Tree of Savior Forum

INT Stat Need Boost

For now INT is kind of underwhelming - most spells dont scale with INT and attribute itself add so small ammount of matt. - that its almost a joke. Are they working on it? They could add m crit rate or just better scale spells.

1 Like

while I would love to have more damage – The path of full int mage didn’t disappoint me.

full int?
like less than 6k hp past lv220, you sure thats a good idea? o___0

Whether it’s a good or bad idea is Irrelevant, full int mage is the only path.

Haha I was like that until pple said a dead dps is a useless dps xD

yes, a dead dps is a useless dps. However, a dead monster is a useless monster. In short for the sake of increasing the game difficulty for myself I shall dodge everything with random spells such as teleport and swap while switching to meteor to KO my enemies! (that aside, I usually survive most magic attacks physical attacks are a pain in the ass tho)

Wait, mages has bad damage? Why does mages need even more damage, when they already do good damage? i guess some classes needs a tune up, but a general buff to int stat might get OP. A good example would be Meteor.

Edit: Infact Wiz3 makes any spell scale up 50% thanks to quick cast., now if int was to be buffed…

You’d nerf Quick cast and Meteor accordingly 8D

Mages work well off of base damage, hence why Full con is a popular mage build. The damage you lose is trivial to the health you gain in a game that lacks dps checks.
INT itself does the least of all stats.
While Str increases phys damage (the same as Int increases Magical damage) it also increases the weight you can hold, crit attack and even block for Highlanders Cross Guard.

Int is binary but since mages don’t have to worry about Block penetration, crit resist, crit rate or accuracy, it works out.

I am assuming he’s not even a mage hence the “some spells doesn’t work with int”

1 Like

Thats why it would be crazy to buff damage through int atm. If int was to be buffed, some classes would need to get their base damages reduced.

Maybe Kino is an exception with its tele skills, pyro,ele warlock etc still have to menage. If we compare Int (where it only add small portion to matt) to Con (where it gives you decent ammount of hp, weight limit, critical res, hp recovery) or to Str (which gives u patt, weight limit, crit att,) or SPR (which gives you Sp, Sp recovery, block penetration and magic def) or DEX (which gives you acc, crit rate and evasion) - hello, something is not right in this picture ;/

[quote=“Ginbei, post:7, topic:193433”]
Wait, mages has bad damage? Why does mages need even more damage, when they already do good damage?
[/quote] - i havent said mages has bad dmg - i said that int doesnt contribute to dmg that much - esp late game.

[quote=“Anarth, post:8, topic:193433, full:true”]
You’d nerf Quick cast and Meteor accordingly 8D
[/quote] ^ as he said

Thats why they should divide p crit and m crit eg, and link mcrit to int or at least mdef.

Well, i do think something has to be done about int though, i wont deny that.
ToS is the first game where mages are better off going full con(not in all cases)

But i dont know if it would be smarter to wait for all “80 classes” to be released first, who knows what we will be able to do in the later ranks.

While pve might need some tune up for mages, we can’t forget the pvp, magic can’t miss, and can’t be blocked, and mdef is currently trash, the only “effective defense” is a high HP pool.

I havent done the math what rank we will be when all “80classes” are out, but if its rank 10, that would be 100% bonus int, int will still scale up for endgame, if our cap really will be 600 someday.

Edit: I don’t want to say it’s easy, but granted ToS gets that far, getting 1k+ int will be easy.

But bonuses works for all stats - not only int - so whats your point there?

Stat bonuses work for all but rank bonuses are STR and INT only.

Str and int, not all stats*

I’m just telling you to wait and see what future classes will be able to do.
Let’s say they buffed int to give “2matk” instead of “1matk”, 1000 int x2, thats 2000matk, now lets insert Fireball lvl 5 here. thats 10725 flat damage, instead of 5725.

Did you just say add magic crit? or did i misunderstand that?

Edit: one thing i guess i could think about is if Spirit stat gave Magic Block, and Int gave Mdef, i guess.

1 Like

Ehh - I said that they should nerf base skill dmg and add better formula for int - so the dmg wouldnt be op.

oh, guess ive misunderstood you completely then, my bad.

seems like int should should decrease cool downs, not much though i’d say 5% every 100int would be fine.

I think a full stat revamp is needed not an INT boost… Magic can’t be blocked or evaded… so boosting just INT wouldn’t be a good idea because it is already good as it is with the current stat system… I just hate the stat system as a whole in general but that’s another story…