Tree of Savior Forum

[Intel] New Warlock Skills and Attributes

Yeah lemme just whip up 3 hats with 30 dark damage ea, get a friendly neighbourhood sorcerer for that sick 50 from cat buff for a grand total of 140. Then lemme kill a mob, stand where it died, pray another mob doesnt walk in and blows up that invocation spirit in the process, so i can get +70 dark damage. seemsgood

it’s free damage per tick… i won’t really say it’s garbage . If it is you can call venom/arde all this the same as garbage as well. -_-…

If you have it at level 8/9 it’s perma up time O_o… is it really that bad? Since your primary role is not bossing but mobbing or AOE CONTROL. i woulda say.

You realize you need to stand on top of a Invocation-generated spirit for that attribute to kick in right? And it even takes yet another row 1 buff slot. You’ll basically see 2 invocation icons: 1 with a duration (your invocation buff), 1 with no duration (the attribute, it’ll remain only as long as you’re standing on top of that spirit).

invocation is a must lv8 imo. and yes any wizard dps = mobbing or AOE control. let other classes do the bossing.

buff slots should never be a issue… unless you are telling me you are unable to afford dainos…

This is the same case as comparing situation. It’s extremely useful at mobbing but it’s utter useless at bossing. So why not make the best out of it.

Unless you are telling me you are gonna throw it on POA that has shieety AOE and is only one a singular point and needs peeps to literally WALK PASS it.

i rather save it with level 1 POA + POA scroll + invocation for mobbing verus 0 invocation and max poa. Once you get the initial invocation rolling it’s delicious.

1 Like

True, but i think something people are forgetting here is the magic defense doesn’t really go away just because you have more magic attack. If you have 3k magic attack you won’t hit a 2.5k magic defense mob for 1 damage anymore, but you’ll still have your entire damage calculated on a 500 damage base. 500 * 1.5 from quickcast * 2 from attribute = 1500 ticks.

this is pretty much it. do not forget how warlocks are the best in making money when you have invocation.

Hey, i have maxed invocation myself. Still doesn’t change the fact you’re defending a utterly garbage attribute for it, the fact that it has no damage attribute of its own, or that not having invocation at all in favor of more points in pole of agony is perfectly fine.

I am not defending it i am saying it have it’s uses.

That’s about it.
Unless you don’t want to make use of it.

Since you had/ideally better than maxing POA or already added to it.
Why not make the best of out compared to totally abandon it lol. That’s my point.

I agree with you on this regarding the damage base issue but IMC differs as they want you to play numbers with +25 rods + 200% transcend and up

Yeah better make a necro and go at dina
Even better in a few patches when we can equip our pets with gear we all gon afk farm YO.

I am not saying that invoc is bad, it’s just situational. Yes it’s good for the leveling progress, but that should never be your goal, the goal is end game.
When i hit lvl 280 on rank 7 what was left to do ?
Saalus well it’s mainly boss
Rush dongeon its mainly boss
Field boss well… it’s a boss
And ET wish is mob and boss

Fact is 90% of the time invoc was useless, and i honnestly believe that when we will hit 330 it will be that same exact stuff. But i might be wrong eh.

it might be it might not be. There doesn’t seem any thing better to add now… sooooooo lol…

Hopefully C3 will get better. Worse case it will just be a ET bot

I know, it definitely does have its uses - i have it maxed and i advocate for it. I’m not arguing Invocation itself is bad, just that the so called 30% damage attribute is actually a joke, and that it’s still missing a damaging attribute (honestly Invocation should just take your Theurge’s values as far as base damage and attributes go).

Yeah meanwhile physical defense on mobs is dramatically lower, and physical skills generally only go through pdef 1~4 times while magic gets reduced 30+ times. :thinking: So while we’re getting a good weapon just to be able to hit ■■■■, everyone else is getting a good weapon to obliterate ■■■■.

1 Like

because of invocation i had the extra dps to do 6f/12f/16f in ET without a SR.

also you make like 700-800k in 10 hours afking at dina bee while you can easily make that in 1.5 hours with warlock.

video for your reference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Life sucks as a wizard :cry:

Amen to that brother

from absolute god to absolute trash :thinking:

1 Like

rly fkin does :pensive:

It’s so funny when you think about it though that we say “life sucks as a wizard” “from absolute god to absolute trash” when in reality wizard only ever had 1 good dps path? If you weren’t wiz3ele3wl you were honestly trash as far as pve dps goes, and now even that is pretty bad :sleeping:

I think they wanted to change the meta i mean in KTOS elememe was really dominant like no match.
So they made physical way stronger, but that was not enough so they made magical a lot weaker and VOILA.
I think they just did not do enough game design test and balancing.