Tree of Savior Forum

Is Full CON really the best build for a Wizard?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

LMAO he went quiet after that post.You drop the mic on him hahaha.

1 Like

No, full con is nowhere near the best build for wizards in general.

It’s good for wizards they provide nothing aside from CC.

If you want to deal damage, it’s a terrible idea. Animus gives you magic amp for hp recov gained from CON. That’s a nice addition to your damage, but magic amp < magic atk.

5 Likes

So how much CON would you recommend me? I’m 165 with 288 INT and 70 CON atm.

600Matk from base int alone prolly difficult to get without going pureINT.
but it not that difficult to get 400-500 Matk stat and still get around 80-100 point in CON.

I don’t know what the norm for WIZ HP in ET.
but here a vid from ET1-10 KTos, the Ele3 guy has only 9K HP at 280.
pretty sure that less than 50CON.

1 Like

Is 100 CON, rest INT fine?

That depends on your gear and how much you are willing to spend.

If your a CC mage, like cryo3/chrono3, int is doing you no good, and you should go full CON, same for psycho’s and thaum’s. But if your a DPS mage, then keep reading.

When it comes to purely grinding, you just need enough HP to take a few hits without dying. Most of the time you don’t get hit because you either have a peltasta or cryo3.

I suggest having around 50-75 statted CON. For all other classes I would suggest less, but because the animus exists you want to get HP recovery awakenings/hats instead of pure HP hats/awakenings like other classes would. With 50-75 statted CON, you will reach 10-13k statted HP, which can be improved with gear. That is perfectly fine for grinding.

If you want to do ET, you can eat food for 32.5% increased HP, which means you get 15-18k+ HP.

Then you awaken all your gear for HP recovery and wear hat for HP recovery, because that’s a ton more HP recovery than if you had just gone full CON.

Now you can safely do ET, and still bring in the DPS required. Even with this, and having that much int, you need level 90 attributes to provide enough DPS, a full CON wizard with animus would sadly not bring enough DPS to be worthwhile to the team.

Here’s some math:

Full CON (no gear except animus) = 228 Magic Amp.

How does magic amp fit into your damage formula?

(Base Magic Damage) + (0~100% Magic Amp Value)

That means you will do 294 (base magic atk with no INT) + (0%~100%)228.

That means the most damage you will ever get from just your stats is 522.

Now instead of that, let’s do 50 CON, rest INT and an Animus:

844 (base magic atk with 268 INT) + (0%~100%)87.

That means the most damage you will ever get from your stats is 931.

Almost double. But we’re not done yet. Having HP recovery awakenings/hats means more DPS for the 2nd build, and while it does also mean more DPS for the first build, the added magic amp is less overall DPS for the 1st build when compared with the 2nd build.

Not to mention at that point each bonus point for INT equates to 3, and in the future it will just keep increasing as you invest more into it.

10 Likes

Then why did you list 570 HP recovery!!! as a benefit?

Or did that NOT OCCUR TO YOUR BRAIN?

Because you said that 600 m.atk from pure INT is ‘only’ 8-9% damage increase.

Even with lv 10 Meteor, 600 m.atk from INT would be more than 8-9% you claimed.

You are the one who claims m.amp is misunderstood, I just said what I know (and is the more commonly accepted knowledge)

It’s your claim, you prove it.

Sorry I happens to not spend 24/7 stalking the forum which you seem to think is the only thing in life.

Why are you angry,moreover where did I say that stalking the forum 24/7 is the only thing in life?

I only replied once on this thread and that is consider stalking…lol…ok.

Thanks! Finally someone with a helpful, actual analysis.

thanks! at least someone more knowledgeable and known player are willing to share information rather than those that bash people who doesn’t even know the complete info on what he’s talking about. Not everyone knows how everything works, like most of us, that is why we go to forums to seek advice from experienced players

1 Like

Thank you. That’s very detailed and easy to understand. I had doubts going Full CON as well, as Animus only adds some magic amp, but without magic atk it’s not gonna be that good.

If some1 says Full INT only gives a little bit of dmg… I say BS… My Ele isn’t Full INT its like 50ish Con and rest INT and comparing to other Ele I met from missions with huge amount of HP… My dmg are way more than them… almost double… also… I never get 1 shotted with my only 8k HP…

due to all respeck sir ur teory have a hole
last time i buying hp recovery gear and use cleric skill with +hp recovery
it s not modify my magic amplication status
after that i trade my animus to maxpeta instead
that is 1 week ago i think
for god damn animus only change 40% of ur basic hp recovery not gear and nor skill can affected it

Gear does indeed affect it. What I’m talking about is not a theory, but facts.

What you may not be aware of is that the animus has a snap shot effect.

What does this mean?

When you wear it, it gives you magic amp according to the hp recovery you have at the moment. That means getting any hp recovery buff or wearing gear after the animus should not affect it. Alternatively it also means you can switch out of your hp recovery gear once you wear the animus, but this stays only till a loading screen occurs.

I suggest you get your animus back.

3 Likes

Im level 82 as of now (wiz3/ele1)

my INT is 100+ and CON is 40+.

maybe i should go 1:1? (INT:CON) for PVE (ET) and some PVP?

and i have no money to spend with those overpriced gears.