Tree of Savior Forum

I photoshoped what it would look like with additional skin and eye colors

For funzies, what a big difference it can make though with such basic additions.

Little side note, I really believe that basic skin and eye colors should be available from start, like the ones shown (ie darker and cool tones, blue and green eyes).
It seems like a really simple thing to implement too (although I have no actual idea how hard it is to fix these things in game so I might be out of line here).

Oh and some actual black hair damnit

42 Likes

The eyes of the characters looking so dead in this game…

5 Likes

Oh yeah, some light in there wouldn’t hurt!

19 Likes

How about this? I always loved blue eyes…

Also I love the variety of complexion. I wish they would let us choose sooner or later…

8 Likes

That looks great!
I didn’t want to change the eyes, other than the hue, on my first gif since we don’t even have extra colors to begin with, so I kept it as basic and unchanged as possible. But some extra shading and light would be lovely, I don’t understand why they’re so dull to begin with.

I really like your edit, but details like highlights would be harder to see ingame. Maybe try to mimic this edit on an ingame sprite in screenshot size.

@ OP very nice suggestions, I like it!

Love what I see. I also agree on the eye details needing improvement. Sometimes my character bugs when fighting an enemy that puts me to sleep and my eyes stay open…it’s very unsettling.

@thesstuss Probably because everyone has the camera zoomed out everytime, so they never pay attention to the facial expression or eyes… Just hair, and that not even so much (see the colors… just 5 of them at the moment)

@bunnimal1 That’s an awesome idea, but I am waiting for the F2P and my screenshots of the CBT are on my older PC. Could you send me a screenshot of you, if you got time and don’t mind? This is a good way of killing time xD

I like these textures. Could add them as a mod but I wouldn’t do that until the game is more optimized.

1 Like

Like all of us inside.

I would love to, but my laptop is busted atm so I can’t play or access my files till it’s fixed… which is why I’m lurking the forums all day.

I find the dark skin sexy ;D I ship it~

In the past I tried sleeping with my eyes open once. They got really dry and red, do not recommend trying to be special and sleeping with your eyes open.

2 Likes

This is so good.

I know the game is very loyal to its own palette but these edits aren’t intrusive or flashy at all. Love me them eye colors and actual black hair. and skin tones. and everything

1 Like

I really hope we get some skin colors.
And I agree with the eyes, they really look kinda mat and lifeless.

Whoever is in charge of the art in this game is a MASSIVE fan of washing out all colour entirely with a dull grey.

They need to relax and inject some saturation and vibrancy into our choices. Everything would be so much more visually appealing if it wasn’t all completely washed out.

I beg to disagree. The art design is supposed to be fairytale/storybook’esque and too bright non-pastel colours wouldn’t fit well with the rest of the theme. It’s a matter of taste of course but I find the art and visuals really pleasing in this game. It’s actually one of the big reasons why I picked this game :relaxed:

More eye and hair colours, beards and trinkets (anyone else wanting to create a monocle bearing bearded gentleman?) would always be nice though.

2 Likes

I guess this is what they called “Darker than black haha”

If only the game is optimized enough to enable more character effect. Now I turn off everything

Taken from the tos en blog back in jan 2015 http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/?paged=8

Q) Please give us options to change characters’ eye colors or hair colors.

A) We already have a feature to change eye colors or hair colors of characters in the game. But instead of making them possible when selecting a character, we want players to obtain them in the game.

We hope for your understanding for this since we believe that players will be more affectionate to their characters when they become unique and distinct from other players’ characters after a long period of playtime instead of just allowing diverse customization options from the beginning.

I wonder where the eye color feature went or when they plan to implement it? —
All you have to do is look at some of the npc’s to see what kind of beautiful eyes we could get access to. :eyes:

& I am all for them having better highlight/shading for the hair dyes (some of them are so flat compared to the original) —
but the game does have a cohesive aesthetic and I don’t want them adding in anything highly saturated and jarring from the rest of the tos universe.

Skin tones are nice, I’ve suggested them in the past, would love to have cooler toned light skin! :blush:

2 Likes

I agree with this, hence why I only really change the hue in my edits and not any extra saturation!

However, if the game says something is black I expect it to be black and not brown, no matter what the style is, haha. I’m not that into black hair so it’s only a minor annoyance for me, but I can imagine people who like black hair is bugged by this.

Thanks a lot, that was totally what I was going for :smiley:

Same here, I have pretty cool toned skin myself and recently started to notice how different the two (warm/cool) tones look next to eachother!