Tree of Savior Forum

In case you didn't notice, IMC is compensating us with Instanced Dungeon Reset Voucher

Source: Scheduled Maintenance - April 5th, 2016 [UPDATED]

Well, just fixed your bug and we will be fine.

1 Like

The commander won’t let me use my vouchers.

7 Likes

Fk off, today I will be the white knight of IMC.

STOP YOUR COMPLAINT MAN YOU KIDDO

3 Likes

Ahem… Here don’t forget your shield. You’ll need it.

1 Like

Thanks Commander Load Fail. We will carry your mission to defend IMC’s honour!

my dungeons worked, so i dont get any of those =/

x5 vouchers! Yeah, that’s much better compensation. As long as they can get their servers in order, things will be all right.

You’ll probably get them anyway. I think they just give compensation to everyone. It would be kind of hard to pick out who legitimately had the issue and who didn’t. For example, I got the EXP Tomes for Klaipeda being down even though I’m on Orsha.

Don’t quote me on that though, I could be wrong.

Are people happy yet? IMC has acknowledged that there are issues and are working on them.

But the real question is, is the dungeon gonna be fix ? We don’t know about that.
Btw very nice maintenance, i’m happy now.

They didn’t mention anything about trade or the marketplace.

Sadly in this case.

1 Like

What I really want is bug fix such that my friend won’t quit the game.

1 Like

Is it me or it seems IMC just pampering us too much with all these compensation.

Not that I’m complaining but if could, I prefer all the bugs and error to be fixed rather than facing them all day and get compensation all day.

Still Commander load fail have not been listed in the Patch note.

GG Let wait and see

Nothing wrong with trying to please your customers.

How does Instanse Dugneon Reset Voucher Work?

You think it’s easy fixing it? You have to trace the problem first and make necessary changes whether is on the client side or the server. JSYK, they’re using Amazon server and i’m sure they want the issues to be fixed ASAP like we do. Just be a little more considerate.

We don’t care man, I’m fine with not fixing it 4 months ago because it’s free, but I paid for it this time, I’m the customer, I’m the god.

Pray to the god you pleb.

Make IMC sweat, make them bleed. :imp:
well I’m just happy that they are trying, I’m not saying that they didn’t before but having things that you can see is quite the morale booster.

Chill your tatas.

Sure issue was never easy to begin with but shouldn’t they be a little more considerate to us as well?

I’m having the same multiple issue over these 2 days and the first emergency fix did it but comes back few hours later. Second fix, did that as well but I give it a so-so, having the same issue but won’t encounter it if I change to a very specific channel. But that was like a 30 min fix on both.

What I’m getting at is they really need to take their time with the error instead of just compensating us on the same error over and over again. Take the game down for 1 hour or even a day if they have to for a maintenance, it bothers me not as long as the major bugs and errors are not there.