Tree of Savior Forum

IMC Please Do Not Release P2W Leticia's Secret Cube!

The staff response is technically correct.

These things are attainable. They do not DROP, sure, but their effects are attainable. Diamond anvil? Just be lucky with your rolls. Abrasives? just farm lv2 and 3 ones.

Doesn’t solve the problem. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Is it like that?
///ayyyy20chrs

Now lets start a competition, the free player has a +15 weapon, and the ultra whale who got himself 30 diamond anvils also has +15 weapon, who will reach +20 item first :^)

Diamond anvil is just too good.

Gem level, sure, go make one gem lvl 8, tell me when youre done, im telling you, thats more than just a couple of months of Uphill, unless you spend 12 hours a day farming with 10+ characters.

Getting a practorium as a free player is childs play comparing to this.

1 Like

Isnt it always been like that with f2p mmos?

And that’s the generic respond of most devs
Free player = farm an entire year for end game gear depending on rng
Whales = spam boxes with credit card powers

Devs: but f2p players can get it in the end as well, so it isn’t p2w.

Time = money. You might as well ask players to spend the time needed to grind to get a part time job, then buy the boxes. They might even have surplus cash so it’s a win-win.[quote=“core.harchi, post:62, topic:360884, full:true”]
Isnt it always been like that with f2p mmos?
[/quote]

And isn’t that why most f2p mmos are dead once the “we are never going to make it p2w model” period dies down.
And why we are trying to stop this from happening to a good game?

2 Likes

Its a different story when imc literally stated they had no plans for this cube to be released.

2 Likes

Yea i always got the feeling that they lack clear communication between teams inside IMC

gms are normally just their community manager/ workers. When their boss say throw in the cash grab, they listen.

Please don’t mistake my post as defending this. In the other thread, I’m saying that this is making me quit :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just saying that the staff reply is correct on a technicality. It’s just not solving the problem.

I dont think thats the only factor that kills an mmo, most of the ones that i played atleast were based on that system and they died for different reasons.

I do find the alternative of hiring and focusing on costumes for a lower price (or higher if they change the animations of skills) are a better aproach, but i dunno if an mmo will ever do just that when they can sell the experience of being strong faster.

1 Like

God damn it why. I guess its a matter of how many cubes someone would have to spend to actually get a pract for themselves…

The issue is we’re limited to what 2 pract per character to obtain under normal circumstances. The third way is to get your guild to lvl 14 and do the guild run and craft one…

Not everyone is willing to make alts (just for extra pract) or try hard a guild. How much does it cost for a lvl 14 guild again? Like holy ■■■■.

EDIT: but devils advocate here. The lvl 315 HG weapons is a nice carry over to lolo panther / solmiki if you transcend those to work towards that gear. It should be possible to get over time… I guess we should look into a upgrade comparison between all these items and see how cucked we are.

I seriously don’t know what to expect. One side spam credit card powers and buys thousands cubes, another spams their “hard earned by farming Dina bee 24/7 silver powers” and buys high level gems.

After that they become so happy that every content is soloable. Also, Theres a video already of a monk soloing high solmiki floors because of his trans 10 weapon, etc. While free players have to spam daily quests to achieve 1/10 of this one year later.

Most of these korean mmos chases off majority of their playerbase is still p2w, lack of end game content and RMT.
It isn’t the first time a p2w thread was made for ToS. Back then not long after the game went live, IMC did some cash grab event as well and generally the feedback is what we are seeing in this thread. Most players do not like p2w, or according to the gm, not win just advantage.
But releasing such item

1. cause severe market issues, do note that not all market traders are paying whales, some legit farm their end game mats for sale. Making it easy to grab just by paying heavily affect these players.
  2. the usual f2p vs p2w players issue especially in the pvp scene, nothing to elaborate there.
1 Like

i want only fairy costume for my characters >< pls release it in tp store not in GODDES BLEESSING CUBE !

0.6% chance of getting practonium :thinking:

That will be gacha for sure.

you are so savage. Don’t ruin his little hope LOL

2 Likes

Pay2Win is real, when the time of me having fun, IMC tried to spoil it.

4 Likes

If imc at least makes the item stats not count in pvp… it would not be p2w

1 Like

I don’t know if this sounds weird, but some people may relate to it.

Back when the cube was released in kToS, practonium was a scarce mineral and as I had none I found the cube threatening. I currently have 3 practoniums in possession (1 became a vienarazis mace), I still have 3 mystical cubes and a char that is on its way to 317 (currently 311). In other words, I have acquired 6 mystical cubes and I’m on the way of getting my 7th.
Having the practonium there sitting at 0.6% acquire chance doesn’t scare me any longer at this rate, I honestly find the cube not worth buying unless you have some TP to toss away. =|

Let’s be real too, even if it’s illegal and prone to cause your account to be banned if caught. getting practoniums through RMT is cheaper.

still…

@Kalahari

Agreed, but balancing the pvp is one of their next steps…we have nothing else to do aside from waiting.

3 Likes