Tree of Savior Forum

How to Gear +23?

Glad to read your senseless lie.

Maybe it will make Memester like your post and start a trollfest again…

No… wait, I’m out. Talking about the troll. Have a nice night o/

runs away, he’s replying to this topic

Everything I don’t like is trolling

typical

I dont read much the forum, but i spotted right away the c**kyboy, so i guess you’re the superhero here.

Amirite ?

There wouldn’t be so many bad rumours related to anvil enhancement if the mechanic wasn’t so badly designed.
And the frequent demonstrations of how the game is prone to abuse only add fuel to the fire.

3 Likes

2 of those are from the recent event, and he managed to get both to very high enhance with no problemos. He could certaintly have had a stroke of luck and/or done a lot of enhances before. But i know nobody with even close to as many well-enhanced items, yet i see him in klaipeda ch1 all the time. How can he afford all that enhancing and afking in town at the same time :thinking: :thinking:

only 2.5k in like 3years? Pretty noob ‘boss’ :haha:

So, might we go back on topic?

If you think that enhancement-related exploit currently exists could you explain how do you think they happen?

Example:
My opinion from the assumption they doesn’t exist is because:

Process:

1. Hit anvil.
  2. Anvil breaks.
  3. Weapon saved to the DB.

Your weapon isn’t changed until step 3 and on step 3 the result is already saved before you get feedback on client-side. I feel this leaves no room for exploit, unless you can somehow manipulate things unrelated to how your weapon is saved ><

And yours?

Reality check.

1 Like

Such accurate, much wow

thisguy

Why are you sure step 3 is synchronous?

We can’t say that exploits don’t exist, the best we can do is: “Since we have no evidence of recent exploits, we assume they don’t exist”. I think an agnostic approach is more intelligent for what you are trying to do.

Also, the claim: “Exploits exist in the game” is a non-falsifiable affirmation for us since we can’t monitor every player 24h, so is useless to try to “prove” anything.

2 Likes

I’m not sure they’re synchronous. It most likely isn’t.

The thing is: By the time you know you destroyed the anvil, be it sync or async functions, the server will already have built and started the transaction to the database.

It simply doesn’t matter on most implementations you can imagine about it.

I totally agree. The only problem is that our forum have certain users that loves to press it the other way around.

If we’re going to use agnostic approach, it should be used by both parties, right?

It simply doesn’t work here.

I’m not sure you read the previous discussions. It all started with players saying: “I’m sure exploits exists because people have +16 or more weapons and channels are crashing.”

After enough time, they gave up on their approach and started bringing it to other excuses but that have the same effect: try to convince others that anvil exploits exists.

What’s the common point of all this? Whenever you ask for proof for their affirmations, they just dodge the question.

This, sadly, isn’t just a clear discussion between two people wanting to reach a goal like agreeing or something. Unfortunately, it’s an endless, useless, “fight” of one person trying to convince others of something and spread it and someone else asking them for proofs or showing all evidence the situation is the other way around.

The simple reason none of the both sides never “wins” is exactly that there’s no reason to stop (or the other will continue doing the same) nor there’s a definitive proof since code is out of our both hands. Along with this, the side that keeps trying to spread the misinformation for some reason feels they don’t need to post a single evidence or example or argument to support his own claim.

Oh, for sure exploits exists, no one said otherwise.

The thing is: enhancement exploits were fixed pretty effectively in the past. I can’t find any viable room for exploiting it and no one else showed any in the last 2 years after the old one was fixed.

There were numerous rumors of it coming back, all false. I made sure to even stalk and gather info from a certain player in another server.

Result? Multiacc AFK Necro + tons of diamond anvils bought, to the point they gave some away to guildies for free after they were done.

So, in the end, how I am going to deal with this?

Until they actually provide a minimum evidence or supportive argument that supports their claim I’ll start all my arguments about this from the assumption no enhancement exploit exists currently and post my evidence and data to support my own arguments.

If they want to shut me up, simple! Do it by presenting enough convincing proof with an ok evidence and/or a really decent argument.

But tricks such as “hurr durr, you can’t deny it entirely, look at those +21 weapons” won’t work for anyone that did a minimum effort into actually really checking what’s the situation about.

Oh, I think it’s worth saying this here: I usually call those who start using these tricks as trolls, not instantly, obviously. You probably read somewhere someone saying I can everyone a troll.

Wanna know why I actually call them trolls?

It’s not that I’m calling them trolls because I disagree with them.

It’s simply because whenever they’re under pressure and can’t give any minimum evidence or argument they will just change topic or ignore the questions related to what they’re claiming. Sometimes this even ends in ad hominem like someone else before in this thread or meme generator images.

To finish this, while I agree 100% with you that we can’t monitor every player for 24 hours to make sure. There’s no need. There’s few reasons for that such as IMC have logs and that we can see the enhancement value on their weapons.

And in the same way, it’s should be also useless to try to prove a suspect weapon is exploited.

Just like I said before in my posts, we’re both affirm conflicting claims and no one can put a definitive proof.

In the end this simply gets a form of an argument from ignorance while we get nowhere:

Sorry for linking that old post, I’ll stop doing so.

Do you mind if I post a screenshot instead since that doesn’t notify you? Or is it actually about the post?

Evidence from 2016 is fine for me, that’s when the anvil exploits via channel crashing were fixed after all. But sorry again, didn’t know it was a bad thing.

If you want me to not even use screenshot (if the problem isn’t the notification) I’ll refrain from doing so.

Thanks o/

About this…

Which thread? Can you send me it?

I’m all fine and sorry if I did something.

But that’s another thing I really can’t recall. I searched within our both post history and can’t find anywhere I was discussing with you about AFK necros o.o

I’m quite positive I didn’t say anything bad to you in any AFK necro threads :x

As much I can be annoying to certain people. I’m only going to be intentionally a jerk if you do that to me first or is here clearly for trolling or doomposting (even if subtle trolling or trying to put it behind something else).

If you’re not one of these trolls and think I’m going past limits way too much and making the forum actually worse for you instead of better by nitpicking on the misinformation around I don’t mind stopping.

I do see some trolls complaining about me or bringing “uh, derail” etc, welp, sorry here but about the trolls, that’s my intention: balance the negativity with some posts asking for source for the false claims and to stop with misinformation. If you’re one person actually doing these things I’m not going to stop if you ask, unless you agree to stop spreading misinformation as well, then we’re ok.

2 Likes

Can’t please everyone. I’m not interested in writing nice text to grab people’s attention nor to please a person who’s used to act like a troll.

I’m posting for you to read if you want, with as many details as possible, contributing to the discussion as much as I can, sometimes from various points of view at once. If you don’t want to discuss the topic at hand you’re free to ignore my posts or PM me if you want to discuss about something else.

It’s time to close this thread

:haha:

2 Likes

Way more than you… and you joined back in 2015.

1 Like

Yes, of-course.
Im not “playing the forum” here, but i used to in mmo i played before TOS…

This bunny is merely a beginner :yum:

Post number doesn’t really mean much of anything in a forum. It might mean you have a lot to say if you’ve made a lost of posts, but it means little if you’re not really adding anything to the discussion. That post against Lunar was a prime example.

1 Like

I crafted 3 aspana from the event and enhance them all at the same time
no ritual crap or whatever… definitely base on luck AND PING huehue.

Uploading…

4 Likes