Tree of Savior Forum

I'm sorry but this server transfer thing is unfair

I’m stuck in the same boat as you, OP

The amount of ass-kissing on these forums is insane. I’m not a fan of most BRs, they have their reputation for a ■■■■■■■ reason. People who are unfamiliar with and quick to jump their defense can scream “racist” all they want, it doesn’t change the truth. Once F2P hits, it’s going to be an absolutely terrible customer experience for any english speaking founders on Orsha because BRs are going to be up to their standard antics along with the massive language barrier. Those saying “oh well you didnt read sucks to be you” are missing the point of this debacle, we are stuck on what has become a server that is foreign to us; it is an unforeseen issue that propagated very quickly.

Going to the SEA server would be a similar experience, and going to the EU one defeats the entire purpose (along with ping), many of us have friends on Klai, and to an assumably lesser extent, many people on Klai, Orsha.

Except that it’s not. The server transfer was promised before the SEA/EU servers even existed and it was promised that ALL founders would get 1 free server transfer, NOT just SEA/EU people who want to go to those servers.

1 Like

so being with your friends isn’t the priority here for you, correct?
because I’m not sure about latency issues with either servers now as they’re both currently in NA.
much as I would like to help you come up with a solution, you have to admit it wasn’t wise for your group to play in serparate servers in the first place. right now you’ll have to lobby for a new server, or ask your friends to reroll to join you in Orsha.
back to your topic title, I still don’t see how the transfer thing was unfair. I was wondering at first if I had missed any announcement about Klai and Osha transfer before launch, but it seems you just made poor choices.
good luck on improving your gaming experience then.

Key word here is ‘currently’. They have already announced that those servers will be moved to Germany and Singapore, so playing on one of them because they’re ‘currently’ in NA would be a very dumb idea.

yep, point is OP’s not really seeking the transfer because he needs to be with his friends NOW.
and so what is your wise advise to this dilemma?

Generally all servers are international, you can log in to any server from anywhere if you get what I mean.

I’m not sure if this is correct, but as far as I remember reading the Team name is saved across all servers. You don’t lose your team name, it goes with you… or rather it’s already saved on all servers for you.

It’s not.

When you try logging in to another server, it asks you to create a new team name. Inputting the same one gives an error.

Guess I read wrong, but now they offer a transfer with everything included so @Kenshiki is fine to transfer to the SEA Server.

But he didnt say anything bad. All he is saying is that the servers should be based more on language for communication. South America needs its own server just like Europe and SEA.

3 paragraphs later

There it is.

Hahaha, how impractical can we get. You do realize EU, there are like 50 different countries and nearly each one has its own language. Same thing with SEA.

The OP just didnt plan ahead, his mistake. He can transfer with his friends to the new f2p servers when/if they arrive.

I’m not racist, I just hate BR and want to put them in a place where I don’t want to see or hear them.
Nice, I bet Hitler said the same thing about Jews.

Brazillians also don’t want to play with english speaking people, or else they’d adapt and speak english.

That means they must be racist too, right?

There is nothing racist about wanting to play with people that speak the same language as you. If I claimed to have wanted the brazillians gone, I’d be racist.

FFS I defend Brazillians in this very thread a few posts back. Stop being such a bonehead.

Maybe you should read what I said properly.

Latency issues were based on the question “Can you not transfer to the SEA/EU server to play with your friends?” Answer: No, because latency issues.

Yes, it wasn’t wise to play, based on a disaster of a launch from IMC. After retrying for 3 hours, eventually people got fed up with it. They came up with the server transfers moments later, so because of that, nobody had rerolled a new character on a new server once the functionality of Klaipeda was fixed. (Not that anyone would have done so, after paying for DLC that would just get lost.)

If they said from the start that it was SEA/EU transfers ONLY, I would have just rerolled since playing with my friends IS the priority (I am not sure how you even got the vibe that it wasn’t, again read properly.)

When somebody offered one FREE transfer to founders, and when an OFFICIAL talks about how the “transfer ordeal” has no final word yet, yes it is indeed unfair.

And the advice to this dilemma is simple, offer transfers to Klaipeda either now or through buying one, just like most other popular MMOs do.

It is not even me flaming or complaining, as you can see there is many people in this thread that share and support what I said in my OP. It isn’t a unique problem only TO ME, and this thread serves to deliver that information to IMC and show them that their decision wasn’t thought out properly, based on the lack of information aswell as vague information that they had given us.

That is the issue here, and nothing else.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

The main audience to this game is English and Portuguese speaking people.

Smart decisions are mostly made based on majority, especially when it comes to sales and who your audience actually is.

While EU has the same issue too with Russian speaking people it isn’t nearly as big, and the Brazillian community is still bigger, which is why a server only for that audience would be a smart decision.

You made a mistake bro, own up to it.

That’s all i got from your entire post.

1 Like

This post was made moments after the game launched. “New worlds” in that aspect applies to all 4 servers currently available. Cool story.

I never said that it wasn’t my fault. I am saying that based on misinformation from IMC, it is what CAUSED my “wrong” decision in the first place. Perhaps next time, they could express themselves a little less vaguely. That, and the disaster of a launch too.

Furthermore: If I wouldn’t have lost the founders items that I had received for purchasing the exclusive access, rerolling right the next day wouldn’t have been the issue either. But that, also, in itself is a huge restriction.

It is delusional to think that EU and Sea people receive the right to transfer their characters to “their” servers, but people from the NA are not allowed to when both SEA and EU launched an hour after the original two server. In that sense they’ve also dodged any queue because “they wanted to play”. Yet when it comes to Orsha and Klaipeda, it is completely unfair and supposedly my own mistake.

I repeat: This isn’t a unique issue only to me, both in this thread, in this forum and OUTSIDE this forum, you’ll see people with similiar problems, if not identical.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes