Tree of Savior Forum

I honestly ASK: When onmyoji + shadow is going to be nerfed?

I know it can be repetitive, but it’s becoming really annoying the waiting for this nerf, 'cause since the beginning, it has been just impossible to play against these classes. You just have to look at the top TBL players, GTW and Gemstone players. People that actually like PvP is quitting the game, 'cause there is no fair play when one of these classes is on the game… I’ve seen far more than 30 players that I personally know stopping the trajectory on the game in the last three months 'cause of these unbalanced issues. What more IMC needs to know to take action? To really do something? How many have to stop for they fix these unbalanced things?

1 Like

Onmyo is going to receive a nerf in pvp, the damage taken will consume more sp or smth
not sure if it’s gonna change much since whale pots can almost make them immortal
and shadow a nerf on … shadow pool (limited to 2.5sec)
tos was never made for pvp in the first place and the pple in charge of balancing it are completely oblivious to what’s in game.
i don’t know what server you’re on, but on fedi it’s the same thing, new player (and old) are just fed up with this crap and many are leaving too

they don’t care
whale > new players
and guess which one of those two is profiting the most of pvp imbalance ? :3

2 Likes

I don’t know what kind of human being is on the charge of these stuffs, but I’m sure he HAS to be fired. There’s no sense on doing these kind of stuffs on the game, and it lasts for months or years. Since the beginning, you see people quitting for stuffs like that, and no one gives a ■■■■… Like, WTF man! Someone NEEDS TO stop who’s doing these king of things… They’re losing players, they’re losing money, and no one gives a ■■■■… We have a lot of classes, skills, engineering, and ALL OF THIS is trash 'cause of these shitty classes.

I was watching the stream of “Tsai Tom” (tomgo32000 in this forum) the last few days and he says genbu is not good now in Ktos (this doesn’t mean Omny is bad, Ying Yang is still OP all the huge AoEs too), in a match of gem feud a wizz with genbu recibe the entire damage and I don’t know why the armor break but the SP is not depleted, and when he show the TBL rank was 0 wizz in top 10, I guess something happen…
(he says not too much people is playing TBL right now)

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/BmOiIKiWiGs?t=1590

I Don’t know what happen with shadow meme…

Genbu Armor is being nerfed in the next content update that IToS receives.

2 Likes

Is that the “arts” update?

Maybe Oct?

Whatever the next content update is. :distinguished: If that turns out to be arts, then yes it will be arts.

We get content updates from KToS roughly every two months, though the last couple have been slightly less than two months. The last content update we got was August 20th, so… ahem.

1 Like

jeez
im so sick of these nerf request from PVP section and the classes end up nerfed in PVE as well.
like cmon IMC, you can nerf it in PVP only
im not omny shadow player, in fact im never into PVP, and many of my build nerfed because i know it was so good in PVP. and now it turn into sh*t in PVE,playabale but never get compensate to be as good as it used to
and if its too good for PVP is that means its too good for PVE as well? no
all those good classes/build are suffer from nerfing just because of this request of dream to get a balance PVP

and jeez
wake up dude,
PVP will never get balance
mention one MMORPG PVP that balance.noone.
there will always be meta class, meta team, carry etc
especially for a game with dozen of classes, build,skills,effect like tos
instead ask for nerf ask for buff duh
i like the recent what people called it powercreep to get every other classes get close to some point
this are what you supposed to do IMC!!
and stop doing nerfing.you just losing integrity because of changing everything you have done. did you even doing research or at least calculation before implementing stuff?cmon man
people are not quitting because of PVP but more of because players behave like this and because their build get nerf because of PVP selfish request

too bad, this argument is invalid if majority of request comes from whales
i wont sign up to be a whale in a beta game that constantly like changing stuffs a.k.a nerfing

I know PvP will never be balanced, but at least not TOO broken, things like Genbu Armor, Hallucination, can be nerfed very easy to not be broken at least, Shield push from Rode, just 1 OH is enough if is not a bugged skill, damage from lancer just need to be less to at least kill in 2 knockdowns and not in the first, there is not too much broken things in the game to balance in PvP but IMC decided to do it in the wrong way and change a lot of thing that not need to be touch and we only can cry in the forum…

And the problem with Onmy/Warlock/Shadow is simply, they have everything, OP survavility Genbu - Hallu - Shadow Pool - Teleport, Huge AoE damage with onmy Skills, OP DoT damage with warlock skills, Undogeable/unblokeable damage that ignores DEF and RANGED and 4 OH applies BLIND and Low CD WTF (I really want to cry in this moment), 1 Shot skill with the warlock spirits AND these spirit give some survivability agains low AoE skills, anything else?

The other OPs classes just have 1 or 2 skills that makes them OP, not ALL of them.

Don’t worry, Shadowmancer is going to be nerfed that it won’t be that good in PVP, and become ABSOLUTELY TRASH IN PVE. I guess that is what you guys want.

you have absolutely no idea how many whales DONT currently play warlock+shadow+omnyoji and wont tryhard reroll
only a small portion of the whales are tryhard PvP players, most barely ever reroll. Honestly, I think TOS has lost more whales than it gained in money because of this though.

But then again, they lost so many good and active STRONG players (whale or not) because of the lvl 3 boruta seal break bullshit already, theyre probably just waiting for the game to die

that “30% chance of randomly losing 1billion” is the stupidiest idea ever had
overpowered omnyoji+ overpowered shadow is only the second worst

PS: I’m looking at my magic stones and my 2x lvl 2 seals sitting on my inventory right now… maybe another day, dont want to quit today

1 Like

yes yes it is and it isnt enough

Nerf Omni+shadow, then nerf ■■■■■■■ lancers and swordman in general pls.
/tired

Right now, if you were to nerf Onmy/Shadowmancer, players will just reroll to another class that is just as unkillable. Swordsmen are just as tanky and mobile as Onmyoji/SM; they’re just melee so it’s slightly less frustrating.

The other problem is with Wizard classes in PvP as a whole. Every class pretty much sucks except for those 3, and Warlock (which has its own problems). Cryo got nerfed into oblivion. Sage SFRs are far too low to be viable. FF is too inconsistent without Cryo. Ele is a worse version of Onmy. And everything else is just unsuitable for PvP. If Onmy/SM gets nerfed, then Wizards are going to just vanish from PvP like Archers did. Hope you enjoy Swordsmen wailing on each other for 700 years.

There needs to be wider changes than just nerfing Genbu. All of the tanky classes need to be significantly less tanky, and Wizard/Archer at least need a hard look at why 80% of the classes in those trees are actually unplayable in PvP.

1 Like

These three classes is the only ones who’s almost imortal, 'cause of genbu, and I saw a lot of swords with 200k+ HP getting killed with a single wave of spirits. So, everyone can be killed, except for these three…

1 Like

I mean IMC has had some pretty bad ideas but this one is almost certainly only 2nd worst to the initial implementation of Boruta itself.

It’s not a hypothetical though, both already got nerfed in KR and we will receive those nerfs. Sadly, Hallucination hasn’t been touched (yet).

These are support classes, not intended to be damage dealers.

There were. Magic Shield got nerfed, and there are other nerfs as well.

You’re absolutely right that this was a terrible idea. The only thing to be thankful for is that the bonuses this provides are not that important. Most bonuses provided to set skills are not great and can be skipped without making this gamble. The 1 billion cost is rapidly decreasing due to the shift to guild Boruta, as the number of items Boruta provides has increased.

Some skills now break Genbu on contact.

The one thing I don’t get is why can’t you nerf Shadowmancer and Onmyoji PVP while not nerfing in PVE? Shadow Thorn will get a range nerf but this nerf literally make no sense to be implemented in PVE when it already is a trash PVE class.

2 Likes

Bruh Rodelero Shield Push Bug