Tree of Savior Forum

Is Archer 2 really that necessary?

So many builds I see recommend going Archer 2 for crit attribute and Lv 10 multishot + atrribute. IMO, you either go for 3 or leave it at 1 otherwise I don’t think it’s worth it.

For example, the classic QS3 SR2 build usually takes archer 2 in between. I feel like Wugu1 would add more to my DPS than archer 2.

Thanks

Point under Myth #3

Had to edit cause I got thngs mixed up.

Depends on your higher rank picks and stat build.

Going Rogue? Don’t.

High dex? Do.

The thing with the Swift step’s crit attribute is it scales well as you would always get 1 crit rate out of every 4 you have from stat and equips.

Lv.10 multishot’s use is situational and will depend on your skill rotation (eg. you have better skills in a 100% rotation, no room for m.shot). It can be interrupted while charging.

well i have similar question i went archer>QS3>rogue i want to go falconer for aoe and later cannoner.

should i reroll for only kneeling hit? vendetta is really bad with rougue c1 what a big mistake >.<.

SR2’s don’t really world boss unless they have some kind of insane party setup.

A2 is free crit rate without having to worry about anything else. Think about it this way, it lowers your need to hit the crit cap to only 80% (534 at 280) before buffs as opposed to 100%(667 at 280). It’s a universal boost to damage, where’as wugu poison relies on certain things for it to be optimal.

Rogue’s sneak hit may give a huge increase to crit chance but I found the positioning to be really finicky. It’s almost impossible to reliably proc sneak hit with retreat shot just because of the nature of that skill.

2 Likes

I take it this is a PVE build?

Rogue has more of a PVP utility than PVE in my opinion (especially when paired with Scout). In some PVE situations, maybe e.g. someone else is facetanking boss so you can crit forever from behind.

If Kneeling Shot is your only reason for rerolling, don’t. While it’s good early on and in mission/dungeon runs, in the field (WB/grind parties) and PVP scenarios it’s nearly useless and it gets more useless as you approach end-game.

A good reason to reroll might be that you find Rogue’s Sneak Hit very situational in use (maybe it doesn’t suit your playstyle) and that Swift step’s crit attribute would be better. Multishot lv.10 will also provide some semi-AOE (w/ +AOE attack ratio items) w/ Circling and will fit well in your skill rotation w/ cannon skills (presuming you’ll be using Running Shot as downtime filler).

2 Likes

thanks i won’t reroll, i really like this playstyle, i can move while i crit, i just wait when a mob is about to attack me and i go behind him really fast with running shot, 70% critical rate is alot and i am almost full Str, i think falconer will fix my aoe problem with cannoner.

Forewarning: Cannon/musket skills will require a good amount of DEX or crit rate to deal optimal damage.

But maybe that wouldn’t be a problem for you anymore since you seemed accustomed already to proper positioning. Full STR w/ that crit rate surely hits like truck.

2 Likes

what does rogue1 bring to a QS, seems kind of empty, if keeping to rogue1, is only for rangers for the feint-barrage combo

1 Like

Just Sneak Hit and Capture but what else to pick as a single circle on QS besides A2?

for the QS line, maybe scout1, or just go ahead and get the a2

rogue sneak hit and feint works for ranger, because they just spam all their barrage for 30-40k per heat stock and skills all at once, what does QS do after you feint something. one rapid fire or something?

1 Like

You’ll get Sneak hit going with Running Shot which means your strength investment will see a lot of benefit. Since Feint can reveal the back for you.
Potential Bleeding on Deploy Pavise would allow Massive Bleeding from Backstab to activate.

In Korean inven forums for ToS people are talking as if cycle 8 is coming very soon. I hope SR3 is godly as I’m going A1/QS3/A2/SR2 even though they indirectly nerfed this build recently. I’m just gonna go for this badass cowboy build anyway.

I’m doing
2 Strength : 1 Dexterity
and a few points in con.
What do you guys think about that? I actually wanted to go 1 Str : 2 Dex ratio because you also get evasion from dex but then I figured out about the 10% bonus when you go up classes and it seemed like you will get tons of free Str points later on. For A2 Swift Step attribute and Leather Armor attribute, wouldn’t you benefit a lot more with high dex?

Pretty much a standard and safe SR build. It should be OK.

As for stats, I think it’s more of a personal preference e.g. how much time/money (not RMT, but in case you decide to sell tokens for faster silver) you want to invest in getting good gear.

Higher DEX will cost you lower than higher STR in terms of achieving optimal DPS for your build and survivality due to not needing a lot of critrate bonuses from equips as well as having naturally high evasion especially when you pick A2 early on.

You also get bonus evasion and HP when mounted on pet.

No idea why 's a don’t with rogue
Swift step attribute also increased stat base from gem on equipments
so even you do an no DEX build with rogue but adding your slots with crit rate gems and swift step it still increased an very good amount

also if it up to rogue c3 it will be an pvp build and archer c3 is specially good for that
lv 7 full draw
lv 10 heavy shot
lv 5 twin arrow

those skill are very good in pvp as an archer

I just suggested “don’t” if it was BETWEEN picking Rogue1 for Sneak Hit or Archer2 for S.Step’s crit attribute in terms of boosting crit rate as having both would be redundant unless he intend to go for Archer3.

So which one is the best archer c2 or rogue c1.

Put it like this:

Are you AA and Crit based somehow? Because, if yes, you would benefit a lot from QS3+A2 combo.

If you intend on going skill spam build, like fletcher, or rogue + SR or something like that, don’t even bother going A2. I’d rather be a1, r3, f3 or a1, r3, wugu 3. Or maybe Ranger 3, sr2 and fill the gap with scout?

haha im out of this place
i made a1 QS3 FL3
Fun to play and deals ton of damages.

still we are only few…

this might get your attention

I found some Qs3 FL3 in some of my merc and dungeon run and just wondering how you optimize your skill damage particularly what’s your skill rotation but overall I find the build amusing almost same like a3 qs3 musk…