Tree of Savior Forum

I need help for a PVP Murmillo build

Hi guys, thanks for checking this topic.

So I’m currently a lvl 160 Swordsman C3/Rodelero C2, With a ratio of 5 strenght, 7.5 Consitution and 2.5 Dexterity every 15 levels.
I’m mostly interested in pvp, and my favorite class was the Swordsman. I don’t like the Cataphract class (even thought I know they’re the best Swordsmans in pvp) so I naturally converge to the Rodelero. Being a class that rely heavily on the shield, I aim to become a Murmillo on rank 8.

Now, initially, I chose this build.
I heard that the Dopplesoeldner skill Cyclone was god tier in pvp, and was planning on using the Rodelero skills to annoy/disrupt my ennemies and then kill them with Cyclone. Evade thrust seemed useful (attack while being protected, fun), and Frenzied Slash as a gap closer. That was it.

But then I found this topic, describing the list of the Murmillo’s attributes. Murmillos have attributes boosting the strenght of Rodelero’s skills, like Shield Push and Shooting Star. It seems a bit of a waste now to go Murmillo and don’t take advantage of those attributes, even thought Dopplesoeldner C2 looks really useful.

So I went and created a new build.
I took Shooting Star who received a buff with Murmillo’s attributes and promess really high damage. Plus, now that I have access to High Kick, i dropped Evade Thrust and took Scutum Hit, giving me a good damage burst. And Finally, now I have space for Squire C1 and Arrest, really good in pvp.

There’s things that those two builds have in common :

• being a strenght character, I took Concentrate instead of Gung Ho, because I heard somewhere that Gung Ho is for Dex build, and Concentrate for strenght build (???)
  • I maxed out Shield Push because I want to try the Defense decrease effect on pvp, I didn’t saw it anywhere on the Internet. If it’s good I will tell you guys. It keeps me from maxing out other skills, but I don’t take Targe Smash, and the rest of Rodelero’s skills don’t really benefit from more skill points
  • I don’t take the Rodelero skill Shield Shoving, because Murmillos seems to have a more powerful version of the same skill, Headbutt
  • I don’t take Targe Smash on the first build because I don’t have High Kick to inflict the weakness to Strike damage (and I have Cyclone). I don’t take Targe Smash on the second because Scutum Hit seems to do the same thing, with higher damage

I would like to hear what you have to say on those two builds. Which one is best ? Are they both garbage ? Are they good in pvp ? Should I go dex instead of str ? And should I go Gung Ho or Concentrate ?
Please keep in mind that I’m already Rodelero C2, and that Peltasta is over for me.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading all this. I’d like to apologize if I’ve made some mistakes, english isn’t my native language. I hope you guys can help me choose my path.

Go 3:1 dex con if you plan to go pvp, as you will need that to hit any swordsman and archers.
As for your rank 7 go for corsair if you really plan to pvp. Since, iron hook can bypass all cc immunity buff of the enemy.
Max targe smash, shield bash, shooting star and put 1 skill point in all others. Since this skills can be boosted in Murmillo attributes.

3 gung-ho, 3 bash, 15 pain, 10 restrain, 14 concentrate.

For the actual scenario, I think is better take pelt 2/corsair instead of swordsman 3 for murmillo.

The reason is the easy access to transcedence, so is better you stack more def. Murmillo skills already deal a lot of damage with a crap weapon and no STR invested.

Murmillo was not designed to deal lots of damage like fencer and doppel.

don’t take me into this. but as far as i experience in TBL.

most murmillo who goes DEX or DEX:STR builds are common trash,

yes they do damage, but they softly die like papers.

yes they deal overwhelming damage, but before they get near, they died already.

as far as i remember there was once a murmillo i’ve had with and he got like 65kish HP, yes he’s not that super damage dealer, but he carries the team. even 1 vs 2 a cleric and elemlock by himself.

but then again, don’t take my word for it. that’s just what i mostly experience.

I have a pelt2rod3 laying around my lodge that I can’t decide btw corsair and shinobi.

Corsair can lock people from range, but shinobi can stealth > cc chain + pve power as a bonus.

What do guys think ?

Oh I juste learned that about the differences between Arrest and Iron Hook, thanks. So the Dopple/Murmillo build is not good at all ?[quote=“Kascly, post:3, topic:337592”]
The reason is the easy access to transcedence, so is better you stack more def.
[/quote]

Well going Swordsman 3 isn’t really about damage, it’s for the CC skills, like Restrain and Pain Barrier.

So you’re recommending to go full CON ?

Well the stealth with the Shinobi skills don’t last long enough, so the utility in pvp is reduced. Just a few seconds (like 10-11), which don’t give you that much time to do something.

Oh, and thanks to all of you for responding and helping me !

sword 3 rodelero 3 corsair c1 murmilo with a stat distribution between con and dex will be a great build
if you got the silvers try to get lvl 10 nuaele cards
and get lvl 315 pierne sword +lion head shield you’ll have great magic defense
this is a great build that i’ve seen some peeps do and it posed a great challenge for my lancer
seem like a fun build to play.

Serpentine + dethrone can easily fix that

Personally, if I’m gonna build one it’d be Sw3 Pel1 Rod3 Murm. I’ve seen this kind of build working effectively in 2v2 and 5v5 TBL matches.

The reason for picking Pel1 is to utilize the shield-use-improving skills and attributes. They’re too good to pass up.

Another option is:

iirc, FlyingHyena from your server have this build. I used to see him often in 5v5 but not in 2v2, he doesn’t seem to play anymore.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s him! Hows your fights with and against him?

I do think there was another murm with this exact build but forgot the name.

He wrecked my catagoon, after blocking/dodging my serp+dethrone, he destroyed me in 3-4 hits. Murms are scary when they’re in range. lol

1 Like

If You’re a catagoon he shouldn’t be in range. Make sure he stays at the edge of your screen and shoot dethrones all day until he dies (unless his party has a kabbalist…Then It’s gg)

my build is sword3,pelt1,cors2.shinobi1,murm , this build good for pvp with stealth you can get good position for hooking and frenzied slash , but very bad for pve , no damage combo :sob:

1 Like

Hey guys I am planning to create a PVP Murmillo as well, I’ve seen guys going for S3-Pelt1-Rode3-Murm. I was thinking of going S2-Pelt1-Rode3-Shinobi-Murm. So I have a couple of questions:

1.) How is the experience of not having Iron Hook in PvP as a Murm? Are you having a hard time?
2.) Would my build suffer because I went for S2 instead of S3?
3.) I saw that 3:1 dex:con is good, does that mean I am going for Sissel as well?