Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter after patch stats

Hey guys, i was wondering what stats do you use as hunter C3 now with the new patch. i’m feeling like dexterity is useless, as i’m doing archer2 hunter3 and will be going falconeer3. but i need some opinion : / what stats do YOU guys have ?

1 Like

bump cuz i wanna know to and have the same build D:

Used tested high dex/mixed/high str. I would guess that high str is the best choice, but it dependes on your build. Points in con: depends on your equips, and maybe you some dex if you rely on basic attacks, as for me ( hunter c3/falc c3 ) I totally prefer full str. I have nice hp and found no use in basic attacks.

i felt the same, but having someone else telling you these things feel reassuring, alright!

I play Archer3>Hunter2>Falconer 2 (soon to be C3) and I think that having a little more widespread stats pretty useful.
Currently I’m planning for 120 DEX>90 SPR>90 CON>60 STR [these are the points invested, not the stats], so far it’s pretty nice to play this way (still lacking ~40 STR & 30 CON because of my level). Of course my damage is a little lower but the extra HP and SP regeneration surely help a lot, and DEX is a nice boost when I crit & for spamming skills, so a little DEX is always good to have.

Also, a question: afaik when Growling is active,you can’t use your Hunter skills or Growling will be canceled, so what are you going to do while your pet growls? Just waiting for the Falcon to kill off the monsters?

If you want to use some Archer skills in the meantime, you better have some DEX to use them fast enough or to boost your attack with Kneeling Shot & pick them one by one while also passively boosting your Falcons attack (the attackbonus from Kneeling Shot also affects the Falcons Sonic Strike & Hovering damage).

Btw, you get boosted critchance against monsters caught by Coursing, another point where investing into DEX proves useful.

You can,of course,go full STR to have best basedamage, but you get diminishing results as the game progresses and more& more damage comes from weapon & transcendence rather than STR. And there’s a life ahead past Rank 8 with new Classes that will be thankful for a little DEX invested to spam their skills faster :smiley:

I’d like to point out that enemies are unable to damage you at all, when under growling. Also, if you boost your AoE atk ratio through items, sonic strike will hit more targets. Since you’ve got a blob of enemies centered around growling. You’ll most likely hit as few as 5 enemies, more with more AoE atk ratio.

Combined with a decent weapon, you’ll be killing quite quick, with 0 risk. Add circling with the attribute and you kill even faster. Growling is an insurance, that you’ll get to keep when rank 9 appears.

I’m planning this future falconeer to turn into a future Minstrel, when the job comes out, which will defintely be in a year or two xD But yeah, i’ve been overall disappointed with a mix of stats, as i just do coursing on everything every four seconds and they die, so i felt like dex was useless, and growling is being useless for the moment too. maybe im not high level enough, that’s very problematic that i can’t know what i’m going to be made of when i’m at lvl155…

Hunter isn’t really your damage with F3. Hawk attacks are, or circling+multishot.

Crit actually works on this build because you get 160 from Swift Step and another 160 from kneeling.

Crits on multishot duplicated using Circling:Expand do a lot.

It’s a mistake to look at the dog as your damage, you’ll primarily use your pet for Growling while gathering mobs to do the circling+multishot combo.

Do you know Rush Dog outdmg Sonic Strike and has 5sc cd?
Everyone that plays hunter/falc plays it for cc in pvp and for cleaning in pve.
This is not boss killer build.

The pet does alright dmg to multi target alone and TOTALLY WRECKS with
Circling expand.

No longer the case, rush dog is multiplied by 5, sonic strike by 6.

CC in PvP from hunter no longer exist. It last for 2 seconds. Remember that all durations were set to 5 seconds, coursing is at 5.5 seconds. Yet the halved duration vs player character still remains.

I’ve already experienced these changes in PvP, not that they matter now. Everything just oneshots, rush dog included.

Please don’t say things that are false. It will give the incorrect information to other players that use the forum for important info.

Sonic Strike lv 10
251% atk * 6
+30% attribute
+50% attribute

Rush Dog lv 15
222% atk * 5
+50% attribute

Rush Dog does NOT out damage Sonic Strike.

Besides that, I don’t know why the 5second CD matters. Pre-emptive Strike uses Sonic Strike every 5seconds and you don’t have to press a skill button every 5seconds stopping you from doing something else in order to use it.

Rush Dog is certainly strong. But Sonic Strike is an order of magnitude stronger. In the region of double the strength when all attributes and the fact it is *6 instead of *5 are considered.

I don’t agree with @Composition though. CC on Hunter still works. We only get 10-12 seconds of it though and then our CDs need to reset for a few seconds. I’m finding that you can perma CC with Hunter/Falconer by using Hovering during the last 2.5seconds CD of Coarsing. The trick is just timing your rotations correctly. Of course, this all forces you to be focused on a single target. No more taking 1 player out of the fight for 15 seconds at a time. But we still have Full Draw for that anyway so no concerns there to be honest.

I was able to CC a cleric for 5 or 6 rotations of retrieve/coarsing/hovering earlier today in TBL in order to get past their incessant blocking and prevent recasts of R7X/StoneSkin

You can put % to me, but real dmg will not change.
I know you are right in your math, but this is not the only skill
in witch IMC release false data; even being x5 and less %,
still doing more dmg in reality. Rush dog > Sonic

Why? Still wanna know to.

And I disagree over “Everything just oneshots”…
Tanks don’t, and they are very hard to deal with.

As everybody knows,
well equipped tanks are the most OP thing in tos pvp:
They have nice dmg, and don’t die
And here enters hunters as hard counters to them.

Interesting.
To be honest, With my weapon, I’m more than able to just kill someone with one retrieve.
If I ever get to use retrieve… People just die with hovering, they throw themselves at it.

With both coursing and retrieve we get 8 seconds of CC on a single individual. In 8 seconds, he’s probably long dead.

1 retrieve will kill for me too, if the attacks hit. The issue tends to be Block Block Block Block Block Block.

I think it’s 10seconds, not 8. The little time between the re-grabs adds an extra second as the enemy has to stand up after the dog releases them. This regrab time adds up a little bit.

Not that it matters too much as we’re not in super-competitive-moba-thinking, yet. But if pvp starts to pick up after a rebalance those small differences will start to matter. I can imagine that there will also be an increased focus on removal of bugs going down the line which excites me a lot.

I long for the removal of pet AI and the insertion of a pet sprite around the hunter…
Truly the only thing I hate the most about hunter, is the travel time the pet has to go through thanks to the lackluster pathfinding.

I’ve been going to 5 v 5. I’ve encountered people with highblock. Hunter has aided me little. as I just went in, threw an arrow and let sonic strike deal with the rest. As I’ve said, everything kind of oneshots. The other side included.

They should drop Pointing from our skills and give us “Heel” instead, causing the pet to stay tightly at the Hunter’s side ready to immediately engage his commands.

Best of all worlds. We still get the cute roaming pet, so does everyone else, yet we as the animal trainers get a highly trained pet that stays at heel on command. Like a properly trained attack animal.

I can’t speak for 5v5. Fedimian doesn’t do 5v5s anymore unless they’re pre-organised in the pvp discord, which I don’t participate in. So only 2v2 is available for quickplay in any TBL session. I’m looking forwards to the consolidation down to 3v3 only.

I mostly agree with Sonic Strike + arrow being the main thing you have to do. Although R7X is a seriously painful pain, especially at round start with the pre-emptive bug.

5 v 5 for a falconer is easy, less work than in 2 v 2.
Also a lot of luxury, you get your own ausrine and revenged, like the enemy team.
2 v 2 is so much more random, you either get a cleric with revenged or ausrine. Or the enemy team did.

The only thing I hate when neither team has a cleric is an archer with cloaking. Hounding is too slow, pheasant is too slow. They oneshot me from the shadows.

That’s interesting. Ausrine? I haven’t seen that on Fedimian in forever. It’s just not really in use over here anymore.

Everything here is R7X and stoneskin + full con + blocking, for clerics. And Hexing + Puppet stab stab stab you’re dead gg.

While the top swordsman are using Rodelero knockdown with Murmillo’s helmet and 70k hp to tank through and ignore any magic and attacks until you’re on your back and dead.

Everything else is not a concern at all, except perhaps sorcerors because their field of 600000 bats making targeting impossible. Cata Rush is occasionally scary but completely countered with Hanging Shot, it drives me nuts when the bird gets stuck in Hovering and refuses to use Hanging Shot for the rest of a match though.

I’ve found great rejoice cowering inside a safety zone while using pheasant to remove revenged.

There are less swordsmen in Silute, I find a lot of mixture when I enter the arena, The most common thing I saw probably were clerics.

Catarush? safety zone plus hovering. I see them go in and out. Some even forget to put on pain barrier.

Safety zone abuse to remove R7X. Gosh why didn’t I think of that? I think I’ve been a very silly person. Gonna have to pay more attention to how I can use teammate abilities better.