Tree of Savior Forum

How to enhance items to +16 with high probability

Well, their code does work the same.

Pretty much:

srand(time(0)); at the start of the program or somewhere else.

rand() later on.

What else you need?

If it does then these rituals are untrue, so why enforce the idea?

So are you saying the common implementation and usage of rand() that everyone uses almost everywhere is wrong usage?

why not? If those other games allow RNG manipulation then yeah it’s wrong. At the very least there shouldn’t be any glaring differences no matter what the conditions are. Whether you failed or not, or if you’re in klaipedia or if you use multihit attacks or whatever Ideally it should be 50% success or fail.

If any of these rituals are true and DOES affect the chances of success then I can’t trust the RNG code behind it.

Then you just need to learn more. Here’s some reading material:

1 Like

If you’re saying that it cannot be helped and that the code allows for luck manipulation then that’s not my problem is it? That just means things aren’t as they seem and that there ways to exploit it.

The only way to exploit it is by knowing the seed used on srand(). If you don’t know you can’t.

Is it an exploit to find gold ores in Terraria and explore nearby because it’s likely the world generator generated more gold ores in nearby areas?

Alright, then are there absolutely no ways to make it so location, previous success or fail and frame rate would not make the draw lean towards one or the other?

Well. You can force enhancement to be always on Town Ch1 and force cooldowns between each tries and cap the amount of tries you can enhance the same weapon per day :man_shrugging:

Yes, so why didn’t they perhaps add a cast bar or some sort to hitting anvils? Or introduce a room/NPC where all players are forced to upgrade?

Dunno. I’m not a game designer. Does any game have that? Is it successful on preventing luck streaks?

Lol most games have an upgrade NPC stuck in a set place. Anyway if there are ways to make things more consistent, including the RNG draws as you say, then they should’ve done that. If they didn’t then you can’t trust them to keep things fair. IMC’s reputation on dealing with cheaters, hackers and exploiters are already pretty crappy so what’s wrong with not being able to trust them in having a fair upgrade system?

Because being lucky is unfair? The same method you can use to get +16 can render you multiple +6-7 dead weapons.

And if you really find more efficient methods that can’t have tricks at all you’re free to make a suggestion thread and let people discuss.

So you can’t trust ToS, you can’t trust MapleStory, you can’t trust Black Desert, you can’t trust Kritika Online, you can’t trust lottery.

You also can’t trust Blizzard:

What can you trust, then?

There are many other games who do random % better where it won’t mean the difference between +16 10/12 pot and +5 0 pot. Is it too much to ask for an upgrade system where frame rates, inventories, location, button presses (anvil hitting) and previous success or fail does not exceed a +/- of 10% deviation from 50%?

It’s as if IMC’s just picking between 1-10 and any of these factors take out 3 or 5 of the numbers from the draw.

Yes, it is too much to ask because anyone can anvil faster when they find a luck streak.

You either put a cooldown on it or live with it. :man_shrugging:

A luckstreak is fine, a luckstreak influenced by player actions is not.

You don’t create a luck streak. You find one and take the most of it. lol

The only ‘ritual’ I have is that if I fail, I stop for a while. Succeed until I fail once, take a break, rinse and repeat.

3 Likes

Also a luck streak potentially influenced by frame rates and computer specs. That’s just wrong lol.

Think of this:
random number being generated

randomly starts generating 60 70 56 51 80 90 80 30 70 60 51 52 90
anvils as fast as you can

it goes back to having lower and higher numbers 30 49 60 21 80 etc
try luck or stop

If you intentionally take too long when you’re lucky, you can’t blame others. If you want to anvil on ch1 with a lot of people nearby, sure, go ahead, you still can get +16 but not with a small luck streak like that.