Tree of Savior Forum

IceMage[Feedback please]

Hey,

I’m currently working on a build that focuses around ice magic. The build should work in PvE and PvP. The build is highly experimental so I would like to hear some opinions before I even think of starting such a character.

Link to the build: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/mn6zl2lw9n/

I won’t go over everything, only the most important thoughts behind the build.
Let’s start with the Runemage.

• The whole character builds around “Rune of Ice”. big downside is a high cd but it also has a high duration.
  • I dont know how good the dmg of “Rune of Justice” is. but maybe it can work good with “sleep”.
  • I think that there is a good synergy between Wiz3 and Runecaster because of quickcast.

Wizard:

• “Magic Missle” seems like a good fillerskill but overall I use Wiz3 for “Quickcast”, “Superspell” and some more crowdcontroll.

My biggest conceren with Cryomancer is his dmgout in the endgame. Sure the dmg will be insane with the rune but it only last for 50seconds under the condition that you play solo. I’m also unsure about “Ice Blast”. I only picked it for some singletarget dmg.
I don’t want to go the cryo -> psycho path and use this popular combo because I would also just like to try something new. I also could imagine IMC to nerf this combo in the near future.

Anyway… What do you guys think? does this one has potential?

pretty weak build - cryo alone deals no damage same as wiz 3 magic missile is just super weak later on…all in all you got CC ok but not a ton and no damage…you gonna suffer circle 3 and onwards circle 6+ might be impossible to solo…or it takes 10 times longer than other guys

you can take cryo and psy without relying on the combo…i only use psy pressure and pole for pve xD and in pvp…will see

if you want full ice mage:

:blush:

What about a full pyro mage?

what you think of this:

Is linker still any good with pyro? I feel its skills are having an identity crisis right now.

psychokino what makes cryo’s work, you need at least 1 circle of it.

What about this -> Wizard -> pyro 1>pyro2>pyro3->sorcerer(salminion)>elementalist> elementalis

So I’m only at Cryo2 right now at level 59 and I’ve taken ice wall to level 10 (my current max). Each wall segment does about 500 damage. You can pile up the wall under a boss and hit him with every segment. You can pretty much do the same with Ice Spike (during my noob levels it one/two-shotted bosses).

1 Like

Update: I have Cryo3 and level 15 icewall is hilarious. I’m probably going to reroll (because my skills are not exactly where I want them, and I want to try incorporating the Ice pillar with level 15 icewall and either mix with the aoe spells of pyromancer or find a good mix of full CC coverage and make friends with a pyromancer. Ice pillar (right now it’s level 1) pulls a huuuuuge area, almost screen wide, pulls mobs into the pillar and I want to pen them in with my 5x5 cell icewall and nuke them down. Now I’m off to theory craft

1 Like

if you are going to waste a rank on pyro then go psycho instead on this one…

I would if Gravity Pole didn’t take 20% of my total SP per cast. Can’t sustain with that. Magnetic force does good damage but then that’s really the only skill I’d want out of psycho.

it doesn’t, who told you that and gravity pole is a C3 skill, by that time you will have max psychic pressure hitting all your wall…

it says right in the skill’s description that it consumes 2% sp per second, max 10 seconds. I like the ice pillars effect, it pulls in continuously and only costs 59 sp at max level

2% for 10s is really low and it can be easily countered with a single potion…

funny you are completely throwing away other 2 ranks of a class just for a single skill that you can use up to rank 7…

But it’s your build, if pyro is what the Ice Mage wants… pyro it is then…

you must really like psychokino. Anyways, I’m looking for over all cc/aoe dps, so far prospects are pointing to pyro and wizard

Here’s the build I’ve come up with http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/9jwfcm1jxq/
takes cryo3/wizard3/warlock. I stayed away from the shield spells because I don’t know how effective they actually are and I’d really only take ice shield and only for pvp purposes.

Why would you go Wiz c3 with Cryo? I don’t see any benefit in that. Cryo doesn’t really need Wiz buffs, since it’s fast cast, low dps defensive mage class. Warlock also doesn’t combo with Cryo from what I know. I would sooner suspect Featherfoot skills to be able to combo with Ice Wall.

PS: Your point distribution is terrible. 0 points in Quick Cast? Thats the only skill that makes it worth getting Wiz c3. It has +50% magic damage attribute. Lethargy past lv1 is useless. Surespell lv5 lasts too short, lv8-10 is minimum. Dark Theuruge is the main heavy hitter Warlock skill (0 points, seriously?), max it. You need Evil Sacrifice to utilize DT and Invocation in all situations. Why only 1 point in Frost Pillar?

you can…nuff said

example: i use 100 1k silver sp potions over a whole day spaming gravity pole off cooldown and ONLY if i use other skills as well xd

1 Like