Tree of Savior Forum

Improvements of Teams

One thing which is noted is the lack of perks besides the team bonus exp%. The current team level bonus doesn’t encourage players to reroll more. Many players just stick to 1 character and would ask for class resets as the game have balancing changes or introduce new content.

Suggestion:

Provide more incentives for players to reroll more characters and hence be able to experiment more builds. The following is a very rough draft, increment % are to be further balanced.

Introduce atk/def bonuses based on classes within the Team.

• Swordsman: +1% to each character defence per class level within the Team
  • Archer: +1% to each character physical attack per class level within the Team
  • Cleric: +1% to each character’s magic defence per class level within the Team
  • Wizard: +1% to each character’s magic attack per class level within the Team

The team bonuses are cumulative and applies to all characters within the Team. For example if a player’s team account has

• 1x Templar class7
  • 1x Fletcher class6
  • 1x Cannoneer class7
  • 1x Cleric class5

His entire team will receive +7% def, +13% physical attack, +5% magic def.

This allows the player to plan his team out with regards to the bonuses and encourage more players to reroll (i.e to try out more builds too). Players focusing on min-maxing for example can roll 15x archer class7 characters and have each character gain +105% physical attack on all attacks. A player who wants to strike a balance in his characters or have his lineage focusing on a tanking battle wizard might want to have more wizards/swordsmen under his/her family.

This adds another dimension to the game, where the Team (player family) matters and players seeking min-maxing will enjoy the theorycrafting of Team building.

Another pro gained from this suggestion is it minimises the boring’ness of players rerolling. A number of the players (especially those vocal ones in the forum) dread rerolling and keep pushing for a class reset potion which undermines the concept in which IMC wants the players to experience, which is to create more characters. This suggestion hopes to lessen such sentiments as it gives the player more reason to roll another character other than to ‘fix/improve’ on his current build.

Caveats:

To prevent players from creating many alts to get the bonus fast, the bonus will only kick in from class 4 (level 75-80ish) onwards with a +4% bonus.

2 Likes

its not a bad idea but i think the bonus the player only get after rank 5-6 and maybe one who involve all classes the player have and get like All stats +1% per character class / 3, in the same example everyone will get like 8% with that clars or less if its only rank 6+

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Team character limit is 15 I heard?

I sure love more exp% and silver% gains. Hopefully IMC can consider that too, but then it will also mean clearing their 1-200 content faster and faster with each new character, they will need some balancing on that too.

The atk/def bonus % are due for balancing. Currently I think it is too high too if a player makes 15x class 10 archers or 15x class 10 wizards. Perhaps a cap on it will suffice, just like Team bonus level stops at 50?

One thing we need to address is the reroll problem. Players don’t want to reroll due to it being boring and being a hassle. Just increasing exp gains and silver gains are enough to motivate them, especially those are are just into min-maxing 1 character. Those said players can use their 1 character to generate enough silver to improve their one char attribute.

Without characters adding some sort of bonuses to each other, the “fail-build” characters will be considered as a waste of time. Having some bonuses will give the player the thought “hey this char can still give bonuses to my next character, so it aren’t that bad afterall”, a means to an end.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

ktos now is 30 char limit i think? hahaha

perhaps to utilise “team level” more, the team gets “team points” every class, just like a guild. then the point can be allocated to purchase additional bonuses. passive bonus like exp of course still applies

for the bonus itself… there can be like certain requirements
e,g, have 1/2/3/4 different classes at minimum rank X, have Y archers at rank Z, etc. this can “control” which kind of players imc encourages: min-maxers, trial-errorers, etc.

other idea for team bonus:

• free stat bonus for every char, stamina bonus, max carry weight, team storage, etc. like from hidden quests
  • bonus dungeon run (shared in a team, cos if all +1 will eat time like crap)
  • cosmetics, costume, acc, title, vfx (like c3 costumes), gesture
  • faster free tp generation
  • companion
  • daily team quest
  • portal to lodge from guild hangout
  • lodge renovation, furnitures, custom music, gardening space, etc.
  • moar fun ideas
  • unlock character slot (?)

to allow non-cash to enjoy the same feature (with more effort) and prevent p2w cries (less char slot = less bonus), maybe make team exp isnt hard-capped (idk current system tbh), so ppl can keep grinding to raise team level and unlock more slots

and of course +1 to moar exp% and silver% (and maybe drop%)

1 Like