Tree of Savior Forum

IMC. 1H Sword Dual Wielder

as the title says, when will this class be real? hahaha, just asking.

Never… say never… except when you need to say to never say never, cause here is never a
time to use never other than to say…

ok I wasted enough time with this, it get’s mention every month at least once and while I would love for it to be a thing, I have a faster and easier solution for the dev team (for now)…

@STAFF_Bob Making a dual wielding class and balancing might be hard for brain, but how about using something that is already there in the game, you just need to remove it restriction…

am talking of WEAPON APPEARANCE…

just remove the weapon type restriction and BOOM

Give the illusion if you cant give the real thing…

2 Likes

Creating classes able to wield new types of weapons definitely sounds like fun, but we’re worried about the compatibility problems that might cause with other classes. We would need to very careful about planning a class like this, but we love the new weapon ideas and we would be willing to work on them someday if we find a good solution.

Quote from the dev above , We have the answer from the devs about the new weapon types.
I also heard that dual sword concepts are frequently requested as well. I aware of technical difficulties. but yeah. I also a fan of Corsair. I would like to see it too.

Fast attacking, low damage but high critical chance? maybe.

6 Likes

what about my suggestion of making it just visual?_?

Ahh… can’t change the weapon into other weapon category, character wise problem i recall.

1 Like

that is really sad to read, but guess they cant go above what the engine allows…

:sad:

:thinking: if there was a way to get the look and size of another weapon but keep the same category…

I wonder if it would be as much trouble as making new dual weapons or less :confused:

Well its a technical issue, so I can’t respond quickly, but I’ll try find out when I working on the PvP issues then.

1 Like

Oh boy, thanks for taking the time to reply. Well I guess all we can do is wait for it I guess?

But can you answer if IMC will be or is working on a dual wielding 1H sword type swordsman?

Thanks Yuri

I can’t say whether it will be possible in near or sometime. As I know, it require pretty high resources on creating new weapon type. So, yeah its possible possible but when, and chance is yet unknown.

2 Likes

Why not just an stance like Bullet Master does? That would also help us save A LOT of money of having to make another sword

That doesn’t change the fact still you need to make an entire animation or new graphical updates for new weapon type. And the animation consumes most of the work force.

4 Likes

In my opinion, rather than making a Class that uses two swords, why not make a Class that actually uses one-handed swords first?

Currently the only sword Classes ingame are Squire and Templar, which are by far the most useless Classes in the whole game when it comes to combat.

IMCs developer team even developed a one-handed sword attribute that is basically useless since no-one in the swordsman tree actually uses swords.

In fact, swords might be more common in Clerics nowadays (still waiting for Crusader, the mounted Cleric with sword and shield) since swords are bad but still better than maces when it comes to combat stats (crit-rate/critical attack, AoE attack ratio, DEX/STR/CON values).

To revive one-handed swords, there would be a lot to be revised/done, especially by implementing a Rank 8 Class that is restricted to one-handed swords and actually deals a ton of damage (should be stronger than Doppelsoeldner).
The current situation actually feels like IMC resigned the Swordsman tree to be tree of Spearman/Lancer, with exotic exemptions of two-handed sword and rapier.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t include Templar as useless, at least not in PVP.

Other than that, all good points.

Ever thought about the devs may be focusing too much on pvp issues that it cripped PVE for sw =/

well … working on one thing doesn’t mean abandoning another. However if you like to suggest a proposal I would like to have it with some reasons so at least I could start looking at and give devs some heads up.
just saying crippled doesn’t help me talking with the developers, and it will not take me anywhere.

3 Likes

Thank you for you work Yuri, I am really happy to see your communication with the community.

I would like to see more of the instance mechanic added to Bullet Market
Maybe dual wield dagger class, Assassin class that everyone is crazy about
Or new weapon such Axe / Two Handed Axe
New instance of double 1h Axe to Barbarian or new class

1 Like

I see, we could think about adding new weapons with new classes - well this doesn’t comes 100%, since there is a classes could use already existing things, so eh chances are low - , but I’ll let them know about the weapons that users want to see .

1 Like

A sword-specialized r8, regardless of if it’s dual-wield or not would be pretty nice to see tbh.
Kind of funny how it’s called the “Swordsman” class, but every r6-r8 dps except for Doppel and Murmillo is a Pierce, spear/rapier user.

If you’re very worried about weapon compatibility, lessening weapon requirements on earlier and later classes would help a lot. Like making all Doppel skills usable with a 1 handed sword. Either that, or buffing earlier ones like Highlander.
1 handed swords have the lowest base physical attack (besides maces), and giving them a nice strong class like Doppel would be nice for the early ranks of a 1 handed sword-only r8 to pick from.
Imo, 1 or 2 handed Swords specifically just really don’t have much to work with aside from Highlander, Corsair (1h), Barbarian, or Doppel (2h).

Sorry that reply was meant to be in the weapon auto-swap forum post, I forgot this was 1h dual wielder post. But I for one would also like more love for 1h sword, lots of good suggestions already on both threads.

I liked this look, it looks very much a dual weapon stance