Tree of Savior Forum

Increase the Buff Cap by a reasonable amount

Honestly on my priest/paladin i had no issues. When no krivis was around the classes all would rather have my buffs then theirs. The only complaint i ever got was from one archer losing swift step once in a while ( but i just told him to save swift step for right before he multishot spams & that worked for him) the rest preferred what i could offer them over their own skills.

Oh I had a similar experience too when playing support. Timing Revive for boss fights, placing safety zone at the right time and trying to make sure everyone had sacrament especially the swordies since they were always the first to erase their buffs.

I like the idea of having to ā€˜timeā€™ your buff at the right moment in order to make the most out of it. A lot of this debate centred on the need to coordinate with your party on what and what not to buff. I like that element of teamwork and coordination. Too bad your average pub out there has serious trouble trying to coordinate it tho

See this sounds like skill intensive play to me. Which i consider a good thing. If the average pub is worse then a good player that makes sense.

Then you probably havenā€™t partied with Thauma C2 enough. He will take 2 buff slots for 478 patk/matk bonus combined for players that use dagger in off-hand or 260 patk/matk + 225 def/mdef for players with shield. Lets add a modest 1 self-buff from any other party member and that will reduce priest to heals and occasional safety zone only.

Btw, do food buffs from squire go onto 2nd buff row?

Yes They donā€™t count to the 5.

Also everyone i know cancels thaum buffs manually because of how offensively stupid they look. Which is a shame because they are good buffs.

What a shameā€¦ that ā€œstupid lookā€ adds a ton to character emotes. They make Cry emote look like facepalm for instanceā€¦

I wonder how this would work in Raid (if it would ever be implemented in the future).

lol I like the swell arm for my monk, makes my fist moves look super funny.

See I would predict that Daino 15 scrolls will be more popular than having a Krivis in late game play, since eating up 3 ranks for a single buff would seem silly, even though Krivis has more to offer than just Daino.

Even with Daino Scrolls I would take a Krivis for Zalciai as well as their other ranks in support abilties or DPS if they go monk.

Daino Scrolls will be as essential as potions for late-game play, if the content is hard enough. If it is all easy, well then there is a different problem but the buff limit wont be as prominent of an issue.

The thing about Daino is if you raise the buff cap anymore it becomes almost useless. I only have skill level 5 Daino on my cleric>krivis c2> paladin c3. I hardly ever have teams go over 8 total buffs even all the way at 180. The main offenders for that are generally sorceror cats which take up 3 slots instead of just 1.

If this was to occur krivis would probably need to buffed in some way since basically the only good moves in the krivis tree would become Zalcai and Zaibas(Which neither of these can be great at the same time since one requires spirit while the other requires int).

I am all fine for this if Krivis gets more moves(Priest gets 9 while Krivis only get 6) or some of the weaker moves get major buffs. For instance, divine stigma becomes unresistable, and Hp recovery stat from aukuras not being borderline useless.