Tree of Savior Forum

I love this game

Hmm look at IRO. Warp Portal puts in p2w costume boxes every month. Does a very bad job of banning bots like IMC. IRO server is years behind the kRO parent and even private servers in content.

But amazingly the server is still well and alive…there are plenty of people who either don’t care about p2w cash shops or actively support it buying boxes every week…and that’s why Gacha will come to TOS. Because it’s much better to please the smaller p2w folk than the large amount of leeching players.

IRO hovers around 3k players on one server while Steam TOS has 5k on six servers. I’d say Steam TOS will soon merge their servers into one NA/SA/EU and one SEA.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Whats the point having more people repeating the game but don’t spend any cash currency? Players spend the most during the first month of trying a game if they are somewhat interested, and most of them will lose interest and quit after that. Even if the remainder will possibly spend in the future, the chance and amount is low, especially for a game where you can buy most stuff using in-game currency. It is way more efficient to attract more new customers to renew the cycle but…its IMC we are talking about…

*even for gacha system, it is more likely for new players to enjoy the system because ‘old players’ tend to resist changes.

2 Likes

Ive been playing eso this past week. There is a bug where you cant complete the event achievement and it wont be fixed til monday. This bug was here for the whole week or longer. Today i d/c right before final boss. 2 days ago the whole server was laggy and unplayable. If you que for a specific dungeon it could take over an hour to get in. Of course, you can play while que and you could que for all of the dungeons at once.

Just pointing out there are problems in every game.

As for the rng boxes, i dont see the problem if there isnt anything p2w. eso is getting the same exact thing actually. With a seperate currency if you get the something you already have which you can turn in for other things. People are reacting the same way on their forums that some people here are lol.

I believe in OP. They love the game, which is half the battle.

Stop talking about whos love/quit whatever else… come on help me T.T

1 Like

i used to play maplestory created by nexon. It used to be a great game until when you can only get end game item from gacha box and you need to buy cube from cash shop to get +%stat on eq.

With the way ktos is going im sure these type of p2w material will coming soon.If you think thing will improve soon it wont happen.The game is done for and im done with mmo for good.

1 Like

Did you mean to reply to me? I was just bullshiting with dad guy. I’ll try and reply with something meaningful but I’m not sure of the context.

I agree that established players have no reason to use the non-cosmetic gachas outside of hardcore PvP/GvG/PvE (because of the apples). Even the tokens themselves are a minor financial inconvenience. But it is damaging to IMC’s brand to have gambling mechanics internationally.

And further it’s worse to have gambling mechanics tied to upgrade components or things of great value–in the case of their 2nd gacha cube. Fighting against the gacha cubes… particularly the 2nd one is a benefit for players wanting to protect ToS in the long term.

The more annoying or in your face P2W is, for American markets, the less likely players will stay with a F2P game for a long time. It’s not nearly as bad as old F2P tactics like painfully small inventories. Compared to those days we’re very comfortable. And it would be in the players’ and IMC’s best interest to keep it that way.

I’m not sure what IMC can do to increase earnings here. WoW’s version of tokens has a price floor. But I’m not sure that would fit well since there is such a difference between silver that can be gained by an established player and a new one. And you don’t want to make tokens through silver completely unobtainable for new players. Perhaps putting a weekly token or two in mid level quests for lowbies. Like the bramble quest. It’s complex and annoying enough botters would have trouble with it. And then you could go with WoW’s method of a forced price floor.

Path of Exile is the poster child for non p2w MMO

No deep meaning there. I was just saying the best way for IMC to fix the long queue time is by somehow attract new players. The methods will be something they have to decide themselves. However, with all the bad impression and reputation ToS/IMC has made up till now, it is kinda too late for this.

1 Like

Yes and no… There are success stories of games change their reputations around. FFXIV being the biggest. Tera to some small degree people tell me. Maplestory with their cosmetic only server. Even perfect world entertainment was going to develop a game without their hallmark P2W cash shop–a traditional B2P game.

Tbh… You could say it’s fashionable thing to do right now.

Give ToS a couple years to get their act together… And pull one of the moves like the above they could repopulate. If you’ve been on these forum you know how many people check in to see how things are going(generally leaving in disgust afterward however). People expect ToS to improve still.

SquareEnix is a huge company that does almost everything ranging from online games, offline games, music, selling merchandise. Even their number of employees is almost as many as number of players in ToS…IMC on the other hand is a small unnamed company with no backings unlike SquareEnix. IMC staffs have no prior experience if I’m not wrong. EnMasse is kinda like IMC but their staffs are experienced. Maplestory is a 2D game so it is kinda weird to compare with ToS. Nexon is a successful huge company. Maplestory and ToS both under Nexon are good and I can see them go further, but not the ToS under IMC. ToS under IMC probably wont last a couple of years but I’d have higher expectation from IMC after a couple of years.

1 Like

Mmm no ToS’s team is actually old hat. They made Grando Espada which was of great acclaim(it still gets patches believe it or not), though it became marketed here as a P2W mess(so don’t bother), and part of the team made the original Ragnarok Online. Along with a few odd end things and console games.

They’re an old company game development standards. And they’re killing it in japan… Doing ok in Korean. And not to mention had a massive start with iToS which was a huge sack of loot.

http://www.imc.co.kr/IMC_EN_HISTORY

Despite what doomknights and hueknights may say… They aren’t going anywhere.

1 Like

2 Likes

*shrug

/20characters

2 Likes

1 Like

Indifference.

/20characters

1 Like

Indifference.

/20huehuehues

I love this game but seeing how my favorite class has very little end game potential killed what little will I have left of playing. I’ll miss you ToS :frowning:

They can only Merge servers if the TP pricing allows it.

If we get Orsha/Klai/SIlute merge,the SIlute players will just quit because it would’ve been unfair.