Tree of Savior Forum

How to Gear +23?

So… How do these people get items +26? someone told me that people are using some kind bug to get these weapons. Can anyone confirm this is true? I really want to play this game, but I don’t see the point if I can’t ever reach a point to PVP equally, or even PVE when these are getting such a big advantage.

2 Likes

I don’t know if no one ever told you this but ToS has no hack shield since launch and nothing to deter hacks period. With that being said end game becomes a roll of the dice on enhancements. If you are lucky enough you can compete with other lucky people in pvp. Enjoy!

7 Likes

So, endgame is based on hacked items?

4 Likes

There’s no end game besides running saalus daily and logging off.

Gearing is based on multiple layers of RNG, whaling, RMT and possibly hacking. There were several incidents of exploiting to achieve high level enhancement (channel crashing to rollback failures and some other exploit that was never revealed publicly where people could reach insanely high +50 enhancement at 0 potential).

8 Likes

But are there punishments for that? do IMC remove these hacked gear and stuff? I mean for PVP, is there any chance for PVPing argainst these hacked/exploited gears?

1 Like

Maybe. I haven’t seen any announcements of such bans though.

I mean for PVP, is there any chance for PVPing argainst these hacked/exploited gears?

You just can’t know, that’s the funniest part. I would say yes seeing how this game has a history of constantly getting hacked and exploited.
One of the old enhancement exploits was discovered in pvp actually. Back in the days you couldn’t inspect people’s equipment in arena. Then IMC changed that and suddenly you could find people with hacked +50 Kepa Pendants and other low level jewellery.

PVP is broken anyway right now. Whales, RMTers, network bugs (corpse sliding, desynchs) and poor balance make PVP hard to enjoy.

5 Likes

Many of these weapons are the result of exploits, yes. Some of these were removed when an item/material exploit was corrected, but you may see some that got by still in-game. Others could be exploits not as obvious.

Of course these numbers are going to give someone crazy stats, and that will come across in something like PvP. I will agree with the opinion that it’s not really worth getting into right now, as PvP and GvG both are undergoing makeovers to become more balanced.

In the meantime, they should consider an enhancement change to combat this system.

2 Likes

Weapons are not created via hacks or exploits. They’re dumb excuses made by people who don’t put forth the effort and time to make these weapons.

When you see a weapon with high +, it’s the result of luck, diamond anvils, and/or many many attempts. People buy multiple orange weapons and refine them until one of them gets to a high plus.

Not understanding how to do something does not make it hacking or exploiting. A long time ago, crashing channels used to result in the ability to do this, but this has since been fixed because refines save immediately when they occur. Rollbacks are not possible. None of the new, relevant gear that is actually useful could ever have had something like this done to it.

13 Likes

Correct, but still

An exploited level 315 blue bow at +40 goes at 4k Physical attack. Not transcended yet, now i’m not sure if it’s legit or not but I doubt it is.

So they’re not entirely dumb excuses, you can’t blame people for being suspicious of these things…

10 Likes

That item you are referring to is a faded item with randomized potential. Old HG weapons used to roll their potential values randomly, and the one in question had 22 potential. This is a very high value that is far beyond the possible amount for any other item normally. These items are no longer obtainable, and on top of that, it still took a large amount of luck.

Lastly, like I said, this only equivalent to a +14~16 weapon that is actually level 350 and orange. It’s powerful, sure, but not doable anymore.

2 Likes

I know about old HG gear, but the fact that the same guy had several over +30 weapons?

I don’t think so, not today.

4 Likes

Proof? Screenshots? The highest 350 item I’ve seen is +21 I believe, which is certainly doable. Higher is possible as well, but it would certainly be rare.

2 Likes

Not talking about 350 Gear, the old ones mainly with 22 potential and one new 315 weapon with lower potential.

I only have screenshot of the +40 bow, I’ll take it when that guy links his gear randomly on shout again

2 Likes

With that much potential, it’s not outlandish. That equipment was extremely common, so very easy to try over and over, while being cheap to refine.

1 Like

There’s really no way to be sure unfortunately. The channel crashing exploit was one thing, but the +50 kepa pendants all at 0 potential was something different. And recently I saw another video of usual hacks with the description saying that enhancements with no potential loss were possible.

It might be only rumors, but I’d really like if IMC took every rumor of exploits seriously, especially when they concern anvil enhancement.

3 Likes

Again, that stuff is very very old. Long since fixed, and nothing relevant has that kind of refine. I party in end game every day and check people’s equipment all the time; such things do not exist.

Any time people bring stuff up like this is because they don’t understand or are just trying to stir problems.

4 Likes

They take it seriously. Don’t worry.

Fixed cheats are fixed. Enhancement hacks are a thing of the past. Newest gear aren’t enhanced by bugs or cheats.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was fixed at least before half of previous year or even before.

Actually, it was fixed by July-ish 2016. 2 years ago lol

6 Likes

it seems like some people here didn’t move on from the past exploit xD. the enhancement crashing exploit is fixed lol

Not really, to me it’s the fear of a new exploit.

There’s always the possibility since IMC kept several things under the rug, including bug fixes(Yes I’m annoyed with the running shot/trot bug which was not even acknowledged or any post relating to it if there’s a fix).

This is why being transparent is important.

5 Likes

Very nice.

3 Likes