Tree of Savior Forum

Is AFK Farming with necro pets currently acceptable?

Just post my recent ticket replies about afk sorcerer recently if you’re interested, these replies don’t refer to necro “summons” (summons and pet are different in this game) but at least represent official statement about related cases:

EDIT:
my ticket reply about this topic and some question:

3 Likes

The thing is there isn’t any quest related thing in the afk area in bee farm. Not sure why people are angry. You can always try to make one yourself then afk too.

1 Like

In my opinion, OP should send a ticket to confirm the official answer instead of posting the question at forums cuz only publisher IMC can decide if you get banned.

For example, publisher at my local server just simply bans you while you don’t respond to GM in game and are hunting mob at the same time (e.g., afk sorcerer/pet/z-key) .

1 Like

20202020202000 charsssssssss

1 Like

That is such a weak argument and I’m tired of seeing it.

The average age of the player base of ToS is in the 20’s.I’m sure a majority of us work.

I work a typical Monday to Friday,9 to 5 job.And you know what? I make time to play.There’s plenty of time after work and on the weekend to legitimately play if I feel like it.If you’re drowning in tasks to the point that you don’t have time to even legitimately grind for a short bit,then you need to log off and take care of that stuff instead.ToS will be there when you get back,it’s not going anywhere.

If that’s your idea of a teenager then I’d rather this game be full of teenagers playing legitimately and not ruining it for others.At least they’d have the time to,since adults apparently have none whatsoever.

4 Likes

2020202020202020 charssssss

1 Like

I can tell you I´m no teenager and I do work. If you work 9 hours a day and sleep 8 hours this is: 24 - 9 - 8 = 7 Hours a day and that´s without weekends and Holidays and all the other free days.
If you don´t want to grind you are playing the wrong game mate. Whats the point in letting a game play itself… but arguing is of no use. People like you will never understand this.

1 Like

The rules are quite clear. As long as you are not using any sort of macro or script, your actions are legit.

This is incorrect. It is perfectly fine and acceptable.

Myself and many others have submitted such tickets, and the response is always “it is allowed”.

1 Like

Yes its allowed and yes, its very dumb.

3 Likes

Im making a sorc necro alt account for afk purposes and Im just gonna leave it off in non-disruptive areas with a public party so people can just join and afk leech.

Ill be setting the party looting to individual so people can just kill stuff that my minions cant reach while steel leeching exp of my kills.

There are 2 spots in dina bees outside the the place where people usually party farm you can afk and there is also the south island of demon prison where people would prolly appreciate it if there were 4 necros on each of that islands spawn areas so people dont have to clear it when farming demon prison.

1 Like

2020202020 charssssss

2 Likes

This doesnt make sense… Afk farm is allowed but bots no?

Look at this SS. Both characters:

• Nearly same level
  • Same build
  • Nearly same gear
  • Both names have 6 letters

Sorry IMC, but your decisions are really questionable.

1 Like

@exsmigol

I have seen that on multiple occassions. I can’t hunt near them because they attack and kill my monsters.

This person can play two accounts while AFK and not get banned.

However, if I run two accounts where I actively play a tank with a semi-active buffer I could get banned?

That’s not logical at all.

1 Like

On my server, people dont even join leveling groups on dina bee anymore. Nobody wants to compete against overlvl afk grinders.

I think i’ll create a oracle for fun.

playing 2 accts is bannable by IMC?

No, but playing 2 where one is botting, the botting one is bannable. Having 1 hang oit in Dina Bee farm as a necro is like making a shop and hanging it out in a major city, it part of the game mechanic.

If afk in dina bee should be ban, so should everyone who make a shop and go afk.

Should those of us who necro farm also be taxed 50% of our income?
:thinking:

Sure, if IMC allow Necros to have a infinity up time on their pets (no time limit) and also allow them to log on to another alt and still have the afk necro still there getting silver. Im sure all Nercos will give up 50% of their profit for the ability to not have to resummon their pets and jump on another toon.

Unless they have changed it since the conception of this thread (I haven’t done any necro farming for about 5 months) the pets are infinite without a time limit. Or well, the one that was most widely used is - Create Shoggoth. Virtual machines allow for a theoretical infinite amount of alts with 100% uptime while playing a main character on a separate account as well. Bring on the 50% tax my dudes!