Tree of Savior Forum

Ignition linker burn damage? (auto attack vs skills?)

So I understand that both auto attacks and skills can proc the burn the damage.

What I’m confused about is the tick damage that is applied to the linked monsters.

For example, when you link monsters and auto attack them with ignition which procs burn, the ticks will deal the auto attack damage per second.
Here is a video with auto attack, links, and burns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVhtyLoaugs

However, I have no idea what happens to the tick damage if you proc the burn with a skills (like energy bolt or MM) on linked monsters. Will the ticks deal auto attack damage like above, will they only deal the property damage (which happens if you proc burn without links), or will they do damage based on how hard the skills hit (similar to how auto attack burn procs make ticks do auto attack damage per second)?

Thanks for your replies!

Yes. Links transmit burn damage equal to your auto attack damage regardless of how the burn was caused.

1 Like

That’s a very old video.

1. For AoEs that proc ignition the ignition is applied to all targets. i.e. as a linker you could proc on joint penalty and have all targets ignited.
  2. Ignition damage is increased most heavily by Elemental Attack. This means things like Arde Dagger or Venom. The element does NOT need to be fire. That is a fallacy.
  3. Bosses are immune to burn procs from ignition.
  4. The ticks do not deal auto attack damage.

I can tell you the burn proc does not get super massive by any means. I’m not even sure if it’s flat or not I’m kind of lazy and don’t feel like testing it right now. I know pyro burn effects mention Int scaling but I don’t know the formula or if that is applied to ignition. And I’m to lazy to test it right now. lol

If you’re debating on whether to use ignition over a superior corona rod for a linker. Ideally you’d have both ignition for mobbing solo. And corona for bosses. But if I had to pick just one I’d use the ignition since it’s nice for leveling, soloing mobs, etc. And that is what I would use the most when I start up R8 stuff. Either way I would save up your blessed shards then transcend one of the Rods or Staves from the R8 content.

Oh… one other thing… Buffs that add additional lines of attack increase the chance of procing. Sacrament for sure and I’m fairly certain bless applications by the feel of it.

1 Like

Unless this is a very recent change, JP transmits burn damage equal to your Magic attack + Elemental attack to all linked enemies. The burned target itself will receive significantly less damage that only scales with elemental attack.

1 Like

*grumble… Well I’ll go test it… But that’s kind of entertaining… Either it procs nothing or everything. In the old days it proc’ed nothing and was just a flat 80. And was god awful. They really do suck at programming JP.

I’ll edit in my result… since I at least recall mention of ignition in last couple patches and I’m curious about it now.

False:

it does not transmit auto attack damage. As you can see here…
My auto attacks hit about 1k.

It comes out fairly close to Matk - weapon damage. So without f’ing with it more that’s what I’ll assume that is what it is cause I don’t feel like waking up a thaum to follow me around to test Int and Matk and how it interacts. And yes that’s without quickcast going. QC I hit for 1.4k.

1 Like

Looks like they changed it then. JP has been changed so many damn times I can’t bother keeping up anymore. No other skill has given IMC (and the players) more trouble than JP.

Was the burn triggered by auto attacking or skills? So does the burn damage do the same as it would vs 1 monster as it would for linked monsters?

In the screenshot above.

• That burn was triggered from an auto attack. Before the targets were JPed.
  • The 403 tick is the actual burn effect as you can see.
  • The 603 that was transmitted was the linked.
  • My raw auto attack is about 1k without quickcast. 1221 matk, 200 elemental attack (mixed elements).
  • Burn ticks have no variation in damage.

So being more awake and looking at my stats we can figure out that the difference between the linked targets and the primary target is whether it applies my elemental attack is applied.

It seems fairly unlikely that my Eatk would match the variation exactly when there is no variation on the ticks.

*grumble the burn should do the same no mater the trigger… but… whatever I’ll go hit something with MM till it burns and edit in the result.

So this proc was triggered by a magic missile with QC going no variation in damage as the one started by an auto attack.

BONUS!
Here is me without my venom on… That lowers my Eatk to 22 from just the ignition.

• With 22 elemental attack we see that the off targets are again the difference of my elemental attack.
  • My venom provides 178 Eatk so we can see that the primary burn target went down by that amount.
  • So we can figure out that Elemental attack is applied twice to off targets.

I’ll also point out it doesn’t mater how many targets I link up. If it’s 8 or 3 it’ill tick the same.

BONUS x2!

I took off 11 Int worth of equipment and you can see the damage reduced by 2. This means that there is some Int scaling. My best guess is it’s pretty low though. Something like .2? So about what bless has for Int scaling. I’d probably want a thaum to test this part.

BONUS x3!!!~~!!!

Ok so with some magic fairy dust I leveled up a thaum real quick.

• Test above is naked with ignition only. Suika here is 476 Int, 959 matk.

So here comes the 2nd test. This one Suika turned on her beefy arm skill. Beefy arm gives her a bonus 227 Matk.

• We can see that we increased the burn damage by 38.
  • So burn damage does factor a small portion of your Matk.

So this final test is to test if Int seems to have a greater effect on the burn damage or not. So we did a transpose that takes Suika’s Int to 4 and her matk to 487. Normally she has 474 Int and 959 matk.

• Damage dropped from 181 to 103 so 78 difference.
  • This comes extremely close to our numbers for beefy arm. Where we tested just matk. Beefy arm test gave %16.740 of matk. Int gave %16.525 of matk.

So there you go… Scaling is based off Matk doesn’t mater if it’s from Int or not and it’s about 17% in these tests.

6 Likes

You my friend are a god. Thank you.