Tree of Savior Forum

Is it just me or is A3 completely garbage

“garbage ? you must be new here”

New? I’m playing it right now. this is not just some theorycraft i’m playing A3 and the leveling is a nightmare.

" lv 15. multi shot is one of the best burst dmg skill for a rank 1 class"

agreed…which you would know if you actually took ONE second to read what I’ve written. ", lack of other decent spell apart from multishot and swiftsteps…etc "

lv 10 kneeling shot is one of normal attack build core skill

If you are an AA build, which I am not, so kneeling is useless.

lv 10 heavy shot is the only tool that you can win a plague doctor in pvp

It’d mean a lot if the game is balanced around pvp but it isn’t, and I don’t plan on pvp so heavyshot is useless.

and twin shot dps for single target is fine with it cost

I’m playing A3 atm maxed twin shot and the damage is garbage. Barrage hit more enemies and deal nearly the same damage. this may not be the case comes late game, but getting there is the worst part.

Nice of you to read the thread title without reading the content.

In icbt i’ve made a hard route of archer c3 > scout c3.
This was serious pain with no aoe (i refused to use oblique shot, because i would use split arrow past rank 6 anyway). Many people respected me for leveling so high with this build, but just as many people didn’t wanted to take me in grinding party for demon prison’s, unless there was a linker in team.
Once i hit scout c3 i became a grinding beast. I loved it so much but i said to myself: never again.
Picking c1 ranger at least will ease the pain. Barrage lvl 1 cast 3 times in a row is more powerful then c3 multi shot (and barrage is instant cast).
Kneeling shot isn’t worth it. It tricks people for going full dex build (wich was my build too - yeah more pain to level, i know), where dex doesn’t scale as well as STR does.
There are also very few moments in game when you could effectively use kneeling shot. And good luck using it when soloing bosses.
Heavy shot is nice indeed, but there are better skills out there for doing dmg with 0 cast time. And heavy shot could be left at lvl 1 for push spam, wich means you can live with archer c2.
Multi shot lvl 15 also take more time to charge up then multi shot lvl 10 (even with halved cast time attribute its long). It can be interupted, and its often bugged (sometimes attribute doesnt work). Only good use of it is in party with someone who tank the boss.

In my opinion imc made archer c3 costume to trick people for choosing this gimmick build.

I said it before back in icbt, but i will repeat myself:
Archer c3 would be lovely if Kneeling shot wouldnt prevent moving and casting spells but simply apply when you are standing still for 2sec+.
And it would make full dex builds as actually a nice alternative to STR for archers (you’d need to stand still and rely on dodge to get dmg boost, instead of being mobile and avoid attacks manually while doing non boosted dmg).
If they’d do that i would gladly make new archer with c3 in build.

2 Likes

i’m an archer c3 > scout > c1 > rogue c3
that mean i have no aoe skill and i still fine with it
i can get 1m1 exp per hour leveling alone at ibre plateu (lv 238 map)

so idk what’s your problem here
if you want aoe, just go ranger c3 instead and don’t say archer c3 is garbage
you need a build that fit archer c3, it’s not like “i want to aoe” then you pick archer c3 and say it’s garbage

1 Like

you need a build that fit archer c3, it’s not like “i want to aoe” then you pick archer c3 and say it’s garbage

It’s not just the fact that archer c3 has no aoe. I would’ve been fine with no aoe if twin shot actually does decent damage but it doesn’t. It cost twice as much mana to kill the same amount of mob as ranger c1 barrage, and apart from twin shot and lvl 15 multi shot there aren’t any skill worth skilling as mentioned above.

Maybe twin shot scales better late game, maybe it “can be decent” when combined with other classes, but that doesn’t make the circle itself good.

i can get 1m1 exp per hour leveling alone at ibre plateu (lv 238 map

I bet i can get more if i have scout c3. A3 wasn’t the reason why you’re leveling well, its the other circles that are carrying your A3.

A3 on its own doesn’t stand out in anyway whatsoever until much later when you pump a sht ton of cash into multishot, which is indeed a wonderful skill, but does very little to help you level.

A3 is garbage early game and i do not know what the purpose of twin shot is. For the damage it does to single target, the mana cost is too high. And i’m not the only one who feels this way, if you’d just take your time to read some of the replies.

look at my class tree there 's no skill that can carry me other than archer skills

most of the time i’m up to use: full draw, multi shot, heavy shot and twin arrow to pve
rogue 's back stab dmg is a joke and drain sp crazily so i’m not even want using it
only other helpful skill is flare shot which is only lv 4 at my build

and of course scout c3 have one of the best dps skill from archer tree “split shot” so your pve maybe much better

look at my class tree there 's no skill that can carry me other than archer skills

Then I bet you would level twice or three times as fast then if you didn’t go archer c3. multishot takes a long time to charge and has bad aoe unless you invest money into aoe attack.

Do yourself a favour and roll another archer and see the difference. I say this because i also have a a2 r1 scout 1 and it’s much better than a3 at pretty much everything.

Told you before the end game build (rank 7 atm) affect your whole class build so you will take the one that fit it the most. So don’t complain about lvling quick or fast here

i just want to prove archer c3 is not garbage like what you say

this game lvling is pretty fast and easily, i got 247 in 30 days, still have all orsha quest and i don’t play much every day.
just do all quest, unlock 100% all map and using exp card it the right level then you will have no problem from 1-255. From 255 to higher you will need to grind alot

Except you didn’t prove anything. We only agreed that multishot is good, except the charge time increase significantly in c3. You’re also left with no good aoe for farming.

Is archer c3 particularly good at pvp? Nope. Heavy shot lvl 1 does essentially the same job if you just leave it at lvl 1. Full draw doesn’t work in pvp.

This circle level slower than other circles, doesn’t have a single decent aoe skill, is mediocre in pve, and the onlything i can think of that a3 is decent at doing is killing world boss that doesn’t move.

Seems Pretty garbage to me.

Resume of this post:

A3 is garbage, because i wanna a a3 that have aoe damage! Rsrs
Man, you compare Barrragr to Multishot, that does not make any sense at all, two diferents skills, with differents types of usage…ok barrage doesnot have cast time, but has animation time, that i think its sucks. I made an A3, Ranger3, Quarrel 3, differents classes with differents play style. Reroll a3 an stop crying…

Ps: i ve played the CBT, you did not know what is garbage… Twin Arrow was worser than know…also barrage…

1 Like

full draw doesn’t work in pvp ? have you ever pvp ? lol
also heavy shot at lv 10 is total different from lv 1 at pvp if you don’t know

i play an
archer c2 > ranger c1 > scout c3 > cannoneer at korea
and
archer c3 > scout c1 > rogue c3 at inter server

so i don’t think you have much experience like me, especially in pvp

Firstly, i didn’t compare barrage to multi shot.
I’ve stated multiple times that multishot is fantastic.

Multishot is not a even c3 skill. Do you even play archer?
I compared barrage to twin arrow. Both skill are spammy, both skill don’t have a charge time. 1 has 3 charge and 1 has 5 yet 1 deals aoe damage and kill more mobs efficiently while the other deals single target damage but mediocre damage (at lower level).

Secondly, i never said i want archer 3 to have aoe damage.

It buffles me why you even bothered commenting when you didn’t read through anything properly.

I made an A3, Ranger3, Quarrel 3

Yea that would work because your’e taking advantage of kneeling shot. That would explain why you think archer 3 is good because it suited your build, but that’s about the only build its good for.

It doesn’t make the fact that twin arrow is super bad and the only decent spells are from c1 and c2.

Full draw can bug sometimes in iTOS. Just like multishot. If you actually pvped here you should know this. (or just search the forum) But if pvp is what you strife for, archer isn’t even the best class to use. (that’s off the topic though, i’ll admit)

The game’s not even balanced around pvp.

The point is the skill that c3 provides is just plain bad and i’m done talking about multishot because that’s not even a c3 skill. Twin arrow is.

My A3 is pretty strong, spend a bit of silver on the MS attribute and really starts shining at 50%. It also scales with aoe attack ratio, and with a circle of falconer you get to see it do some real nice damage.

Most people go for A3 because of swift steps extra evasion, great for farming chars that want to solo and use as little hp pots as possible.

Any idea what you plan on doing with your archer?

My original plan was to go scout 3 A3 since i figured multishot lvl 15 will help me get some world boss cubes and the split arrow from scout 3 will help me farm items.

The problem is leveling A3 scout 3 is extremely excruciating, having very little aoe to level.

I might end up going A3 r1 Fletcher 3 (since i saw you vouching for its strength in another thread) at this rate, but then I’m worried I wouldn’t be able to achieve the same rate of farming as a scout 3 on a fletcher.

PPs. Big fan of your calculations, btw.

A3 is pointless for Fletcher3 since you will get more dmg spamming fletcher skills than twin arrows, A2 is enough for the crit attribute. I suppose you don’t want to reroll from your current A3?

Like, you’ll be better off going A1>R1>A2>S1>F3.

if you are STR type you can stop at A2. if you are DEX type A3 is a must.
if you are STR type taking R2-R3 is a must. if you are DEX type forget about Ranger.

Fletcher is good for both STR and DEX build.

Your title is asking if it’s you or A3 completely garbage. Given that those are the only options, it’s you.

Now on to why you think A3 is garbage. You are having a hard time leveling. Pre-100 has so many quests your will out lv the content you are doing. All of these quests are ridiculously easy too.

A3 at rank 3 is pre-100. Anything pre-100 is trivial. You can lv up to 60 in a couple of hours a day (in a few days) with just a lv 1 +0 weapon, no allocated stats, no allocated skills, no armor even with nothing but pardoner buffs.

“I’m a new player, I can’t afford pardoner buffs to quest easier”

Yeah, you can. Spend nothing on anything but buffs.

• no new gear
  • no attributes
    You can make 1k every 2 hours ([sacrament] lasts that long) for buffs
1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Funny that you said Full Draw doesn’t work on PvP. Cause often when i Duel w/ melee characters they are rooted into the ground, when I use Full Draw, where i will use a Magic Arrow to give them hell.

Yes you are right, that it doesn’t work sometimes on PvP. It’s what you called being “resisted” like other CCs. Sometimes there’s a reason why things doesn’t work the way it should but that doesn’t mean it’s always “bugged”

The only “bug” that i encountered w/ Full Draw at PvP is when i ON the Full Draw attribute Maxed and my target bounces back in place instead of being pushed back miles away.

Edit:

That’s for Friendly Duel only though. Can’t speak for Team Battle League cause I haven’t done that yet.

The secret to actually not having a garbage time leveling A3 is to actually get about Lv40 in Oblique Shot.

I did it on a new character with zero investment or money sent over and got to 177 in something like 7 days casually.

And regarding Twin Arrows: It is an integral skill in the A3S3 rotation for bosses. Many scouts here will attest to the fact that we can and will pull aggro on bosses with just the Flare Shot -> Twin Arrows -> Multishot rotation.

It looks horrible at low level because it has low skill damage but it has a fairly decent damage modifier and will do very good sustained damage later on.