Tree of Savior Forum

IMC, the new GvG time restriction is killing us

Of course it’s an issue, the days we played together were either on the weekends, with an incomplete team or at a massive inconvenience to our members. Everyone somehow is still forgetting Alpha, they may be from Orsha but that doesnt make them invisible. If we chose to play with an incompete team, why is it such a stretch for others? We just had the past few hours of posts be about comrpomise and you completely ignored them.

And what exactly is your idea of an incomplete team?

Because for the rest of us, it is having under 10 people, no cc, no haste, and whatever the heck else. Crimson’s idea of an incomplete team is a dream team for most guilds. Don’t even pretend your level of handicap would be the same. Also, I can’t be the only person noticing that sometimes Crimson doesn’t queue at all - why? Clearly you don’t want to queue without some vital elements either, so why are you so mad other guilds do the same?

So please, stop whining about not having a perfect team because I assure you, even the guilds that play at 12 in order to have more people don’t compare to your supposedly gimped team comp. And really, why are you assuming ONLY Crimson has an issue with team comp at 12, and every other guild is at the best they can possibly be? Because that is pure bullshit. In fact, since your guild is the only guild ~hardcore~ enough to really dicate this bs, we can assume that other guilds have an even less reliable roster. They still play at 12 though, because they’d be even more gimped at 9, that’s all.

Vheissu, you may want to review your guild’s oath #1 lmao

I hereby proclaim you Crimson’s very own Nulight :clap:

Hot take: if guilds are having trouble fielding 15-player teams, maybe IMC should lower the maximum players per guild. With the added bonus of less particles on screen!

You know what I don’t get? IMC making this change with zero player input and just deciding it on a whim. Here we all are bickering with each other when IMC just screwed us over for zero reason.

Instead of fighting with each other which won’t get their attention, we should be uniting in asking that they put a poll out, a vote, ANYTHING that will get the majority of the people able to play GvG. The entire 9 vs 12 thing doesn’t matter compared to the fact that something needs to change because what they just did is going to bleed out players in a community that can’t afford it.

Oh boy, a bunch of people hiding behind forum names who started the personal attacks are calling me immature. All I ever did was state things that were very obviously happening in GvG. At no point did I call out any player specifically, if you would like I could write an essay on all the players who intentionally try to bug and exploit crashing and stuck bugs, would that make you happier?

I don’t GvG but imho, IMC should just set the schedule on 12midnight on each respective regional server’s common time and let those with graveyard shifts work cry.

Relax. I’m just one person. If it makes you feel better though, you can assume I am a bunch of people. Or a lot of people. Or everyone!

Scroll up. I didn’t call you names. I mean, I did call you Nulight, but is that so bad? Other that that, I only suggested you review the oath. But that wasn’t personal - you’re just the only Crimson member in here other than loztchild (who for some reason is posing as a member of a small guild, so I didn’t want to blow his cover). So calm down and don’t project so hard, ok?

Edit: Oh woops, your guild leader replied in this thread too. But he probably knows his own oath best so let’s pretend I intentionally left him out :frowning:

Sorry man, I didn’t want to blow your cover but it just kind of happened in my last post. If you delete your name off of Crimson’s old recruitment thread real quick, I’ll do a ninja edit and no one will ever know.

Pssst! Hurry!

Oh in case you can’t find it, you’re listed as a “Knight”!! Just Ctrl+F, buddy.

You ok man? You’ve got a mighty odd split personality thing goin’ on there.

2 Likes

I would like to just take a moment to point out that, despite the inconveniences, we pride ourselves on making the sacrifices necessary to be able to participate. It isn’t easy to get that kind of participation.

My work and school life makes my schedule varied… sometimes I’m too exhausted and head to bed nearly as soon as I get home. But rest assured that I have alarms set to make sure that I can attend both matches no matter how bothersome the times may be. I owe my guild that much, even if I am not overly active due to current schedule conflicts.

I know I wouldn’t want to queue if we were missing some vital components too. Man I get that. Nobody wants to rush in knowing they are handicapped and still try to compete when they’re down a few essential classes. I think what sucks though is having members that are making all these sacrifices for nothing. We’re waking up, scheduling around whatever GvG times are thrown at us, making ends meet and then rushing to class, to work, back to bed to squeeze an extra hour of sleep before life hits us like a ton of bricks. That kind of commitment. But making those sacrifices so that we can sit around for hours staring at a screen, asking fifty times a night in chat “Are you sure we’re queued still?”, all so we can not even get a single match some nights? Yeah that sucks too. A lot.

It sounds like a lot of the guilds aren’t down that many people, that their full roster at the given time is just missing a handful of people. I hope that all guilds manage to pick up a few more players that can make that commitment to whatever GvG time we’re given by IMC. I feel that’s what is most important about GvG in general. Not the time, not the horrible FPS that makes it a pain in the ass to play, etc etc… what is important about GvG right now is ensuring that everyone has players that are committed to PvP enough to be present.

2 Likes

While you make some good points, maybe if GVG was more pleasant with better fps, without exploiting crashes and stuck bugs, maybe more guilds would be motivated to recruit for GVG and field full teams. My guild hasn’t queued in weeks. I had fun initially. The most we queued with was 13 with nothing resembling a proper gvg comp and probably an average level of 250; we had a lot of fun. The fun wears off a little when multiple people get stuck by snow rolling or mag force that is hard to avoid because your game is running in the single digits of FPS. Just one casuals opinion on GVG.

The current timeslots on Klaipeda are horrid. Addons exist that poll the server for the number of players online at any given time - and that’s assuming there somehow isn’t a server admin/GM tool that does this as well. Take a look at peak server numbers. GBL is several hours too early currently, and most of the TBL times are also falling in dead zones. A global push backwards of about 3 hours to all times would result in higher attendance for both (at least, judging by the server numbers.)

That said, you should really have at least 2 slots for GBL, and those two slots, as well as the first and last TBL slots, should have at least 9 hours between them. This accounts for the entire standard work shift including 1 hour for travel time and lunch. This is not a complicated thought process.

Judging by population numbers at given times on Klaipeda, I would say push all periods 3 hours back, and add back a second GBL period 9 hours before the new one (which would be 6 hours before the current one.) This should serve to both increase attendance across the board, un-screw west coasters, and offer a comfortable mid-day time as an alternative time slot.

no…23 is fine… actually its too early, i get home 23:30-00:00 everyday…

This is under the assumption that people are equal in worth.

People are born equal, but they don’t live equally.

Top guilds > scrub bottom feeders that contribute nothing.

Not even in a guild. Feelzbadman.

Were there any GvG matches yesterday?

I checked a few times throughout the hour and didn’t see any.

There was one between Tarot and Guild

1 Like

Itos was a mistake.
20 mistakes

and not even surprised, GM doesnt give a sh1t