancer -> Linker -> Linker-> Sorcerer. I was torn between going C3 in Linker, Cryo C2 or Sorcerer. I went Sorcerer and kind of regretted it. I initially wanted to go Linker C3.

Now I’ve read that Umbilical Cord takes the highest stat of each party member connected with Spiritual Chain and shares it with the party, meaning that if Player 1 has 400 CON and Player 2 has 300 CON, Player 2 gets their CON raised to 400. This sounds pretty great, especially in a diverse party with SPR, STR, DEX and INT all being focused on. However, JP gets 2 more links and Hangman’s Knot gets an extra 5 seconds of bind, Spiritual Chain can last longer. I was wondering… for any Linkers who have gotten C3, was it worth it? Do you feel like Umbilical Cord, increases to JP and HK were worth the investment of yet another class rank?

I want to emphasize that I really enjoyed Linker and my friends got a lot of use out of what I brought to the group. Going forward, I want to continue to be an effective support DPS.

Edit:

I’ve decided to go with the second option, with Wizard -> Cryomancer -> Linker C2 -> Chronomancer C3!

Thanks!

I find the Umbilical Cord skill somewhat useless,you will find mostly INT/STR and maybe DEX among the highest stats in the group unless your group with a Tank then you will get CON.What a magic class will do with STR or DEX and what would a physical melee class would do with INT.I find the only way for everyone to benefit is to have a heavy CON player in the team which is the tank.It is rare to have a tank TOS because most people are going either DPS or Support.

1 Like

It is my understanding that Magic classes still use DEX for crits. Don’t cleric types usually have SPR as well? I may be biased. In my group, we had one of each base class. My Archer friend had lots of DEX, my Cleric friend had lots of INT and SPR, I had lots of INT and SPR as well and my Swordsman friend had lots of STR and CON.

Would you say that in a balanced group, Umbilical Cord pays off? If everyone got more HP, MP and potentially critical as well.

As of now, no, it is not worth, C2 is perfect imo, you link up to 8 targets, which is pretty good, you can lock them in place and have a buff linker to help, depending on the combo you can make a good build.

But as for C3, it only add +2 links so its not really that worth.

I only went for linker two too … as i tought it only shares hp regen/ def…

But after some more research it actually seems to share the stats.

Is it worth a circle … i would say yes.

This is how i would build. As featherfoot skills get shared when linked, you get good synergies.

Linking your mates, will divide the damage taken by amount of links.
I’m still unsure if the defense of the one hit is applied before the dived or after… (second option would be good, specially early game [up to level 200]).

Stat wise.

Full tanks, have at most times con/dex and some str.
Wiz/clerics go mostly max int.
Archers either max str or a mix of str/dex.

So you should go full spr as linker… why?
Spr gives status resitance and block penetration. You will get int from partying with wiz/cleric types.
Which makes you really low dps outsid eof partys xD.

But in a party of 1 tanker, 2 wiz type, 1 cleirc type, 1 archer type. You should shine.
Block penetration will be needed for physical attackers late game. And if you can make everyone have +100~300 con …
Shareing the hurt will feel so good.

Why hangman 15 over JP?
You can bind people and mobs for 15 seconds. Then again for 15 seconds. Making it nearly 100% uptime (if you take away cast animation).

If they surive the first 15 seconds. Use JP and now you have a big stack of enemys on one spot.

Physical link over Jp … just cause i want to do gvg and guild raids and worldbosses~

THE only thing i havent seen or could test (not in ktos) … does the heal from featherfoot … get’s shared?

2 Likes

Magic doesnt crit.
xD

^^

4 Likes

Ah my mistake. I remember it critting. Shows what I know.

SPR.

Is something nearly no one takes.
Which makes reflect shield and other skills scale nicely.
Gives block penetration and status resitance.

So yeah.

And even if you enhance someones str/int only by 100 (cause he took some con or stuff for other reasons. And another went full on noob int max build) that is 100 int.

PS:
And in Hp seen. If you link someone with 300 con at level 280. You will get 25k hp extra as wiz class. No more instant death and Mass heal now heals you alot. Even if only the tanks stats are shared for 50% of the uptime, it’s worth. I can see this being nerfed for pvp …

1 Like

I wouldn’t recomend Physical Link, it also shares the knockback from damage meaning that if anyone in your party gets hit anyone casting an skill will get interrupted, which is terrible.
Getting Joint Penalty to 14 will kepp it as good as it gets (Unless Gem/Divine might I guess, as Lv16 should add another target) and only one extra point in Spritual Chain would make keeping it 100% up easier, which would help if you are using Umbilical Cord for say CON as the moment and for whichever reason your Spiritual Chain just dies due to duration your HO will probably sudenly die.

1 Like

I see what you mean. Spiritual Chain already has a 100% uptime as does Hangman’s Knot. Going from C2 to C3, as far as I am concerned, is really only for less casting of Spiritual Chain and Hangman’s Knot, 2 more JP links and Umbilical Cord.

I guess what it comes down is this. Is Umbilical Cord really worth taking another circle into Linker. With an ideal party formation, it sounds pretty amazing, but as others have pointed out, it may be rare to have such a composition.

I want to make it clear,does Umbilical Cord share only 1 high stat among the group?If so I doubt SPR will be the highest stat among the people in the group.

1 Like

It is my understanding that it shares everyone’s highest stat. So you’d get the Wizard’s INT, Swordsman’s CON, etc.

Ah ok if that’s the case then yeah it’s a good skill.:yum:

1 Like

Surespell+ knockback resist trough spr and swordy skills.

It shares all higest stats.

^^ Atleast that is how it is now pr a few patchs back.

What about your Archers, you Clerics and otehr Wizards without Surespell.

Surespell should get shared… or did they nerf it?

Last time i checked it shared.

True eough, but that buff limit tho.

Daino scorlls xD…

Or krivis help ^^.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXy5u6TFqd0

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXy5u6TFqd0.
Found this.

I have to apreciate the next video ercomended by youtube is ‘‘PELTASTA C3 KILLING A BOSS’’ basically going ‘‘YES IT CAN’’ lol.
Well, should be interesting enough then, hope you are ready to dish out that silver for Dainos because not every Cleric has tehm for you.