Tree of Savior Forum

INT scales a lot if the game ever reaches rank 10 - level 600

1. How the breakthrough on bonus points work.

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/Stats#Main_Stats

To reach the 500 points invested in INT or any stats

• CON

current: 132

invested: 105

• CON

1st possible formula

3 + 42 + 8 = 53

63 + 15 = 78

131 = OK

2nd possible formula

3 + 40 + 8 = 51

65 + 16 = 81

132 = OK

• INT

current: 363

invested: 174

• INT

1st possible formula

8 + 42 + 8 = 58

80 + 20 = 100

52 + 17 = 69

224 * 1,6 = 363,2 = OK

2nd possible formula

8 + 35 + 7 = 50

80 + 20 = 100

59 + 19 = 78

228 * 1,6 = 364,8 = OK maybe?

The one (1st) which doesn’t consider base stats as invested points feels more precise on INT, but it doesn’t really change a lot.

max points = 690, level = 600 (probably around 690 + points with bonus points)

8 + 42 + 8 = 58

80 + 20 = 100

113 + 37 = 150

134+67 = 201

Invested: 369

INT: 509 (total with no ranks)

690 - 369 = 321 (after 500 points breakthrough)

321 + 321 = 642

Invested: 690

INT: 1199

Rank 10, 1,9x

INT = 2278

Yes, at level 600 full int dudes will have around this much INT.

Yes, because balance sux, right?
If SPR was that good, why do you think most of the community is avoiding that stat entirely?

3 Likes

I don’t understand what’s wrong with INT. If Wiz could crit, it would give crit, but the tradoff is 100% hit chance, so it doesn’t need crits, just raw power. Once we get to higher levels and have tons of stat points, the payout for investing into int is going to scale pretty well, and I’m certain raw numbers on spells will continue to be high.

This kind of buff would only make sense if they got rid of the +10% /rank bonus that INT save STR get (or made it apply to all other stats). Which, tbh, I would be in favor of to promote stat diversity.

Well what its really miss is non-linear scaling. Imo its pretty stupid to have full-CON wizards, but in current reality full-CON gives not much less damage, but much more surviveability.

SPR is underrated because most builds don’t have skills that synergize with it, but it is godlike for certain cleric builds that focus on support. Anywho, I don’t see a problem with INT since magic classes don’t need to split points between STR and DEX like melee does.

2 Likes

Honestly tho, if any stat were to increase your chance of landing debuffs it should be SPR, since most debuffs scale with SPR.

It doesn’t have to be as effective as SPR’s reduction.

All I’m saying is STR doens’t affect only attack, so it would be nice to have some 5% more proc chance for every 50 or 100 INT or something like that.

I dont think INT should increase chances of debuffs, it should be SPR, imo.

Yes, SPR going both ways for resistance and extra chance to procc. Would make that stat more meaningful for wizards.

If anything, I could see INT giving +3 SP per rank along with @satoru 's suggestion.

This would enable casters to invest points into SPR without hating themselves, and for those who go heavy INT, get a bit more SP to play with.

I think the bigger issue is that there’s a lack of SPR scaling skills (for wizards especially). As far as I know, it’s just reflective shield and summons, when a bunch of the more supportive classes (chrono, thaum) could easily have SPR scaling skills.

1 Like

I think each int should give 1 matk and 1 mamp, basically 1.5 damage. Since with attributes and no crit magic falls of lategame.

This is just flat out not true? Magic is the ranged AoE burst that everyone still wants late game.

well the lategame I am talking about is not achieved yet. As people get skill damage attributes %80+ magic damage will fall because:
lets say you deal 1 damage with your atk

physical can crit
1 damage -> 1.8 damage with atributes
1.5crit -> 2.7 damage with atributes

magic will sit at 1.8 plus magic has no modifiers while physical has +%100 pierce damage, +%100 strike damage and many more debuffs as modifiers.

except physical attacks will probably require most of your stats in dex to crit at those higher levels.

You don’t really need to invest much into int if you don’t plan on being a damage/multihit wiz, so I don’t see what stat diversity you’re asking for.

??? There’s no diminishing returns on CC atm and there’s very very few people investing with decent amount of SPR. What are you even talking about? It also kills certain wizard classes that have their own unique CC. Cancer post.

A % scaling buff will always be good because it will scale with you’re current damage.

the thing most people arent seeing here, is that phys dmg users need dex and str in order to actually land hits and boost their dmg.
And then they are counterd by high blockrates from con-builds (which would need spr to counter) and high evasion from dex builds (which counter str builds). Its some weird rock-paper-scissor situation.

Int is self-sufficiant. It always hits, and doesn’t need a secondary stat to boost its dmg. Dmg is boosted by putting more stats into it, which results in more int bonus and higher scaling. AND the only stat that counters int is the stat everyone is avoiding: SPR. I don’t think it gets better than that.

So you dont need to split your stats in 3, you’re fine with allocating your points just in 1 or 2 stats. That results in much higher int values, which explains the lower dmg numbers per point spent.

rant edit:
Adding an additional cc% on top of that… wow… that would make builds like Cryo completely broken. Why would I spend ANY stat in anything else than INT with that kind of change?
Mage 1 vs 1: whoever lands the first cc wins the fight x)

4 Likes

actually i got high SPR on my wizard. i can say at lvl 175 now, I can grind and questing without need to rest at all. 90SPR and 240+ INT right now, and some CON. now hp only 8.9k. using plate armors