Tree of Savior Forum

IMC gave me WAY too much silver/items - what do I do?

Oh gosh, you broke my money record! 400mil is even more, it keeps getting more and more ridiculous…

What the actual heck. This isn’t helpful at all! I dunno what to even say now if two people got dubious and non-helpful answers now. I have seen people ping staff in threads… do you think doing this in this thread would maybe help make them more alert to our issues? But I don’t even know any of the staff, so I wouldn’t know how to do it. :confused: (Sorry if I sometimes appear a bit stupid, English is not my native language.)

Now this is VERY important information for me and I really thank you for it! :smiley: This makes me more confident in that I can just happily keep using my Froster Lord whom I worked so hard for and waited so long to for good. Still, this also makes this whole matter even more ridiculous - at least my transaction with the card would have made the sum somewhat logical, but if we basically just got ridiculous amounts of silver out of nowhere for no reason, that’s just…yeah.

And this is what I fear.
My experiences with support were so horrible so far that those alone made me consider to just keep the money for a second. Not because I wanted the money but because of fear of support making things worse (taking too much away, banning me). Not gonna lie, the support is BAD. Really bad.

On May 18th, I sent in a bug report with screenshots. They actually replied the next day, asking me to make a video, which I then did and sent in on May 20th. On July (!!!) 28th I finally got an answer saying (I quote) “We do apologize for the delay. We would like to inquire if the issue still persists? If yes, please do contact us again.” and the ticket being closed so that I couldn’t send a follow-up reply. There was no mentioning of them having ever looked at the video or something. THAT is support. But in the end, I learned to live with the bug and just deal less damage than I am supposed to.

But in this case, now, yeah… this is HUGE. I really, really, really hope someone from the team will reply to this thread and say that they saw our issues - I’ve seen them in various threads just a few hours ago - but given my luck, they won’t…

Hihi, do not worry, English is not my native language either and I am very bad! Without my translator, I could not even come here.

With a similar sum, especially for modest players, the idea of ​​keeping it was tempting but when I see that even being perfectly honest and transparent we are not listened to (and therefore the fear that it falls on it grows), j I really have serious doubts about the capabilities of the support … The worst is that we can be 4/5 here to report the concern … But how many players have the same bad luck / luck and are to hide the ad or to make a ticket? How long the situation will drag and will worsen the state of the market …

Your experience with your bug only shows that they are not very good at the field of after sales service, to put it politely.

Like you, I have a lot of character and I make a lot of transactions between them, no choice! One safe and the risk of losing money if you die (which happens easily on Fedi saw the lag that we eat …)

I want to be a nice and honest player indicating the concern, but I will not stop playing for days just to leave the sums in the state where I found them …

Besides, I am not very orderly and I have no idea if the person has money from him or if the total amount is wrong, I do not know if he had sold items lately, I do not do not want a picture of my sales. It’s a bit ‘I’m going on the person, oh, he sold something! Serious? I had that me? Haha, I forgot.’

I counted on the support to tell me what was mine and what they had to withdraw … I feel so helpless in the face of this situation … Finally! You have to see the good side of things, my experience shows that your card is not in question, I am delighted to have been able to relieve you of this problem!

I also saw that it was customary to report dev on topics, but I must admit that I do not know how to do it, this is the first time I spend on the forum to write (see my level of English, I prefer to abstain).

Willy-nilly, I’m still happy not to be alone in the problem! Even if on the other hand I am sad to see other people in the same problematic.

1 Like

Ah, you play on Fedi? Then you’re from Europe? I’m from Germany, but play on Klaipeda because it matches better with when I can be online. This also means that it wasn’t just my server who got a “too much money for some”-issue, but that it happened on multiple servers.

The idea of getting screwed over because I’m being honest bothers me because not only do we have to deal with support not helping us, but if this indeed affects more than just one or two people, then others will not be as honest as us and just silently take their millions and happily spend it while our honestly now put us in trouble.

And yeah, I put the money into team storage to be sure I’m not losing any of it due to death or just overspending accidentally when fixing equipment or whatever. I am forgetful, after all. They can just take it out of team storage, I indicated in my bug report that I put the money there. But then again, given that they seemingly answer in a way that doesn’t even match the report, that’s likely not worth much.

Indeed, even if support would just tell me “Okay, we will double-check your account, give us a week, please don’t spend amount X, but you can keep playing normally”, that would already help and I wouldn’t feel so scared. It’s okay if they need time to fix everything, but I want to know what I can safely do and what not. Can I trade, access my storage freely, did I already get in trouble by transfering the money from the character into team storage? These are all questions I need answered before I can play in peace. Right now I am so stressed out when I did nothing to deserve this.
And while I’m glad that my card will hopefully not be part of the problem, that still means my support ticket might be filled out wrongly since I had, as affected character, named the character with the Froster Lord Card. Which was likely dumb of me…

And yeah, I have not that much experience with this forum, either - I usually just read - so I hope that maybe someone else can do this pinging thing or at least tell me how to do it…

Greetings Savior,

If you are scared then I am more than happy to hold those scary silver for you. The silver will be safe with me. I always wanted to roleplay the role of a personal banker npc so this will be a good chance to show everyone on discord how good of a banker roleplayer I am on ToS the undying game of the year.

Yours truly, The NekoBurglar

3 Likes

i don’t know how much my silver is, so i don’t know if i got more than i should OxO;;

1 Like

You are not alone, someone else also got way too much bugged silvers in his inventory after maintenance :rofl:

unknown

Who knows how many people will be honest and send tickets about this or just spend the “free silvers” on something else…

Thanks to IMC, my friends and guildmates uninstalled the game already. Can’t wait for white knight to blindly defend IMC incompetency (again).

6 Likes

holy fk. good job IMC

1 Like

According to white knight flooding the server with “free silvers" is better than a clean rollback. The logic!

So there’s definitely a bug in the script they ran to fix the problem…

I was expecting something like 2,147,483,648 (usual value you get with an integer underflow loops around)… but this much? :smiley:

Now I know where all the silver taken from our characters went :rofl:

Indeed I am a European and on Fedimiam, I am French on my side! Haha, it’s funny, the two little Europeans who do not speak English. We have a lot in common in this matter!

By the way, see the answer they gave me =>

Hello Savior!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be informed that we have returned the item you’ve listed on the market as it was purchased by an account that acquired silver illegally.

We also posted an announcement regarding this issue on our official website.

For more details regarding this, please visit the link;

I don’t strictly no connection between the situation and the response to provide… If I were a little dishonest I would consider this response as permission has slam the jackpot. :tired:

Wake up and see that there even is not the shadow of a response by here discourages me so much more.

Oke they work after the incident, I agree, but it won’t kill someone to say ’ Hey, we saw your worries! Don’t worry, you’re safe, we’re going to deal with ', right? It is still severely punished nothing to worry and anxiety that it gives us while we didn’t even do anything. As they say, peace has no price, now home it is worth 400kk :sweat_smile:

On your side, still no response from the support? I hope you will be entitled to a more consistent answer than us. I will continue to monitor the topic, hoping it will eventually catch the attention of someone who is willing to solve the problem.

1 Like

Quite frankly, that response from support sounds a lot like they are saying that they won’t check again and are done with the matter. And yeah, it has nothing to do with us having too much silver at all…

My support ticket is not answered yet, which doesn’t surprise me - I am still in awe you got such a fast response! But yeah, I am still stressing out about this way too much and after reading your response from support, I have little hope that mine will be in any way or form more helpful. There ARE obviously people from IMC here at this hour, since only a bit ago they posted a list of banned gold sellers, so I guess we are just not important enough. This is what honesty gets you, I suppose… after reading your support answer, I am pretty sure that if we had never reported the issue and just spent the money, nothing bad would have ever happened to us and they would have never noticed. That says a lot about how well they are dealing with this issue…

@sheba @Daksh

as stated before; better keep the money safe and play normally and wait. just wait for them.

1 Like

Thank you VERY much for posting this! Still, it’s kinda ridiculous that this is not something that was written in the tickets already answered (mine still isn’t) and that those just contained an automatic “yeah we sorted thiings” reply. I’m pretty sure that a lot of people with these “discrepancies” just spend their newly gained silver and never reported it while I now obviously have to wait for an unspecified “later” as thanks for being honest.

Quite frankly, though, that you had to post this here and no staff member dide or just replied like this in the darn tickets is an absolute no-go. I am very grateful that the members of the community are a lot more helpful than the support.

I seriously hope that, now that a staff member has posted this, at least my ticket - if it gets a reply - will contain something more useful than the tickets of the other two people who reported getting nonsense answers here.

Indeed, thank you very much @nery_ma !

Failing to have a clear answer on the situation, we know at least they are aware, it is already that. The answers from the support did not even suggest that they had read our requests after all …

After that, maybe because I’m a simple player, but some people end up with such huge sums for no reason, it seems to me to be a ‘priority problem’.

The silver will not move until they linger on the subject, but I hope that they will proceed neatly and will be able to target only the money in question despite the many transactions that will take place in the meantime.

As they say: Wait and See, thank you again Nery!

1 Like

There is NO ROLLBACK happening. It’s too late now. I would be extremely pissed if they rolled back now since i would be wasting time playing the game. It should have been done on the first day. Also, I am pretty sure they don’t have rolling back capabilities mainly because if they did, it would be very simple to roll back the database.

I see people in Fedimian want to buy REALLY expensive stuff in shout. And +17 T10 Solmiki was sold very fast.
The question is:
How much silver is too much? :tired:

18 quintillion. You could have full +40 and probably not have made a dent in that.

plot twist: IMC staff snoozed while doing maintenance and his head accidently stroke on numberpad and enter key. :rofl:

Temptation intensifies

I got my ticket answered. No surprise, it’s exactly as bad as expected and basically the same others reported:

Hello Savior!
Thank you for reaching out to us.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please be informed that we have returned the item you’ve listed on the market as it was purchased by an account that acquired silver illegally.
We also posted an announcement regarding this issue on our official website.
For more details regarding this, please visit the link;
https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1500
Should you have any other concern, please contact us again.

I posted in my ticket in FAR more detail what I had posted here in the first post. Quite frankly, this, to even every honest person, gives out a “We don’t do anything more, spend your silver, it’s yours”-vibe. As in, I reported and did my duty, neither the ticket nor the link give any information that we are not allowed to spend any silver we got and with that we are home free to do as we wish. There’s no “We will check your account again”, “Sorry, there will be another investigation”, “We’re not fully done yet” - in fact, if anything, it just says “The issue is resolved for us.”

The ticket is even marked as ‘answered’, so I cannot even send a follow-up but would have to open a completely new ticket. There is, quite frankly, NOTHING that says that I would face ANY consequences if I would spend all that silver now, as I could always say that I did report it and IMC told me everything is cool the way it is from their side.

Quite honestly? This:

Not sure what to say at this point. Not just about me, but also about the screenshot of the person with the incredible number of silver who will…maybe just get to keep it?

I dunno what to do now. Quite frankly, part of me just wants to spend the silver because support is a pile of garbage and I feel like they almost told me to do it by not even reading my darn ticket correctly.