Tree of Savior Forum

IMC Please Do Not Release P2W Leticia's Secret Cube!

tip: there’s an option that lets you turn off shouts in your chat box.

Stop being a ■■■■. People like you are disgusting.

2 Likes

your response was way more disgusting.

Leave the game bro, I have done it already, since monday when I read the patch notes. Is not worthy of your time. Some people may say “it is not p2w u can grind and get the same items bla bla bla”, but it is the first step for tos become a totally p2w game. Just give up, and live your life!

2 Likes

I have seen many games F2P using this method. For example, “Warframe”. Pretty sure it’s more grindy than ToS. And from my knowledge, guess what? You can buy matterials directly using money. Not “gambling”, not “gachaing” but directly money? And all they says is “You spend money to get stronger faster” and everybody agrees. Look at their player base, pretty much the same sh!t but smarter. As for the game’s optimization and IMC’s servers then i admit it’s crap. Idk why they are still talking about losses and stuff, if there are many material then its price gets lower therefore easier for new players to get. Are you against that?

2 Likes

Pretty good point statement. Buyers are at advantage right now.

The problem is the gambling that benefits only players that spends a lot money, and the fact you can’t get those gem abrasives in game, this cube doesn’t help newbie players get items fast, but help veteran players become even more powerful, creating a gap between normal players, and those who spend a lot money. P2w definitely.

1 Like

while this doesn’t help new players get items fast, it drops prices on a bunch of high end materials like say practonium which will help them to get geared up faster.

the power gap is real, tho to be honest the power gap was pretty ridiculous ever since they made blessed shards tradable so it’s like w/e. the power gap essentially went from huge to still huge.

1 Like

You can get the same amount of experience the abrasives provide through other means. IMC distribute abrasives of lesser values through events, and I for example was able to get better geared thanks to it.

As fatedhour mentioned, the gap has been big since transcendence update and b.shards turning tradeable.

After the rework update, a good portion of the end-game became more accessible to all players with the removal of flat defense that screwed up ungeared, low damage multihit and non-meta faggotry builds. Yes, people who whaled that cube will do more damage than you for now, but it doesn’t mean you won’t be able to deal damage. There is another option of good gear that is available for anyone, you can even buy a piece yourself for a very few millions silver, which is not that hard to acquire.

If you think for example that the amount of blessed gems given by this cube is a big deal, here’s some breaking news for you: People have been gathering over 300 shards per month even before Leticia’s cube was released.

I don’t like the cube either, but really, you are overreacting.

I bet that the p2w implementations will not stop with this cube. Wait and see.

1 Like

That’s obvious, considering this is Nexon we’re talking about. I’ve played Nexon games for like 10 years I KNOW first hand the evolution of P2W. It will no doubt get more and more P2W since Nexon has 25% stake in IMC now. Eventually there will be too much of a power gap, and people will complain, and they will cut back a bit, and the cycle continues.

2 Likes

I rather sticking to the present and avoid uncertain statements.

I loved Maplestory and they destroyed it with cubes, pots, money bags and etc. so sad to see 30% of imc is Nexon’s.

1 Like

Today, they put practonium/diamond anvil/lv10 gem abbrasive in the cube. Next time, they will put solmiki in there, and then next time they will put +30 weapon in there. This pattern is used by so many Asia game companies. Fast cash is sweet and addictive. They earn fast cash and use it to buy stocks and capital operation for their main income and the least they can care about is the quality of the game. They’ll just use the money to start another game project to the same pattern and shut the game down when it is no longer profitable.

The implementation of this cube pretty much means they have no interest of running this game in a long term manner. I though they were heading to the right marketing method of not introducing this to the international version of the game for slow but steady income but nah it looks like it is just another Asia fast cash grab game.

But note this IMC, once you go down this road, there’s no turning back, you will always have to do fast cash grab game from now on to have a smooth capital flow. You lose your credibility and branding.

4 Likes

I can’t deny that…Atlantica Online started with a few weak cosmetics… soon, there were crazy strong weapons, mercenaries and game changing costumes and mounts in there…

If it goes that way here, I wouldn’t care (as I don’t PVP), but I think that this P2W itens should not work in arenas/PVG/GVG. Just in PVE…

1 Like

can we change “many” to all?

Reminder: TOS is a Nexon game. The P2W will gradually ramp up to get players accustomed to it.

2 Likes

lol sad truth about online gaming.

Japanese publishers/developers know how to handle their marketed RPGs tho.
Their cashgrab tactics leans more towards ingame cosmetics or collecting cute girls for mobile games.
:smiley:

Shiny No#1 in the ranking ladder?
OP stats?
fk that
we wan’t cute clothes and waifus!~:heart_eyes:

1 Like

ah sht forgot about my kinsmen, yes the problem is most jp games are only accessible in JP. some but not all are accessible thru VPN

also jp publishers are quite generous when it comes to rewards / compensations just so you know.