Tree of Savior Forum

Introduce Yourself Thread

Hi,

Like @Erokhi, I come from Indonesia. RO was my first MMO, then I quit around the era of Rebirth and move to Seal, Lineage II, WoW, Eden Eternal, some amount of time on Aura Kingdom, and lastly Smite. Quit all of those at the moment because of Thesis back in the day, haven’t stayed in any particular game since then, mostly moving from one mobile game to another, since my laptop also need to get repaired.

I work as both Lecturer and Café Manager. That’s why my nick is part Lector which also means lecturer, while Naja is my girlfriend’s nick name, actually it pronounced Naya, changed it into Naja to give it a manly vibe sort of thing (hope it works).

Really hope that Indonesian player could play ToS from Steam along with the rest of you guys.

Hey everyone,

I’m Sourpuss, or on reddit I go by the username hotelforcorndogs. I’ve been playing MMOs for several years now, starting with runescape and RO, quickly becoming one with the grind. I played a lot of FFXI for a time, then drifted around from game to game until now. Currently I’m a tutor and research assistant who is spending most of their time - not as much as they should be - studying for the GREs.

I’m fairly hardcore when it comes to grindy games, however, once I reach max level with a couple of my favorite classes I like to balance out and relax. I strive to bring the ToS community as much information as possible, as well as keep myself informed about the game. I have a list of notes I’ll probably release when the beta is announced, in order to keep the community aware of some mechanics that have yet to be covered.

I can’t wait to see you all in-game, as well as continuing our communication here!

Tetzer here, been playin mmos and just games in general since I was knee high to a grasshopper, love pretty much all genre of games and willing to try damn near anything out. Anime enthusiast when I can find the time away from work and games. Currently in the process of moving to a new place and excited to finally get to play ToS here soon (Hopefully).

Oh, hey there Tetzer!
Good to see folks from TOSGame forums are starting to join the official forums.

Wuzzuup Erooooo, I actually managed to post a bit yesterday, but got overly excited and ended up using all my posts for the day in the first hour ;.;.

lol the same thing also happened to me. But no worries, we can write more than 10 posts after 24 hours. This is probably meant to prevent spammers in forums.

1 Like

Haha they will regret the day they give me unlimited posting power.

Hello Toasted Saviors :black_joker:

I’m from Austria, professional programmer, soon again father (hopefully I still find enough time to play it much, when its out :P) and also have been ToS on my watchlist for several years since I saw the picture on MMHOT around 2011 or so. I like ToS because of the art style, it reminds me to RO and Disgaea, they had the same “2D characters and 3D background” style. ToS is actually on a different level, they went full 3D, but force the view of the character to 2D, which gives also a nice atmosphere.

I played RO since 2nd Jobs went online and really loved it, it also was my first mmorpg. I was on euRO and later on iRO. I also got some spin off games like RO Offline, RO DS games or on the mobile phone, which was also quite interesting to play. In the end I was really excited for RO2, but after they changed it (as I could not play the first version) it didn’t have the same feeling as I had with RO.

Around last year I found out of the ToS subreddit and waited for every leak and news and now I am here and can’t wait to test it, to help to make it a even better game, than it already look like.

What I wish from ToS, to be a game which gives me the same feeling as RO and to be the same amusing, the same great community feeling, the non stop exploration with the world, but also with your character jobs making crazy character builds and also going to level with friends with completely weird character builds.

Hi my name’s steven and I wonder if I’m the only person to use their real name on here. :cold_sweat:

My ultimate goal is to get a character with my name…I’ll see how that turns out.

I think you are. You should change your name on your profile-preferences if you don’t want to reveal your personal information.

It’s aight. I suck at thinking of unique names to use. :snail:

@steven just go with ThisIsNotMyRealName usually it’s never taken :3 but if you don’t mind using your own name then it’s fine, I like steven tbh

Hey guys! Old RO fun from Belarus here.

I remember epic fail of Diablo 3 and now trying to keep calm about ToS, but dang… it’s so effing hard!

Even though ToS is not the game to compare with RO in terms of game mechanics, I’ve been waiting YEARS for something as bright and atmospheric to appear. I can’t wait to start this new journey and hope to meet you all one day at a fields :slight_smile:

Is Diablo 3 that bad? I never tried playing it, but it looks nice to me.

I liked diablo 3. They changed a bunch of stuff from when it was first released, but it was more or less for the better. There’s now an “endgame” type of thing they added in that’s good for multiplayer that gives you a reason to actually farm for better gear. :octopus:

Hey! :wink:

I’m Stephen and it’s a pleasure to meet everyone. I am currently taking a web design class and I will transfer to a university in a year. Some of my hobbies are listening to music (techno, trance, rock, piano, and a little bit of jazz), drawing creatures(I’m not sure why), Video games (all kinds but shooting, wrestling, sports, and car games), and watching TV (all kinds of stuff). I have recently learned about this game about four months ago and can’t wait to team up with some new friends.

And may the odds be ever in your favor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, not THAT bad but it definitely did break my expectations at initial launch =(
Still playing it time to time, thanks to continious content updates. But those updates are only thing that keeps D3 alive, imho.

Hello stephen I am your alternate spelling. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hey Steven,

I use to spell my name your way, but as I grew up I liked Stephen. You are probably my other half! I knew I forgot something.

Heyo, Sellion here. :smile_cat:

I am a long time MMO player, RPG fan, Roleplayer, and Tabletop player. I never actually played the original RO since at the time I was younger and couldn’t afford to pay to play it. I am looking forward to playing ToS to get a taste of what it was like with a community that so far seems absolutely amazing so far and reminds me of the early beta days of Mabinogi ^.^

1 Like