Tree of Savior Forum

IMC's fanart event is bias af

I was really rooting for your entry > <

1 Like

I don’t mind them winning they deserve it. better than the guys I’m talking about who won multiple times straight.

Yours is absolutely incredible. no idea how it didn’t get in.

I don’t want to put down other artists, but a lot of you deserved to get in and didn’t. More than that, IMC barely gives anything to the winners for full spread, colored artworks. Art contests are always something you go into knowing you’re more or less being manipulated to create free fan content.

4 Likes

SO SAD YOURS DIDNT GET IN EITHER SOB SOB DARU-SAMA SOB SOB SOB

1 Like

This much is true. My brother is a tattoo artist and hes looked at the events a few times, but every time comes to the conclusion that the reward is so low its not worth the time it would detract from his work.

1 Like

This is kinda what I thought when I saw this post, then I looked again:

The ones I see in 2 fan art events:
Chili

The ones I see in 3 fan art events:
PoetCat
elinhime

The ones I see in 4 fan art events:
No one.

Their art is really good and fitting as load screens. These are the only ones winning more than one contest to the moment and they deserve it.

But then I looked again the posts and noticed my post wasn’t the best thing to write because there are some fan arts winning that, honestly, doesn’t look well for me as a loading screen. But maybe they fitted more the theme than the others, in the devs/staffs/etc point of view?

But again, the fan arts submitted by those people in more than one contest are really good and deserved.

I’m humbled by your opinion. tho honestly, I wasn’t expecting to win for the Christmas one and to my surprise I did. (I mostly wanted to just join in) there were LOADS of better and deserving entries than mine.

take @linhmbl 's for example x-x I was really shocked when she didn’t get in.

The judges should refrain from picking the same winners over and over. to give other skilled and deserving artists a chance.

1 Like

yea thanks for naming those people which I’m trying to avoid to prevent from hurting their feelings.

of course they are good BUT others are better :stuck_out_tongue:

hey if you have anything against me, that’s totally fine :joy:

Thats a matter of opinion, for example the 2 artists i listed earlier i feel are some of the best for quality. But as for on theme for the event they are pretty subtle. Where as if you look at some of the other winners or even chilis entries in other events they are well done, and very on point for the theme of the event.

How on theme it is could very well be a large determining factor for IMC.

3 Likes

I also wasn’t wanting to say this because it can translate into “biased” for some people. But the style of some art are quite marking, maybe one/some people judging them found that one of the styles fits more the game/their eyes more than others.

To be honest, myself, I prefer simpler/“fantasy” submits than the realistic (still REALLY good) ones, as loading screens, that is.

1 Like

I was selected. I’m really happy with this.
I know there are great art out there, and way better than mine.

To every one who participated the event: Keep the good work, I’ll do my best again next time.
Thank you all.

2 Likes

Im with you on this. My personal opinion is that normal anime style and chibi are a great fit for the games graphic style.

But i could easily see people going a different route when you look at Maggies Npc artworks (insert art appreciation orgasm here).

2 Likes

yes and IMC’s opinion suck that much.

tell me how this one for example is not related to the theme.

thanks for this insight. Being an artist, I fail to realize that there’s always a criteria and a theme to follow, so I’m much of a fan of people who just throw out flashy well done, HQ art out there. Beauty is subjective tho. What’s better looking to me might not be better to others.

However this might be the case afterall. The contest encourages not only artworks in forms of visual illustration / painting, but also in comics, icebreakers, and other various forms they previously cite on their contest announcements.

3 Likes

Im not saying its not related to the theme. The couple in context of valentines day makes sense. But look at a lot of the winners. Lots of hearts, chocolates, valentines cards, and flowers. Im just saying maybe IMC wants in your face obviously valentines days.

We all know IMC isn’t good at picking up on subtle hints.

2 Likes

I personally think repeat winners proved their skill and deserved it too. The problem for me is how some winners expended way more effort and skill into theirs than a few picks and somehow didn’t make it.

And I can tell IMC, like a load of other people, have a huge bias for moe/extremely anime styles. I personally don’t think that’s fair at all. I suppose that’s a matter of opinion too.

Maybe I’m getting upset for no good reason. Other people I’ve spoken to about this have just shrugged and said it’s not an effort/skill based contest.

4 Likes

so this one lacks those things you mention huh?

Maybe IMC had a preference for a different submission to this one.

Im just saying the reason why some weren’t chosen could have been for how much it represented the holiday.

Im just suggesting possibilities why some weren’t chosen i can’t claim to know how IMC made their decisions. When your picking 13 and you have more than 13 good submissions, some quality fanart won’t get chosen, that is the nature of competitions.

Well it is, but the goal here is to appeal to what IMC wants. Sometimes a artists style and what someone wants don’t line up. Anyone who gets a lot of tattoos will know exactly what im talking about, we spend a lot of time looking for artists that match our tastes.

3 Likes

yea and some will win over and over even though they put less effort to their work. :smirk:

IMC does not give a damn about effort and the time spent on art.

2 Likes