Tree of Savior Forum

IMC gave me WAY too much silver/items - what do I do?

I’m not even gonna lie - I was so tempted. I could have finally bought some 380 gear and a Rangovas Necklace for my Necro. I am really way, way behind the equipment curve because all I saved for was the legendary card. But I also know I would have felt guilty forever when looking at any new shiny stuff I would have bought with that money… and also scared because yeah, I’m pretty sure I would have gotten banned if that would have ever come to IMCs attention. So I guess I’m both a maybe-decent and definitely a cowardly person. :stuck_out_tongue:
But IF they tell me - even though I doubt it - that it’s my money, then you bet I will spend it immediately lol.

Might be true - but again, this was a week or a bit more ago, so I hope that this didn’t happen as this was definitely a legal and normal sale.

There’s no way they let me keep it. While I have no idea how much silver I should have really gotten, the unlock vouchers coming out of nowhere already tell that something went wrong and it isn’t just me not knowing my market stock anymore.
Honestly I am more scared that the support messes up my account more… given the horrible experiences I had with support so far (like needing three months to reply, just to tell me “if you still have that issue, just open another ticket” lol).

Also it’s kinda rude to imply that I don’t need the money? I saved up for a LONG time for the money I spent on the card, meaning I don’t have any good gear, gems, whatever. I have no character that can do raids or anything. If for whatever reason I would suddenly legally get 300mil silver, no, I wouldn’t share it. If I would have well-equipped characters able to do anything the game offers, yeah, then I would share with my friends. But as basically everyone in my friendlist does better than me (likely because they spend their money wisely on equipment instead of on a card to summon a colorful Froster Lord instead of a black, normal one…lol), I would totally spend the silver for my mains, yeah. Not sure if that makes me a horrible person, though - I wouldn’t think so. Then again, I suppose “those that need it” is a term that may mean something different for everyone.

My guess is that they ran an automated script to retrieve items in the market and reverse the flow of silver. Then the script screwed up in all sorts of areas like when the stack sizes of items changed, when items involved in transactions were equipped or locked etc.

Of course they’re claiming that things have been resolved so any normal innocent person like you who received a bit of extra would normally just take the free stuff. This is really careless and unprofessional on IMC’s part

1 Like

Honestly, given that I have no idea what I still had on the market, I would have likely just thought “yeah, maybe this is right” if I would have ended up with like 50mil. It would have likely still been a bit too much, but like you said “a bit of extra” that might or might not be the actual amount, especially since I wasn’t even here when this all happened and didn’t even get to see the messed-up market. Last time I really played was on the weekend, I just collected my logins on Monday and wasn’t here on Tuesday at all.

But yeah, 300mil were very, very noticeable since I never had that much pure silver in the game. Never. And the only really expensive item on the market I had was a Teeny Fairy Wings and that one has been returned to me, together with a Golden Anvil Box and the Unlock Voucher (which turned into three). Everything else was worth way, way less. No way this is a “bit of extra”. And I’m too scared and feeling too guilty about keeping that sort of money without confirming with IMC. If they end up messing up again and not taking enough/all of it or something after checking the ticket, then whatever, then I will not send another one (unless they take too much from me, lol). But yeah… I likely wouldn’t have done anything for an extra of 10-20mil. 300mil… that’s real huge cheating territory amount of money. Not doing that.

I didn’t mean anything about what you got when I said a bit extra but yeah, my point was it’s unfair for IMC to actually hold you accountable if you do end up spending that but it’s just my opinion. They basically handed you money then told you it’s yours and everything is fine now. If later on they suddenly go back and ask you for the money when you don’t have it anymore and punish you for spending it then it’s really pathetically stupid.

You’re lucky you got your fairy wings back, I sold a white snowflake crystal and lost the money I earned from it without the item getting returned. They might fix it after they do all their investigating and stuff but I can’t really feel confident about that right now. I’m also thinking they have no idea what the actual worth of most of these items are, they don’t know how punishing their >1% limited time gacha drop rates are, the reroll costs of legendary items and the time it takes to get the cubes, the abysmal chances of getting to +16 etc.

EDIT: To be on the safer side though you can just hold on to all those items and silver and wait until they announce that they’ve finished investigating everything.

1 Like

I dunno, I would think they would go “Well, you were aware this was not yours, so you should not have spent it”, much like someone who finds a huge amount of money on the street is obligated to bring it to the police (at least here in Germany, that’s how it is once the money exceeds a certain amount).

I’m so sorry you lost your item, that really sucks! And if anything, this tells me that a LOT of people have issues now and that their support is really swamped with requests, so I cannot expect that they get to mine (and likely yours) anytime soon when normally they already need a long time. :confused: This sucks for both of us a really big deal… And yeah, I agree that the droprates in the cubes and the +16 chance are ridiculous. Actually the whole enhancing/potential system is likely one of the worst parts of the game, at least for me.

I do plan on holding onto everything until they have investigated; I just really, really hope they do it soon because I hate the uncertainty. And, admittedly, I also hate having 300mil in my team storage and seeing all those great deals on the market I would just love to take and theoretically could but won’t since it’s not my money. It seems easier to not-mope about not being able to buy something nice when you don’t have the money anyway than if the money is sitting there right in front of your nose… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do the right thing.

I’m in the same boat, I’m not touching anything until they say I’m in the clear. The only way this could be worse is if people blow up the economy even more with any excess silver. Hopefully IMC will do the right thing and fix it all for good, and I’m sure that’ll take some time. As long as they do it right, that’s what matters.

2 Likes

Oh gosh, it definitely makes me calmer that I’m not the only one affected by this in a “positive” way (that’s actually just negatively stressing me out). And yeah, I expect it will take a long time. I will definitely leave 301mil (since it wasn’t a round number but 300mil-and-a-few-thousands) untouched. Though it sucks knowing that my account will be messed up for some time and that I don’t know how it will affect me (like, what if they let me keep the silver but take my Froster Lord Card if that was what caused the issue. 300mil silver don’t help when there’s no card on the market I can rebuy then…).

I do hope that IMC solves these issues fast and hopefully correctly. Thanks for letting me know you’re in the same boat as me!

I put in a ticket to start and got a bit of a non-answer, I’ll try again at some point.

I wouldn’t worry so much and you can probably continue to play the game, I would say just don’t spend that silver on anything silly. If you happen to sell anything in the next couple days, leave it on market retrieve and it ought to be easier for them to track what’s there.

If you do end up losing the card, put in a ticket detailing the situation and be specific. Mention that it dropped on X day, X time, and when you lost it, etc.

1 Like

You already got your ticket answered and got a non-answer? That’s good (that they get to tickets quicker than I expected) and bad at the same time (because this sounds too serious for a non-answer… not sure how much you got extra, but yeah, they should take this seriously).

The thing is, I have over 15 characters and I had some of them deposit their earned money by now and all. There’s no way to track all my money transactions over so many characters when I only have one team storage. And I do want to be able to buy items and sell items and stuff - after all, I do make silver and I had a bit over 40 mil in the storage, from which they took 7mil for whatever reasons and I was saving up for something I would like to buy…

The card didn’t drop, I bought it on the market and I already forgot on which day… a bit over a week ago, that’s all I remember. I have a swiss cheese brain… so I guess all I can do is hope that it won’t come to that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello !

I have exactly the same worries, I had lost a few small things not very expensive (which seem to me to have returned in the day in the form of silver), but while I thought the worries behind me, I discovered a colossal sum over 400 million on my little Hackapell …

My first reaction was to contact the support naturally, but the answer they gave me is … Just completely dubious! They tell me about a return of item because of the recent worries as I spoke about an unexplained money gain and a missing item …

However I think your card is not at fault, I just never had so much money (and never spent so much), neither this week nor this year … I do not think there is a coherent link between the mysteriously won sum and our market shares, IMC just planted.

Anyway, I was really waiting for the answer of the support with a lot of impatience to feel reassured (and especially that it gets rid of this money which does not belong to me that I find the serenity of the use from my account). But seeing such a reaction, I am speechless … I hope it is overwork that pushes them to make generic answers and they will not come to accuse us in two days to have hacked I do not know what …

1 Like

Oh gosh, you broke my money record! 400mil is even more, it keeps getting more and more ridiculous…

What the actual heck. This isn’t helpful at all! I dunno what to even say now if two people got dubious and non-helpful answers now. I have seen people ping staff in threads… do you think doing this in this thread would maybe help make them more alert to our issues? But I don’t even know any of the staff, so I wouldn’t know how to do it. :confused: (Sorry if I sometimes appear a bit stupid, English is not my native language.)

Now this is VERY important information for me and I really thank you for it! :smiley: This makes me more confident in that I can just happily keep using my Froster Lord whom I worked so hard for and waited so long to for good. Still, this also makes this whole matter even more ridiculous - at least my transaction with the card would have made the sum somewhat logical, but if we basically just got ridiculous amounts of silver out of nowhere for no reason, that’s just…yeah.

And this is what I fear.
My experiences with support were so horrible so far that those alone made me consider to just keep the money for a second. Not because I wanted the money but because of fear of support making things worse (taking too much away, banning me). Not gonna lie, the support is BAD. Really bad.

On May 18th, I sent in a bug report with screenshots. They actually replied the next day, asking me to make a video, which I then did and sent in on May 20th. On July (!!!) 28th I finally got an answer saying (I quote) “We do apologize for the delay. We would like to inquire if the issue still persists? If yes, please do contact us again.” and the ticket being closed so that I couldn’t send a follow-up reply. There was no mentioning of them having ever looked at the video or something. THAT is support. But in the end, I learned to live with the bug and just deal less damage than I am supposed to.

But in this case, now, yeah… this is HUGE. I really, really, really hope someone from the team will reply to this thread and say that they saw our issues - I’ve seen them in various threads just a few hours ago - but given my luck, they won’t…

Hihi, do not worry, English is not my native language either and I am very bad! Without my translator, I could not even come here.

With a similar sum, especially for modest players, the idea of ​​keeping it was tempting but when I see that even being perfectly honest and transparent we are not listened to (and therefore the fear that it falls on it grows), j I really have serious doubts about the capabilities of the support … The worst is that we can be 4/5 here to report the concern … But how many players have the same bad luck / luck and are to hide the ad or to make a ticket? How long the situation will drag and will worsen the state of the market …

Your experience with your bug only shows that they are not very good at the field of after sales service, to put it politely.

Like you, I have a lot of character and I make a lot of transactions between them, no choice! One safe and the risk of losing money if you die (which happens easily on Fedi saw the lag that we eat …)

I want to be a nice and honest player indicating the concern, but I will not stop playing for days just to leave the sums in the state where I found them …

Besides, I am not very orderly and I have no idea if the person has money from him or if the total amount is wrong, I do not know if he had sold items lately, I do not do not want a picture of my sales. It’s a bit ‘I’m going on the person, oh, he sold something! Serious? I had that me? Haha, I forgot.’

I counted on the support to tell me what was mine and what they had to withdraw … I feel so helpless in the face of this situation … Finally! You have to see the good side of things, my experience shows that your card is not in question, I am delighted to have been able to relieve you of this problem!

I also saw that it was customary to report dev on topics, but I must admit that I do not know how to do it, this is the first time I spend on the forum to write (see my level of English, I prefer to abstain).

Willy-nilly, I’m still happy not to be alone in the problem! Even if on the other hand I am sad to see other people in the same problematic.

1 Like

Ah, you play on Fedi? Then you’re from Europe? I’m from Germany, but play on Klaipeda because it matches better with when I can be online. This also means that it wasn’t just my server who got a “too much money for some”-issue, but that it happened on multiple servers.

The idea of getting screwed over because I’m being honest bothers me because not only do we have to deal with support not helping us, but if this indeed affects more than just one or two people, then others will not be as honest as us and just silently take their millions and happily spend it while our honestly now put us in trouble.

And yeah, I put the money into team storage to be sure I’m not losing any of it due to death or just overspending accidentally when fixing equipment or whatever. I am forgetful, after all. They can just take it out of team storage, I indicated in my bug report that I put the money there. But then again, given that they seemingly answer in a way that doesn’t even match the report, that’s likely not worth much.

Indeed, even if support would just tell me “Okay, we will double-check your account, give us a week, please don’t spend amount X, but you can keep playing normally”, that would already help and I wouldn’t feel so scared. It’s okay if they need time to fix everything, but I want to know what I can safely do and what not. Can I trade, access my storage freely, did I already get in trouble by transfering the money from the character into team storage? These are all questions I need answered before I can play in peace. Right now I am so stressed out when I did nothing to deserve this.
And while I’m glad that my card will hopefully not be part of the problem, that still means my support ticket might be filled out wrongly since I had, as affected character, named the character with the Froster Lord Card. Which was likely dumb of me…

And yeah, I have not that much experience with this forum, either - I usually just read - so I hope that maybe someone else can do this pinging thing or at least tell me how to do it…

Greetings Savior,

If you are scared then I am more than happy to hold those scary silver for you. The silver will be safe with me. I always wanted to roleplay the role of a personal banker npc so this will be a good chance to show everyone on discord how good of a banker roleplayer I am on ToS the undying game of the year.

Yours truly, The NekoBurglar

3 Likes

i don’t know how much my silver is, so i don’t know if i got more than i should OxO;;

1 Like

You are not alone, someone else also got way too much bugged silvers in his inventory after maintenance :rofl:

unknown

Who knows how many people will be honest and send tickets about this or just spend the “free silvers” on something else…

Thanks to IMC, my friends and guildmates uninstalled the game already. Can’t wait for white knight to blindly defend IMC incompetency (again).

6 Likes

holy fk. good job IMC

1 Like

According to white knight flooding the server with “free silvers" is better than a clean rollback. The logic!

So there’s definitely a bug in the script they ran to fix the problem…

I was expecting something like 2,147,483,648 (usual value you get with an integer underflow loops around)… but this much? :smiley:

Now I know where all the silver taken from our characters went :rofl:

Indeed I am a European and on Fedimiam, I am French on my side! Haha, it’s funny, the two little Europeans who do not speak English. We have a lot in common in this matter!

By the way, see the answer they gave me =>

Hello Savior!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please be informed that we have returned the item you’ve listed on the market as it was purchased by an account that acquired silver illegally.

We also posted an announcement regarding this issue on our official website.

For more details regarding this, please visit the link;

I don’t strictly no connection between the situation and the response to provide… If I were a little dishonest I would consider this response as permission has slam the jackpot. :tired:

Wake up and see that there even is not the shadow of a response by here discourages me so much more.

Oke they work after the incident, I agree, but it won’t kill someone to say ’ Hey, we saw your worries! Don’t worry, you’re safe, we’re going to deal with ', right? It is still severely punished nothing to worry and anxiety that it gives us while we didn’t even do anything. As they say, peace has no price, now home it is worth 400kk :sweat_smile:

On your side, still no response from the support? I hope you will be entitled to a more consistent answer than us. I will continue to monitor the topic, hoping it will eventually catch the attention of someone who is willing to solve the problem.

1 Like