Amen, and it gets more annoying when it’s not the first time they’ve been told how important diev hp is either. (pretty sure wolfy did as well to boot.)
As for all the diev related changes I can remember/find for now anyway:
- Hit count changed from 3 to 1. (was even 4 briefly in ktest.)
- Lowered skill factor from 79% to 52%.
- AoE was changed from a cone-shaped flamethrower to a pbaoe gas cloud.
- HP lowered from scaling up to 150 to a fixed 50.
- Chapperition cards no longer affect owls (got changed from +%matk to +%magic dmg)
- Clap got changed from +25s to +75s.
- Ausrine now reduces owl attack cycle by 0.2s, but should be able to keep it up with clap.
- Targeted heals no longer affect owls, so atm only revive, mass heal and tree of sephiroth should heal owls.
- not sure on attack cycle itself, I suck at timing those.
- Cooldown went from 50s to 15s.
- Lost its overheat2.
- Duration went from a fixed 25s to one that scales with skill level up to 50s at lvl 15.
- There was also mention of a new aoe ratio of 15 in the patches iirc, but didn’t see any confirmation of it whatsoever yet.
summon formula is still the same allegedly, according to IMC, and since it scales with level it should remain constant enough.
As a flat number, owl dps is obviously considerably lower.
But enemies do have lower health now, so you can indeed argue that relatively speaking one would deal more % enemy health per attack now.
Though that does depend highly on what you’re fighting, as the new hp values differ a lot per size and race types now. Bosses seem far more affected than most regular mobs for one.
To be more on topic, this means that owls will still see some use.
Mostly since It’s new AoE and cd/duration make it a very solid 1 rank dmg option for almost any build which also has good utility.
But its 50 hp can very easily be an Achilles heel if you do try to combine it with Miko, as extending their duration won’t mean anything if you can’t keep them alive during it.
(but ofc that also depends on what enemies you’re fighting, as some have slow 1 hits while others spam 5 hit ranged attacks.)