Tree of Savior Forum

I find miko kinda lackluster

Not only miko. Every hidden class is lackluster, aside from Chaplain… which is the most simple to get :frowning:

Ironic, isn’t it?:sweat:

this is basically what im saying about post patch chap miko inq…

the reason that miko is a very good pick for chap inq pre patch was because hamaya is stronger than frostcloud and last 20 secs… now this is gone…

also, there was a very op synergy between miko and inq that can nuke bosses very fast… this can be done either with full spr or full int… now this is gone…

all of this strong pre patch stuff about miko is gone and yet advancement quest is still annoying as before… im not surprised if people find miko lackluster …

1 Like

Appraiser is useful… if your a SR, since overestimate would buff the pistol, and Blindside hit likes a truck so its good for single targets. My 130 ish archer hits for 15k with blindside lv 1 or 2 Its good for bosses/elites. Was thinking of 5 identify, 3 over estimate 5 blindside then toss the remaining into devaulation. Ranger3 may be more useful to me now at R5, but once I get SR at rank 6 i’d barely be using the ranger stuff anymore, so Appraiser seemed like a much better/more useful in the longrun fit due to Blindside and Over estimate.

Appraiser isn’t really lackluster though. Sometimes I wonder how does a magnifying glass deal more damage than a cannon ball… and just showing the lens will induce a critical on the monster too. :confounded:

@Scyris

Prior to the great rebalance, Hamaya was a very good skill. It lasted 18 secs and has soft crowd control by rooting the monsters (due to the number of hits per second + hit stun). Which is why many players flocked to join the ranks of shrine maidens, aside from the cute costume.

Now with the nerfs, Miko is mainly kept in builds due to the reason of either roleplaying with cute costumes or time and effort used to get the class previously.

Gohei is still good though imo. 333% per swing of gohei deals quite a fair bit of damage for builds that doesn’t spec into Chaplain.

Yeah Mainly gohei is crap if you have chaplain, but for other combos that do not have chaplain it is a fairly good skill. Its just for my purposes of having it with chaplain its not that useful. Also believe it or not it took me alot longer to do the appraiser quest compared to miko, the miko quest took me half the time. I’d be happy with Hamaya as it currently is if it still had that soft CC part so they can’t just walk out of it.

I like Appraiser, but it’s not rly that strong to be an hidden class. I loved the concept of hidden classes, but after this reset event I resetted both miko and RC.

My problem is that a hidden class, which takes hours to achieve, should be something interesting and versatile, if not powerful. On the contrary, hidden classes are very limiting and usually resort to a single skill that everybody use (I’m looking at you, Bunshin).

What I hope for is a rework and the opportunity for the players who opened them to reset their char, like it will happen with Templars. But I learned to never hope with ToS, if it happens it happens, otherwise I move on :slight_smile:

Yeah I felt really let down after the time and boredom that was the miko quest that it felt so lackluster. Even appraiser felt better and only skill I have in it atm is blindside. I also really like the outfit and I hate most archer female outfits. I do like the simple archer outfit, i’ll prob wear it once my alt accts I made to get one for each class can trade on the 31st. I like the swordie and cleric ones too. I made 3 spare accts so I could get the simple costume for each class. They are honestly better than alot of the default costumes some of the classes come with.

As for Shinobi, Bushin is useful, as is the suicide bomb (4500 hp is nothing if you only use it in a party with a healer), and the other aoe nuke ain’t bad. To bad I can’t fit shinobi into a fencer build. That 8 hit attack skill with like a bunch of clones doing it at the same time with a 50% damage boost would be insane. Might literally melt a boss in 1 skill. It can be done actually but you would need rank 9 to get fencer 3. Right now you could get as high as fencer 2 with shinobi I believe, which still would be a pretty good combo. Assuming shinobi skills will work with rapier’s. Not to mention that 8 hit attack skill would look cool as hell with you and 5 clones all doing it at the same time, it’d be literally a deathwall.

imo, chap as hidden class is 'easier to get than other hidden classes because chap needs 3 ranks of priest. maybe the other portion of chaplain pre advancement quests come from completing 3ranks of priest?? and we’re also locked in with a 5 rank cleric melee autoattacker… also, chap is strong because priest got buffed… chap is still the same afaik…

It’s easier and quicker to make 3 ranks of Priest and Chap than a single gohei spirit :smiley:

nothing hard or difficult about miko pre advance quest. you just need to wait or get lucky. you can get spirit within secs if youre lucky…

Lol, are you trying to say that miko quest is easy and chap one not because you need 3 class advancement? And the argument is that you can make it in seconds if you’re lucky?

Come on, be serious. Otherwise we can start make a count of how many of us got lucky on spirits and the ones who found difficult getting Chaplain.
By my experience, it took me 11 hours to make the hidden miko quest and more than 3 hours to level a rank 1 cleric to rank 5 Chap.

you said a single gohei spirit… i think youre not serious…

waiting is not hard, it’s just annoying… i think youre just annoyed about waiting for spirit… maybe getting annoyed means hard for you idk…

Man, you said that the hidden chap quest is easier because you need to complete 3 rank of priest. Well, 3 rank of priest are so easy to do that nobody would break a sweat doing it.

Miko is hard because you need patience. But hey, you can just get lucky and collect 6 spirits in seconds!
That said, I gave you how much time it took me to gain both. Why don’t you tell me how much lucky have you got on the miko quest and how much labor it took you to reach r5?

well, we’re also stuck with 3 ranks of priest… thats 3 ranks down for chaps build diversity… maybe some people dont have patience thats why waiting is hard for them??? like i said idk…

I’m still waiting to know how much time it took you to get your miko, since you’re saying it’s simple.

It’s useless to repeat yourself over the fact that you’re stuck with 3 ranks of priest. You already said that, countless times.
My first comment was about how easy is to get chap compared to miko. You came here and said your point, now prove it.
I have both classes and gave you how much time it took me to get both. What about you? How much lucky were you on the miko hidden quest?

yes, miko pre adv quests are simple because it doesn’t require any skills at all… all you need to do is basically wait…

my experiences with getting miko is irrelevant because for me waiting is not hard or difficult… it’s just a matter of either waiting long unitl i get spirit or i got lucky and get the spirit much sooner…

I dunno about @ArcturMenks but my Miko(quest) only took one day(done it on a weekend) in over all.
Reaching R5 isn’t the problem, Chap is fixed from Priest3, meanwhile you can fit Miko in almost any magic build even with Chap~.

And by the way, you’re comparing an r5 to an r6, its obvious that the latter will take longer to get to.

Thread wise
Miko was a monster(a cute one) before.
Gohei was a universal ass wiper ‘all buffs/debuffs begone!’ all in a wave of her stick.
Hamaya was the holy FrostCloud that made Elememes wet cos,’ it could even hit flying.
Clap gave Dievs Unlimited cocksandbitchesOwls and Goddesses works.
KaguraDance made all the melee wish they have a Miko gf to help them out.

The tone down it got was justified imo, Miko is still a uniquely good one circle wonder class, she just had her godly specs dragged down to the realm of mortals for ‘balancing’ reasons.

I use to play a C2Kriv2PardMikoTao and had switched to C2ChapMikoTao since Zaibas got gutted out. And I’m having a nice time playing support for parties, I’ll probly go back to my old build if Zaibas gets buffed up.

Only true until you wield a Vienarasis Mace. Then they’ll practically be background decor to you. Unless they’re wielding a better weapon. :smiley:

We were talking about how easy is it to get a class compared to the other. My point is quite simple: getting miko is more complicated than getting chap.
On the other side it seems to me that @ArcturMenks’s assumptions are based on someone else’s experiences. That’s why I put my own experience on the table, while on the other side we get nothing more than a “if you’re lucky it takes seconds…”

Honestly, the comparison about r5 and r6 doesn’t rly stand, imho. Shino is r7 and it’s easier to get than miko. Appraiser is r5 and it’s harder than shino. For my experience ranks doesn’t matter that much on advancement or hidden quests.