Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter after patch stats

I long for the removal of pet AI and the insertion of a pet sprite around the hunter…
Truly the only thing I hate the most about hunter, is the travel time the pet has to go through thanks to the lackluster pathfinding.

I’ve been going to 5 v 5. I’ve encountered people with highblock. Hunter has aided me little. as I just went in, threw an arrow and let sonic strike deal with the rest. As I’ve said, everything kind of oneshots. The other side included.

They should drop Pointing from our skills and give us “Heel” instead, causing the pet to stay tightly at the Hunter’s side ready to immediately engage his commands.

Best of all worlds. We still get the cute roaming pet, so does everyone else, yet we as the animal trainers get a highly trained pet that stays at heel on command. Like a properly trained attack animal.

I can’t speak for 5v5. Fedimian doesn’t do 5v5s anymore unless they’re pre-organised in the pvp discord, which I don’t participate in. So only 2v2 is available for quickplay in any TBL session. I’m looking forwards to the consolidation down to 3v3 only.

I mostly agree with Sonic Strike + arrow being the main thing you have to do. Although R7X is a seriously painful pain, especially at round start with the pre-emptive bug.

5 v 5 for a falconer is easy, less work than in 2 v 2.
Also a lot of luxury, you get your own ausrine and revenged, like the enemy team.
2 v 2 is so much more random, you either get a cleric with revenged or ausrine. Or the enemy team did.

The only thing I hate when neither team has a cleric is an archer with cloaking. Hounding is too slow, pheasant is too slow. They oneshot me from the shadows.

That’s interesting. Ausrine? I haven’t seen that on Fedimian in forever. It’s just not really in use over here anymore.

Everything here is R7X and stoneskin + full con + blocking, for clerics. And Hexing + Puppet stab stab stab you’re dead gg.

While the top swordsman are using Rodelero knockdown with Murmillo’s helmet and 70k hp to tank through and ignore any magic and attacks until you’re on your back and dead.

Everything else is not a concern at all, except perhaps sorcerors because their field of 600000 bats making targeting impossible. Cata Rush is occasionally scary but completely countered with Hanging Shot, it drives me nuts when the bird gets stuck in Hovering and refuses to use Hanging Shot for the rest of a match though.

I’ve found great rejoice cowering inside a safety zone while using pheasant to remove revenged.

There are less swordsmen in Silute, I find a lot of mixture when I enter the arena, The most common thing I saw probably were clerics.

Catarush? safety zone plus hovering. I see them go in and out. Some even forget to put on pain barrier.

Safety zone abuse to remove R7X. Gosh why didn’t I think of that? I think I’ve been a very silly person. Gonna have to pay more attention to how I can use teammate abilities better.

The attack is not 288% * 6 but 251% * 6 for level 10 Sonic Strike xD
That’s a huge damage difference.

But yeah, Rush Dog isn’t that good.
Level 15 doesn’t even deal twice the damage of level 1 [ 1110% vs 630% = 1 : 0,57], so it’s a total waste of points just for killing a few bosses. Non-bosses will die easily when you have a high Coursing/Snatching/Retrieve level instead.

I just have level 1 Rush Dog for damage + stun[saves a lot of SP, 38 instead of 100], spreading my points throughout the other skills.

Can i use other skills when i used Circling ? I mean does Falcon cancel Circling or it actually uses other skill while Circling in effect ?

Whoos fixed! Might’ve read the one above when checking it! Still a bonus 30% from the extra damage attribute Falconer gets.

Every Falconer attackskill you use during Circling will make the Falcon start executing the new skill instead. You have to understand that Circling is basically a casting animation followed by putting up a huge AoE circle on the ground followed by an animation of the Falcon “circling” around this AoE.

If you cancel too early, your Falcon will not put down the Circling AoE and instead execute the new command, but once the AoE is created on the ground, you’re free to use Sonic Strike, Hovering, Pheasant to cancel the animation and get him to use the selected skill instead while the Circling AoE will last the full 10 seconds nethertheless.

1 Like

I’m playing as Hunter 3 and Falconer 3…

This is my Feedback…

The Class overall got so much buffed… Rushdog now can CRIT and is related to your physical damage. So now you have pretty much 2 skills with 5s CD that deal really good AoE damage: Sonic Strike and Rush Dog.

Snatching suffered a BIG nerf, the duration goes down from 30s to only 5… and the damage have the worst escale.

Retrieve is indeed a nice skill too, but coursing is much more usefull in PVE.

Growling can be combined with Retrieve or Coursing ONLY if the target is INSIDE your pet… Your pet will bite the enemy and it will not stop Growling… so use heavy shot or Full Draw to push enemies towards your pet…

Falconer is just as good as the people on this topic says…
Aiming and growling, you have the perfect crowd control…

So… yeah… Hunter 2 or 3 worth it… Falconer 3… worth it so much…

Later

Pet ai is getting bad, without feeding them its worst. During boss fight, they get ko easily while standing like a cute little doggy waiting for its master while you command it to rush attack but it just stay there. It seems, the range for it to work is base on your pet radius, ,not charater radius.

Pet AI was always bad… but yeah… on boss fights he’s pretty much useless… but since this is not a DPS class its ok…
If you want a DPS class, go for mergen…

Rush dog could always crit, its just that pre-patch it was based on your pets crit and not your own

1 Like

Unless you ride it, close enough to use pet skill.

Hunter best skill
Coursing, does certain monster still immune to it?
Snatching, best vs flying and boss
Rush dog, pet need to be close go enemy to use
Growling, certain monster still immune to it?

Just a question added to your list

Growling, any use for pvp ?

@xiao_sky

There are still CC immune enemies.
These enemies will be immune to coursing, retrieve and growling. @greyhiem has a topic listing these enemies, here [Info] List of special & status resist mobs (link resist, more...)

@Narayan since release it never has had any place in PvP. The enemies do turn blue, but, nothing happens.

Thx ! Didn’t now if any change did appear with the “big” patch

COURSING SKILL not a strike type damage anymore?

Nope, all Hunter damage skills lost their attribute except for Rush Dog.
I guess Hunter is only interesting for Cannoneers now.