Tree of Savior Forum

I'm sorry but this server transfer thing is unfair

Greetings IMC and forum.

I’m going to get straight to the point. Like many others I’ve payed/bought the exclusive access to the English version of ToS. Not only that but I also attended the last two closed betas, submitted bug reports aswell as generally play this game.

In other words, I have supported this game ever since the closed beta launches, back when the game was almost unplayable. I didn’t care because that’s what a beta is for. To figure out what can be done better, and to make it an overall better experience for the finished product.

When the game launched, I was going to play with various friends, but due to massive player overload, we had to split up and play on different servers. When IMC announced server transfers to be available eventually, I didn’t think much of the problem considering I ASSUMED that people will be able to transfer to their correspond server of choice.

Now to my problem: I am “stuck” on the server Orsha. Like I mentioned earlier, I am wanting to play with my friends like we had planned to, but because no room was available on Klaipeda, this was not possible. As far as functionality goes for Orsha, it is probably like any other server, which is not the problem.

My personal problem persists with the Brazillian playerbase. Don’t get me wrong, I am not racist and I have nothing against them. But when I want to play a game with english speaking people so that I can actually communicate with them, this holds a problem to my player experience, especially because they don’t understand numerous amounts of attempts of me asking if I can receive a certain skill ingame, so that we can clear faster and/or more efficient.

Nobody forces them to speak english, everyone should be playing on their correspond server, and have their own unique player experience with their own language that they are able to speak.

Now the final long awaited server transfer option became available, and Klaipedia is not an option to transfer to.

For starters: Me as a customer hold NO responsibllity over the functionality of an individual server. I was not able to create my character (like numerous others, might I add) because there was no room. And now, I am getting punished to not be able to play on an English speaking server, because for whatever reason server transfers to Klaipeda are unavailable.

Coming from other MMOs, that certain servers were full to register your character on, isn’t even a problem that is unique to ToS. However, other MMOs also had MORE servers available so that you could just choose a different individual language speaking server. And even then, those MMOs offered server transfers either for free weeks after, or they made it a pay to transfer option.

How come ToS doesn’t have any of these options available? Again, I am not responsible that not enough space was created on Klaipeda, so that I was not able to play. I literally had no choice or say in this. The only thing I could have done is to be one of the first players to create a character on Klaipeda. This isn’t possible for some people that work/attend university/numerous other reasons.

So yes, I am just going to say it: This is completely unfair and I am thoroughly disappointed.

Unrelated: I was proud and supported IMC on alot of choices they have done. They fixed dungeon finder in 3-4 days, they got rid of alot of gold spamming bots and they even fixed certain quests you were not able to finish due to a bug. But I can not agree with this choice because it is simply unfair to players that were forced to play on a different server because they couldn’t choose anything else.

I apologize for my pre-dispositioned use of language, but I am sure, I am not the only one upset about this, and people can sympathize with me.

EDIT: I’ve seen an official post some weeks back that was talking regarding transfers to Klaipeda back then, and the STAFF member had said that they haven’t yet decided on the final word regarding server transfers. So please stop antagonizing me saying it is my own fault when they had said from the start no transfers to Klaipeda will not be available, Because it isn’t accurate.

Kind Regards,

3 Likes

Even if they understand you, its not fact they would listen to you and you will pass dungeon more quickly))

Was Klaipeda ever closed from new character creation? Sure it had like 600+ login queues on the first couple days, but if you had read the forums you’d notice forum threads advising ppl to keep relogging out & and you’ll get to skip the entire queue after a few tries.

3 Likes

this is what happens to people who dont read

1 Like

This is irrelevant to the topic at hand, because being able to communicate with each other isn’t just limited to a unique or general dungeon strategy. If I wanted to simply converse with somebody, this wouldn’t be possible as they are not capable of the english language.

And while Orsha isn’t completely with people that can not speak english, it is still a problem.

Thanks, saved my time. It’s funny when people say “I’m not racist, but…”, next thing that comes from their mouth, is, indeed, racist. Whenever I hear that expression, I say to myself “Please, don’t, don’t talk anymore, please I beg you…” and then BAM! There it is! You screwed it!

3 Likes

There was never a point where you couldn’t start a new team on Klaipeda. Also, you can transfer when the game goes f2p and new NA servers open up.

I understand what you’re asking and hope they can help, but before the game even opened they said there would be no transfers from orsha to klaipeda. You should have just put it with the queue for a week like i did if you wanted to play with your friends. There isnt one anymore.

I have idled for at least 3 hours, about 6-8 hours after the servers became online, with the same problem

I won’t lie, the same kind of happened to me. Klai was so overwhelmed with people I got forced to play on Orsha because I couldn’t even login, even trying to skip the queue didn’t work.

But I’ve already restarted on Klai and Klai’s where my package is redeemed anyways so my Orsha char can just be forgotten about. >.>;

1 Like

Except there was an official post from a staff person that mentioned they haven’t fully considered their final say about the whole server transfer ordeal.

Really? Learn Portuguese))

Saying that you don’t want to be stuck on a server with people you can’t understand is in no way racist. It’s common sense. It’s not even anything against BR players, it’s just a fact that the languages are different and that either by inability or refusal, most of them don’t speak English which can make gameplay difficult for someone that doesn’t speak their language. I’m sure BR players who can’t speak English would also prefer to be on a server with people who actually speak their language and can understand what they’re saying. I’ve had so many people come up to me and try to start a conversation in a language I can’t understand that I’ve lost count. At least I hope they were trying to start a conversation, for all I know they were calling my mother a whore.

6 Likes

If I was racist in any shape or form, you are free to make an argument about it and explain as to why. Nothing I said was to be considered racist. I simply added it as emphasis to certain individuals such as you, that are not capable of understanding what the point is.

Thank you for being one of the few individuals that understands what I was even saying.

I’m going to address the elephant in the room, there needs to be a dedicated official Br server with “BR” next to it. This would eliminate some confusion as to which server is predominantly Portuguese speaking.

1 Like

Yeah… OP here isn’t screaming that they want BRs banned or some nonsense like that or that BRs should speak English. OP just wants to transfer to the active English server so they can no-longer play alone or with severe language barriers… when I was in Orsha I had that same issue and often the BRs would ask for certain buffs/debuffs in a manner I didn’t understand. Luckily for me there was someone able to translate… but in most cases that isn’t the case.

And that is exactly what I stated in my OP.

I have NOTHING against Brazillians/portuguese speaking people. And I also stated that I don’t want them to be speaking english either, In that sense they could ask me to speak portuguese too.

It is completely irrelevant and not what I was even talking about. My OP clearly stated that I have a severe language barrier because I don’t speak portuguese and brazillians don’t speak english.

They are free to speak whatever language they want to speak, but my personal desire is to be playing with people that speak english. Which Klaipeda is for. Is that so wrong of me to wish for?

yhea , the same happened to me , klaipeda was full when i tried to log in the first hours so i made a chracter in orsha and im unsatisfied .

Duede i had the same problem , my friends quited the game because they dont want to play with brazilian i told em to go fedimian but as i do , they are scared of the high ping …

I am not enyoing this … i want brs out…or give em their own server i dont mean all brs but here are some wich i would never like to talk to o see em type FILHO DA PU***…