Tree of Savior Forum

[Intel] New Warlock Skills and Attributes

actually, what is the point for invocation? i feel this skill useless

it is probably the best skill for warlock lol. so much extra dps when clearing packs and extremely useful when it comes to farming.

Invocation is a great skill, but it’s really situational.
I played a lot with my elelock and i realised that invacation was just not worth.
I guess maybe it’s a must have for ET, but for the rest atm welp… no
My build is gonna be
DT-10
Mastela-10
POA-9
Sacrifice

All of my skills are usefull in all given time. The only questionnable choice is DP-9 you could switch it for invoc 8. But well DP is actully really good for boss.

whats the point of getting dark sac when you are going 0 invocation?

Because some time you just dont want or cant go melee with your DT (low hp aoe safety zone etc)

what’s DP?
anyway invocation lv8 above is good for grind too I think, the CD is enough to keep us stay invocation, unlike lv5 that we still need to wait 15s CD to recast again, I think it isn’t that situational now

Sorry POA (i had Dark Pole in mind for some reasons)
My main probleme with invoc is that it’s unusable agains boss.
Plus look at it the skill only proc on death so chances are either the left over mobs are already low health so well you dont need to invest 8 point into a finisher skill, OR there will be a second wave that so happens to be at the exact same place. So yeah uphill defence, defend the torch in mission… And maybe ET.

If you are a elewl you are not in charged of dpsing the boss anyways. Clearing a pack of mobs should be your forte and Invocation will boost your damage by a lot.

Still, no reason for invocation lv10… because even if the evil spirits can dmg more times, the dmg won’t be that high since theres no atribute to increases ur dmg 100% like mastema …

invocation does boost dark damage when there is left over ghost around. This is a god bless on a crowd control aoe that does wonders. ( basically stack them at a area and let it do it’s work).

You can just get POA scrolls and leave POA at level 1. POA is kinda sad
It’s more worth it at being level 1 with attributes than 10 though… The cd is meh imo for POA…

most players are facing issues are due to EXTREMELY high magic defense of the new mobs…

Try having a 10-15 transc+100% rod and up (they really want WL2 to spurge hell alot on weapons or go home…)

Attributes are secondary. Whats the point of attributes when you can’t hit the magic damage thresh hold to even deal damage…

This is the case that is actually happening on all low damage spells… so yea… Optimally they are expecting you to hit 2.5k magic attack and up. If anyone is reading the trend. Sadly this is the case. Yes heart of glory and new purple rods i am looking at you right now.

Mastema just happen to have the highest base magic power on skill at level 10 : 3279

3279 + 2.5k magic = 5779. Unless mobs have 5k magic defense… it’s a wonder skill.

on the discussion of the relevance of Invocation, IMHO, its only really “useful” for Uphill Defense and 1F (and 6F and other similarly-Missioned floors) of ET. where there will be a constant wave of mobs and every bit of DPS counts. at the current state of R8 content, Invocation will not help as much as the new Mastema.

You’d still be boosting a very low base damage.

Base damage has always been low, and that has worked more or less thus far. But the problem now is 2-fold:

• Every new mob has twice or more mdef than they do pdef. This is not an exaggeration (https://tos.neet.tv/zones) you can scroll down to Khonot Forest, the first new map, and click every single map after that and every single mob within them - this is true for every single one.

There are also at least 2 (or 3?) skills on the swordsman tree alone that completely nullify physical defense, a -75% one on the archer tree, and of course, arrows have a stacking debuff upon hitting for -10% defense (up to 5 stacks). Magic has uh… Hexing? For a full spr bokor3 to debuff 200~ mdef at most. Paladin3’s Resist Elements, which debuffs 100 mdef on cast, every 180 seconds.

• Magic has no multiplier of its own (aside from quick cast if you’re a wiz3, which’s merely the equivalent to being able to crit). The only multiplier to speak of is the number of hits that’s usually tackled into skills (and also why magic skills that do 1 or very few hits are trash) but the problem with that is magic defense applies to every single hit.

So compared to physical skills with low hit count but high base damage and more importantly, several different multipliers (both from selfbuffs and debuffs on enemies), defense is ridiculously more harmful to magic as we have it in the game currently.

1 Like

it does help in grinding as well like in timemys temple? ( 292 grind map ) but yea it is solely for clearing mobs and because wiz dps = good in clearing mobs invocation is definitely needed.

my plan for skill points distributions will be 1 pole, 8 invocation, 10 dt, 10 mastema (need testing first) then 1 dark sac. until they fix drain and ghastly trail there is absolutely no point in adding points to them.

The damage boost of invoc is a lie.
There is a post about it. But it does not increase your damage as a %. I think it increase it by a flat 30-80 damage… It’s less then arde dagger.

well the description does say Increases the Dark property attack by 5% per attribute level

Basically they are asking you stack Dark property attack with invocation.

So i highly doubt it’s a lie.

Invocation’s attribute is either ■■■■ or bugged, because it only boosts your dark property damage (the kind you can get from gear, and sorcerer’s cat), not your dark spells damage - so it’s largely useless in that regard.

Also last i checked Mastema only applies half of its base damage to the DoT, i.e. only the initial hit gets that 3279.

Yup i am aware of that on the DOT being half still a extremely high damage base. As compared to FC.

FC is only at like 643? / 723 on level 6.

^ this is the killer 723 vs 1639. Thus disabling your damage if mobs have higher than 2.5k magic defense thresh hold.

1639 + a 1k rod will just let you bypass 2.5k magic defense easily…

I am too lazy to find the post, but it’s not working as a %
If you dont trust me go ahead and test it, if it was really 30% increase you would EASY see it.
Test it realise i was right and cry over the fact that it was a lie like most of us

It’s working as intended for Property damage from gear.

Also it’s only 15% increase. Just not to skills since they don’t factor to skill . Which translate why your damage boost is only that little.

yeah so it’s ■■■■ lol 30-80 flat damage is garbage.