Tree of Savior Forum

Imitaing staff in shout chat

• Description : Now its fun and games but if you include a staff then that means it goes against the rules of impersonation. Pretty sure it counts as public disturbance too. Good meme tho.
  • Server : Varena
  • Pictures :
    unknown
    unknown (1)
    unknown (2)
    unknown (3)
1 Like

dude who hurt you when you were little?

xDD just use the bubble chat addon sheesh

100/10 GAME DEAD

Obviously my uncle but you have a point there.

clearly you just took selective screenshots

you didnt event include the line where [GM] Coconut asks how is everybody or the [GM] Potato asking how’s the game

we we’re rather keeping the people on the server entertained rather than disturbed, it seems like you have a different definition for the latter… cheers! learn to have fun sometimes~

In my defense, that’s the only ones I was around for. Plus this isnt made to get any action done but for them to know there is such ways to confuse the players. Sure you keep the players entertained but there is a reason I left out* the non english ones. That aside, this is mainly about acting as a staff and confusing the players rather than being disturbed.

Hello, just a passing opinion.

I had to explain to some guild mates that those are not actual GMs talking in shout. Even if it’s just for fun you could be giving the idea to someone who is willing to use it to try and impersonate a GM using the same method in order to trick or scam someone.

That being said, IMC should do some UI tweaks at least to make this harder to do. The only thing that makes this trick really obvious is the time stamp and not everyone checks those or knows about it.

3 Likes

Another good example for this is the silver*sellers. They’re able to chat multiple lines because of the said technique like the one below.
20180117143104_1
edit not gold but silver

Waw so people are really getting sensitive every year. We were laughing our heads off last night and we were having fun but lmao didnt know people didnt like jokes like this heh.

https://treeofsavior.com/page/common/?t=ts

You shall not impersonate or present yourself to be a member of IMC Games. You shall not impersonate or falsely present yourself to be a representative of another player, group of players, character or NPC entity.

It’s technically impersonation of a member of IMC games. While you think what you’re doing is just for fun, it’s still providing confusion to the general public, especially those who are new and have no access to addons and such to identify whether the GM tag is real or not.

1 Like

Its fine as a joke but things like this is against the ToS of ToS. What a good friend you are.How about we bring the whole gang and defend him as well!

I dont mind were used to it anyway lel

Oh, my bad then. Forgot about that D:

Very Cute, consider himself he just received 15 days of Chat Ban. I just being nice because everyone could receive one-time courtesy.

7 Likes

Dude you dont have to do that but instead forward to the devs?
edit: sorry not telling you how to do your job, just felt bad.

I think it’s a pretty light sentence considering how it goes against the terms of service and they’re unapologetic about it.

you just did 10/10 you just did tell them

Can you rephrase that?

meht llet did tsuj uoy 10/10 did tsuj uoy

be happy they did not instantly perm ban him for that. in some games they do.
even if for fun… pretending to be GM is always serious ■■■■. never do that.

@STAFF_Yuri just an opinion for me also I think many ppl are finding it more faustrating that GM’s are not that active in game they are found just usually rare in months not even weekly on after maintenance I just think they are lonely of the time no GM is showing up they also seek love from our GM’s <3