Tree of Savior Forum

How to report someone bot?

I found someone botting, not answering my chat and auto attack all the time spamming, but still can rotate towards the monster when they comes. . . the map is Tenet Church 1F (map lv44) and he’s like lv 57 already. . .

I’ve just been sending the screenshots in a private message to the staff. I don’t know why everyone keeps posting it in public threads.

1 Like

In this case I don’t think he’s bot, I believe he just put something on top of “z” and left the character in a place where he has a wide angle that can aim multiple mobs, it’s kind of afk farming (if your weapon don’t break and you die), a lot of people did this back in closed beta.

I remember a time in ICBT2 where we would use red monster gems from Lv 150+ monsters near them and let them get killed. I know it’s bad, but imagine the person’s face when he logs back in.

3 Likes

And that’s basically what botting is. It doesn’t really matter if it’s mechanical one or purely sofware based. Making that kind of distinction to justify it sounds rather silly to me.

I’ve exchanged comments with a few players on this forum already and none of them have come up with proper reasons why this should be allowed other than that they like to abuse game systems any way possible if they can and none of them seemed to be capable of thinking how it would affect the other players’ gameplay.

Here’s a list of reasons from my other reply. I’ll just copy-paste it since people keep spamming new threads about the same topic over and over again:

3 Likes

dont worry. the game is about having fun. and meet friendly people. but doing bot? i dont think so, they miss half of the game doing dungeon parties.

The game allows you to do that without any external programs, it is not something punishable, but I do agree this should not be possible. For now I don’t really care about it because we have many other important problems in the game and also people can’t do that at higher levels because mobs are just too strong. In the future when other things get corrected maybe they should rework this system.