Tree of Savior Forum

Imitaing staff in shout chat

meht llet did tsuj uoy 10/10 did tsuj uoy

be happy they did not instantly perm ban him for that. in some games they do.
even if for fun… pretending to be GM is always serious ■■■■. never do that.

@STAFF_Yuri just an opinion for me also I think many ppl are finding it more faustrating that GM’s are not that active in game they are found just usually rare in months not even weekly on after maintenance I just think they are lonely of the time no GM is showing up they also seek love from our GM’s <3

I suggest you to not try that If you think you could just do it cause you could have one-time courtesy. You’ll pretty much face different outcome. This user got himself lucky because - I didn’t thought I even have to explain this - he was typing a joke but nothing like fraud, or lies spreading misinformation to the people. Still, impersonating GM is considered to be serious one.

3 Likes

Pretty disappointing that these kinds of pranks get serious treatment and fast too by the way, while those bots farming/shouting 24/7 are just ignored. At least if you will ban these kinds of stuffs try to ban the real abusers also.

1 Like

Looks harmless to me as well but I just wanted to address the matter to be fixed.

Trời ơi!!

[ADVERTISEMENT]

From an ENFP pov,

I am happy to see Varena being very active and alive on both Discord and in shout.
Join us today on:
V2

don’t worry @STAFF_Yuri we live and we learn

but why do guys quick to respond on these issues but not on direct exploit evidence?
e.g Halloween event hacks :tired:

Systems like hackshields cost a lot and its not up to them to make the shots on it. Plus banning bots is like cutting off a head on a hydra.
edit: added the word “bots”.

fast reaction on pranks and silly jokes that doesn’t even harm. while actions against abusers and exploits and bots are pretty much non-existent. good job guys, u are one of the reasons why the tree is slowly burning (by taking no action at all)

Banning is good but its useless if you keep banning without follow-up from dev team right? Developers actually can prevent this by restricting player to make a team name with [GM] prefixes using string matching. Please tell the developers to fix this. And im actually surprised that such matter got utmost priority than other suggestions and fixes like previous halloween events.

Sorry, who made a character with the [GM] prefix now?

hackshields cost a lot? /gg so you’re an expert on software dev now and dev management?

how is banning cutting head of hydra, that wasn’t even a bot on most exploit reports
those were real peeps unless you run a gigaton of server for bots running that candy event,
can you even code bot pathing for that one? that was player against player, you cant automate what the other dude can do

Calm down guys, the “fast reaction” is only on the warning chat restriction and to send a message that impersonating GMs are bad even if it’s just for fun (it might not be such a big deal if they just impersonated other players, for example, but even that can be abused possibly). Actually malicious impersonators can still use the trick if they want to, when the UI is tweaked to make it harder to do stuff like this then that’s when you can say they dealt with it.

Pretty sure that the candy events are not bots. Did they not ban anyone for the event?

They (IMC) is too lenient since the start…

Now I ask you, who doesn’t mean harm when one try to pass as staff? Imagine someone passing as your bank account manager.

The reaction is fast because it’s easy to see it from anywhere in shout, as for bots, it seem to be hard to go in the popular maps to check and take the necessary actions.

Only 2 bots? I’m pretty sure there was a guy who reported 10+ bots in a map this week only in Klaipeda server.

If I remember correctly, they didn’t ban anyone, only removed the exploited items.

Really lenient these guys.

2 Likes

You can try, but you are not allowed to (game restricts you) put special characters in your name, that means you can’t put the [GM] prefix in front of your IGN.

I think those are just who they catch without player reports. GM Francis bans bots in the report section of this forum but they don’t get public attention in a diff post.

Well, to be fair, I talk by personal experience, last year I reported a bunch of bots, 2 weeks later the same bots where in Lv 200+ areas.

So pretty much this is how they deal with stuff.

I’m not saying it’s easy to go confirm, but it shouldn’t take that long time to go check.

Also, if they are “smart” enough to go with their [GM] tag on a map with bots, it’s obviously that the bots will log out and they won’t find any there.

And it’s not hard to a bot software developer make it do that since it is so easy to find important info in the game client files.

impersonating player for humor is tolerable unless it’s come to the extent that it’s already bullying.

but it is a clear rule not to impersonate a gm even if you meant no harm. and that’s a different story.

though for people who insist on this kind of humor. may i suggest adding “not” in the format so people could assume you’re just being funny

like " NOT[GM] "

or "False[Gee-Em] "

or at least a clear indicator that it was an attempt in satire, and not going against rules and regulations